What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Alright, so I just got bodybagged by Starcharger (don't know his tag) and I'm looking for help vs Kitana. Recently picked up and am choosing to main Erron Black. Question is, does Kitana have ANYTHING that is punishable? It seems like every fan throw is safe, and that all the strings Star used were safe or plus. I got told to block, so I did, which opened me up to throws and getting zoned. What the hell beats Kitana? Anything at all? Figured I'd come here first so I can hear it from the actual Kit players.

Lol sounds like star got away with murder.

What variation do you use?

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Tbf, if he was abusing the safe, launching strings and not throwing out unnecessary armored moves Kitana can actually come across as pretty damn safe.

Lol ok khao. If only we could have played the other day...

Anyways, I'd hardly call following up on strings like f1,1,2 to ex fan, (1,1), (b3, ex fan,) 2,1,2 (or doing just 2,1 for the 2 frame adv.), and b1,2 getting away with murder lol. It was a lot of mu inexperience and you not knowing how to use erron black properly. Nevertheless, I feel that match is in kits favor anyways @Kyu

Reactions: Kyu

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN

Anyways, I'd hardly call following up on strings like f1,1,2 to ex fan, (1,1), (b3, ex fan,) 2,1,2 (or doing just 2,1 for the 2 frame adv.), and b1,2 getting away with murder lol. It was a lot of mu inexperience and you not knowing how to use erron black properly. Nevertheless, I feel that match is in kits favor anyways @Kyu
Yeah my day 1 Erron Black probably has something to do with it too lol.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

It wasn't shade. He made it seem like you were doing all types of shit lol. You know fans are unsafe so him not capitalizing on that is his fault, yes, but you got away with some thing lol. Him not challenging your strings with his own or armor is again his fault, but you got away with something. That's just how he's making it seem. And yea I don't think erron is a problem either

@Kyu Ex fan is only +1. Nothing is guaranteed after that. 21 is +2, so b14 is 8f after that, making it a good follow up. You can armor that or beat it with something that's 7f or less. B12 is +1. Nothing guaranteed. F334 is +2 but you can armor before the 4 comes out. Most of her normals or strings are slightly negative or neutral. The most advantage she has on block is +2. You need to challenge Kitana with armor, pokes or fast strings in order for her to think twice about abusing it. Erron has plenty of options against that, especially an armored combo starter.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Scorpion, Bone Shaper Shinnok, Sub-zero, D'vorah, Predator, Jax, Raiden are potential good picks, not saying they all beat her, but they definitely potentially give her a run for her money.
I freaking hate Sub Zero! He is a total butthead!

I use kitana assassin when playing against Scorpion some of them are so predictable I use parry when I read there teleport and assassin strike when they try there demon! I have such a hate for scorpion! What I really want for Kitana is more brutalities. Like one for her XRAY and her throw I was hoping they where preset so I could try and figure them out but no luck so far. Maybe they might release them in upcoming patches!

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Alright, so I just got bodybagged by Starcharger (don't know his tag) and I'm looking for help vs Kitana. Recently picked up and am choosing to main Erron Black. Question is, does Kitana have ANYTHING that is punishable? It seems like every fan throw is safe, and that all the strings Star used were safe or plus. I got told to block, so I did, which opened me up to throws and getting zoned. What the hell beats Kitana? Anything at all? Figured I'd come here first so I can hear it from the actual Kit players.
Drop Erron Black and main Raiden. Problem solved. If used right, she can't do anything against Raiden(RS and Assasin). I got no experience with Mournful It would seem as if he was put in the game just to annihilate her.

A little quirk I always forget to bring up is that all juggling fans are like +900000 on hit and are hard knock downs. Haven't found a great use for it yet but it's good to know. I occasionally end combos with air fan and land and immediately whiff f22u3 into float and njp. Found a little success with that. But idk. Kind of a gimmick. Run up instant air float njp is probably a better option. I just like confusing them before I go for an overhead.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Okay seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to do about imposter tele? If I walk back he recovers too fast to punish, if I block he gets a practically unpunishable 50/50 (lol online) and if I try and NJP I basically have to preemptively jump every time he leaves the ground. Even walking back is hard as you have a split second to see which side he ends up on and you end up eating the NJP and you're in the guessing game.

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
Okay seriously, what the fuck am I supposed to do about imposter tele? If I walk back he recovers too fast to punish, if I block he gets a practically unpunishable 50/50 (lol online) and if I try and NJP I basically have to preemptively jump every time he leaves the ground. Even walking back is hard as you have a split second to see which side he ends up on and you end up eating the NJP and you're in the guessing game.
You just have to make the read dude, and make sure you punish for maximum damage. They'll stop using the tele all together.

