What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldriken

tbh she has a hard time opening people up. people can just block low and avoid all her strings.
Pretty much this. Her only overhead is b2 and you can't get anything off of it.

It's best to stick to zoning and throwing if you can.

Shiizu

Theory Fighter
Get in range to poke with d1, d4, and f2. If they crouch block constantly, use b2. Also dont be afraid to jump in just to test them. If you expect an uppercut or an AA, use float to bait.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Brady and Reo were saying if there was a Top Zoner in the game its "probably" Kitana... So fans fans fans , and start with that ...

Dont know how useful this will prove to be, but im using bf 3 after a db 3 a lot. seems to work as some sort of cross up.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
B12 & B14 are both great pokes too. Both are safe.

I've been spending the most time learning her neutral game. I need to practice more of her combos. I've only practiced 3 since beginning. Does anyone have a suggestion of combos before I go any further?

QED

Noob
Been messing around with her neutral a lot as well, including run pressure stuff.

Like I realized most of her strings are actually unsafe after looking at the frame data, so I started practicing hit-confirming her strings into Lift or Parry on hit or block-confirm.

I need to check my math as I forgot to calculate it last night, but I'm guessing the block confirms are still unsafe even when cancelled into parry? And I'm guessing assume cancels into the parry startup are on 1st frame of active frames? Or is there something weird with MKX frame data? Cause I doubt the remaining active frames and recovery frames total the entirety of the parry.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
B12 & B14 are both great pokes too. Both are safe.

I've been spending the most time learning her neutral game. I need to practice more of her combos. I've only practiced 3 since beginning. Does anyone have a suggestion of combos before I go any further?
Really easy 36% no bar midscreen I've been using to punish is

F112~fan Dash F43, F3~lift, JK~Fan, dash F4~TS

I know there are better, but this one doesn't require run cancels, which I'm still having issues with.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Really easy 36% no bar midscreen I've been using to punish is

F112~fan Dash F43, F3~lift, JK~Fan, dash F4~TS

I know there are better, but this one doesn't require run cancels, which I'm still having issues with.
Royal Storm, right? Or Assassin?

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
OK so I did some asking around and my question I asked about when to get in sharpen, I was told this and situation 3 sounds the best imo:

F2,2,U3 (on hit) and also with DR2 to cancel your land recovery

F3,3,4 (its neutral on block)

B1,4,DB1 (on hit and a good mixup) to activate any sharpen buff

Kas

Oh hai ^-^
b1,4 isn't much of a mixup when you consider the fact that she has no good overheads other than b2. T_T
Yea shes not a mix up character. Shes a zoner that can punish unsafe moves really hard.
How does Kitana combo after an air fan from full screen? Is everyone using run into f43?
Good question! I want to know how people are maximizing iAF confirms aswell.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Yea shes not a mix up character. Shes a zoner that can punish unsafe moves really hard.

Good question! I want to know how people are maximizing iAF confirms aswell.
Since I wanna stay full screen. I just do iaf Ground fan ground fan iaF

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Pardon the chime-in from the noob but, even if she's not a mixup character, she's a mid-screen character with a viable optionselect on the b1 which in itself is a pretty fast mid.
I may not be a top player but to me it seems like her goal is to get people blocking or running away. I'm not sure how to deal with rushdown, yet.
I've yet to figure out everything that's guaranteed after d1, d3 and d4. Anybody have a full list?

E

Eldriken

Her inability to open people up makes me question how useful the Assassin variation is. If she can't open people up, they it seems like it would be better to strengthen her zoning capabilities via the Royal Storm variation.
This is EXACTLY why I use Royal Storm now instead of Assassin. Opening people up is too much of a pain in the ass to make Assassin viable.

Although, I have seen some people on GameFAQs suggest canceling strings into parry in Assassin, but I don't know how (un)safe that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.