What's new

Killer Frost Themed Song - "Frostbite"

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs

Song I've had on my computer for a long time. I sampled a bunch of Killer Frost quotes from Injustice because, let's face it, she's perfect for this. Not the best song I've made from a production standpoint (started it about three weeks after Injustice came out), but I thought I'd share it anyway. I was also working on songs for Grundy and Lex to round out all of the characters I play, but they've been put on hold because creative walls are a bitch to hit

(also, if an ad plays, I'm sorry. I tried to disable them, but I don't think youtube allows that anymore :( )

Venom 88

VenomSuave

Song I've had on my computer for a long time. I sampled a bunch of Killer Frost quotes from Injustice because, let's face it, she's perfect for this. Not the best song I've made from a production standpoint (started it about three weeks after Injustice came out), but I thought I'd share it anyway. I was also working on songs for Grundy and Lex to round out all of the characters I play, but they've been put on hold because creative walls are a bitch to hit
goodshit your music never fails

ShadowBeatz

GODLIKE, I was really waiting for the "You're a beautiful man, I think I'll keep you" quote. or "Watch the hands"!

Thanks. I wanted to do the "you're a beautiful man" quote, but that's when she grabs right? I think there was too much background noise or something when I was recording that, with the grab scene going on and everything. There was something that prevented that haha.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Thanks. I wanted to do the "you're a beautiful man" quote, but that's when she grabs right? I think there was too much background noise or something when I was recording that, with the grab scene going on and everything. There was something that prevented that haha.
Haha, yeah I have a youtube vid of it and you are right there is a lot of background noise because of dat iceeeeeeeeeeeee

ShadowBeatz

Wow. I just started playing with reason this year and tend to struggle during the mixdown. Your mixes are really great, any tips or tricks you'd want to share? Or resources?

Just practice really (I'm still working on perfecting mixes actually :p). Learn to master all of the M-Class mastering effects (EQ, Compressor, Maximizer and Stereo Imager) as they are crucial to a good mix. This also might be the best channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PropellerheadSW. SO many great tips on using Reason.

Also, when you think you're done mixing, take a day or two without listening to it, and then listen again. Your ears will be fresh and you'll hear the mix more clearly, and then you can adjust

Just practice really (I'm still working on perfecting mixes actually :p). Learn to master all of the M-Class mastering effects (EQ, Compressor, Maximizer and Stereo Imager) as they are crucial to a good mix. This also might be the best channel on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/PropellerheadSW. SO many great tips on using Reason.

Also, when you think you're done mixing, take a day or two without listening to it, and then listen again. Your ears will be fresh and you'll hear the mix more clearly, and then you can adjust
Awesome, thanks for the link. Yeah I feel pretty comfortable with most of the M-class stuff, I just tend to find myself struggling to thicken certain sounds without drowning out others. I expect that will just take time, practice and work. I've been playing a lot with ducked compression to help with that, and have even started to build a multi-band compressor using stereo imagers and compressors to help with places where frequencies overlap.

And yeah, I have to take breaks from songs regularly, I tend to have a half dozen or so in various states so I can take breaks from one and focus on another. It's amazing how regularly you will work on a track, and think BLAH this isn't working at all, only to come back to it a week later and really dig it.

Is reason 7 worth the upgrade? I'm still on 6.

And sorry to derail the thread lol.