7L

Heads up!
about to blow your mind. You have an armored launcher into 32%. if it doesnt come over out because he tele'd to the other side. OMG YOU BLOCKED. you are the best guesser in all of MKX, you should go play the lotto....

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
about to blow your mind. You have an armored launcher into 32%. if it doesnt come over out because he tele'd to the other side. OMG YOU BLOCKED. you are the best guesser in all of MKX, you should go play the lotto....
I use mournful so don't use ex rising fan. She gets a difficult 24% or easy 20% so I prefer to use a safe ex staff for 17%. I need a meterless option really. If I neutral duck you can kind of get b3 lift after making it whiff but if he delays it you still eat the NJP.

7L

Heads up!
I use mournful so don't use ex rising fan. She gets a difficult 24% or easy 20% so I prefer to use a safe ex staff for 17%. I need a meterless option really. If I neutral duck you can kind of get b3 lift after making it whiff but if he delays it you still eat the NJP.
why are you trying to make a njp wiff. the whole point is to hit a ducking opponent.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
why are you trying to make a njp wiff. the whole point is to hit a ducking opponent.
I find if I try and NJP on reaction to a tele I'll get hit out of it as he does it early. If he does it early I won't NJP and try and punish the whiff. b3 also low profiles NJP but is risky. I'm just struggling to find an answer to this and lose entire games on this move alone. Lag plays a small part but I'm pretty lost for an answer tbh. Even d2 at best trades most of the time. Raw lift can work but most of the time it's too slow to be reliable.

Last edited:

7L

Heads up!
I find if I try and NJP on reaction to a tele I'll get hit out of it as he does it early. If he does it early I won't NJP and try and punish the whiff. b3 also low profiles NJP but is risky. I'm just struggling to find an answer to this and lose entire games on this move alone. Lag plays a small part but I'm pretty lost for an answer tbh. Even d2 at best trades most of the time. Raw lift can work but most of the time it's too slow to be reliable.
or just block high....problems all solved

Dude 111 punish as soon as you see the sparklies from his teleport. I have no problem with any teleports. Just be smart and know what you're looking for.

Anyone have any tips against Erron Black (Outlaw) and Cassie (brawler)? Have a money match I'm trying to prep for and my opponent used those two characters.

His EB, I really don't know how to handle him once he gets in. That 21122 or whatever string seems so good. Data says-1 on block?? Also don't get how to deal with the command throw/sandgrenade mixup afterwards. Is the best option to try and poke out with d1?

Any tips in general would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Anyone have any tips against Erron Black (Outlaw) and Cassie (brawler)? Have a money match I'm trying to prep for and my opponent used those two characters.

His EB, I really don't know how to handle him once he gets in. That 21122 or whatever string seems so good. Data says-1 on block?? Also don't get how to deal with the command throw/sandgrenade mixup afterwards. Is the best option to try and poke out with d1?

Any tips in general would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
First tip is always: Zone them for some meter and life advantage, especially against brawler because her projectile is so bad.
Against EB, if you are cornered try to ex air ass to get out. The 21122 string, because the command throw can be punished for a full combo, most EB will go for ex sand grenade to be safe. You have to block again until his runs out of meter (but yolo ex rising blade after blocking ex sand grenade will eat through his low/OH mixup, because it's only +7 or something). You must read your opponent very well. EB is a very hard matchup
Against brawler: she's easier because she has the terrible projectile, she has less tick throw setup, her low string is somehow fuzzyable, her overhead is safe only by using ex flip kick. Keep her out and punish her unsafe stuff upclose (read her frame data again to figure out what you can punish). If you got caught in combo, use breaker and try to run away, continue to zone

First tip is always: Zone them for some meter and life advantage, especially against brawler because her projectile is so bad.
Against EB, if you are cornered try to ex air ass to get out. The 21122 string, because the command throw can be punished for a full combo, most EB will go for ex sand grenade to be safe. You have to block again until his runs out of meter (but yolo ex rising blade after blocking ex sand grenade will eat through his low/OH mixup, because it's only +7 or something). You must read your opponent very well. EB is a very hard matchup
Against brawler: she's easier because she has the terrible projectile, she has less tick throw setup, her low string is somehow fuzzyable, her overhead is safe only by using ex flip kick. Keep her out and punish her unsafe stuff upclose (read her frame data again to figure out what you can punish). If you got caught in combo, use breaker and try to run away, continue to zone

Thank you so much for the advice!

How do you deal with the command throw at the end of the 21122 string as a mixup? Seems like if I try to jump, I get hit with a d3 before leaving the ground. If I stay and block, I get command thrown and I haven't tried poking out yet.

I'm more of a SF player so the mechanics of MK are still a little new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.