What's new

Strategy - Kitana Kitana General Discussion/Strategies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
"Fan Out" is her only overhead, it doesn't combo or cancel, negative on block and slow to start up. What is the point of this move? It's horrible.

It should lead into a low-mid and a mid-low cancellable, should be i9-ish, and then it would do well.

Welcome to one of her big complaints. 19 on startup is reasonable but it should be like plus 5 it doesn't go into shit and it's her only oveehead.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I use it to annoy people who like to duck my grabs or stagger it between strings that have lows.

In situations like this it also catches people who tend jump out during block strings.

Plus it looks just fabulous.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Can people please realize that not every single string and/or normal has a purpose in fighting games? I'm pretty sure there has NEVER been a character in any game ever that utilizes it's entire tool set meaningfully. Find what is useful and let the rest chill on the move list.

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I agree it should have better properties, but it shouldn't lead into a string. This game is mix-up heavy enough. If we want characters to be better, we need to improve on their strengths and not make them mirror the mix-up characters. This game needs stylistic diversity so bad.

Can people please realize that not every single string and/or normal has a purpose in fighting games? I'm pretty sure there has NEVER been a character in any game ever that utilizes it's entire tool set meaningfully. Find what is useful and let the rest chill on the move list.
That's the problem.
If we remove it from her tool set, She will be left with 0 overheads. lol

In MK9, she at least had a mixup after f4. Usually noone fell for it, but at least it was safe on block or could cancel into cutter. If it hit, she got a combo.
But that's fine because she was a footsie queen..

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If I was a Kitana player I'd be using that B2 to condition the opponent and check them. You don't need a 40% combo off of every normal, you just need to find a purpose for it instead of dreaming of a purpose for it. You need to make your opponent scared of that B2, you need to make your opponent shit themself when you knock them down.

Get creative, man! :D

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
If I was a Kitana player I'd be using that B2 to condition the opponent and check them. You don't need a 40% combo off of every normal, you just need to find a purpose for it instead of dreaming of a purpose for it. You need to make your opponent scared of that B2, you need to make your opponent shit themself when you knock them down.

Get creative, man! :D
That doesn't really work because there's only so long before b+4, and b+2 which people can mash out of with will actually condition people
We're not asking 40% off of every normal but when my scariest mix up is literally b+1,4 throw there's a lot to be desired.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
That's the problem.
If we remove it from her tool set, She will be left with 0 overheads. lol

In MK9, she at least had a mixup after f4. Usually noone fell for it, but at least it was safe on block or could cancel into cutter. If it hit, she got a combo.
But that's fine because she was a footsie queen..
I guess I just have more of a problem with this way of thinking in general, not just this case in particular. Been seeing way to many "X string isn't good; why does Y character have this?" when they have infinitely better tools available.
But in this situation, does it not give a hard KD or something? That tends to be the NRS rule of thumb- hard KD's are generally not cancellable.
Additionally, I think he zoning is solid enough to warrant her not ALSO having a really strong mixup game up close, but perhaps that's off base. Just spitballing. That's obviously not how several other characters work (*coughwoolaycough*), but tends to be a guiding principal in balancing characters.

x MAD AXES x

Lighten up will ya!
Just be happy they didn't give her mileenas f3 as an overhead, if anyone gets hit by that (without lag being a factor) there's an issue, there always iafb in mournful for another overhead...

Status
Not open for further replies.