What's new

General/Other KILLER FROST - General Discussion Thread

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
She will have some kind of combo hit, that freezes the opponent ..... and probably, some ice blast as projectile type.

Anyway, she will be fine, believe !

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
She's definitely gonna be the first character i go to, hopefully she's fun to use.

Suzumebachi

For hearts long lost and full of fright
I really hope she's a beast. The idea of her flying bothers me a bit, but it does look like she's a floater based on her little leaked statue things:

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I really hope she doesn't play like another zoning ice character, but has more of a rushdown game.

Would be pretty cool if her character trait added freezing properties to certain moves in order to extend combos further.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I really hope she doesn't play like another zoning ice character, but has more of a rushdown game.

Would be pretty cool if her character trait added freezing properties to certain moves in order to extend combos further.
The only problem with this is that if she were an ice character that was actually a zoner, she'd be unique...

Honestly, there are barely any ice characters in fighters. Ice characters off the top of my head: Sub-Zero/Frost, Jin Kisaragi and... uh... what, like... Kula Diamond. Pretty much it. Uh, I think Zenia came with the Ice Arcana in Arcana Heart 3, but that could apply to anyone in the game so it doesn't really count, but for the sake of argument, let's say that picture of a penguin in AH3 is technically a character.

That picture of a penguin is the only ice character I can think of that really dedicates to zoning.

Sub-Zero's whole game was about pushing you to the corner, Jin Kisaragi is one of the rushiest of rush monkeys. Kula... It's been a while since I played KoF... and that was just KoF:2002... I remember Kula mostly for her corner infinite. Can't speak to Frost because she's an MK character from the 3D era and I didn't play any of the titles there because I'm not on those kind of drugs.

If anything, a zoning ice character would be a change of pace for the archetype.

Also, I lied. There's a second problem in that a rush style + the trait you're describing = female Jin Kisaragi. It's enough that her 2P costume has the NOL uniform's individual shoulder capes.

I hope she's not just another ice character whose entire functionality amounts to nothing more than putting their opponent into states of glorified untechable time.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Behold the power of hot.

Gotta admit, despite the fact she has creepy corpse skin and that pixelsexuality is the devil's portal, I'd put her really close to the very top of the list of sexy bitches in fighters.

Flagg

Noob
I hope she has a CSZ ice parry, will main her 100% if that is the case.

Neclord, completely unrelated, did you used to play a PC game called Dawn of War? Just I remember a player with your name that used to play that, used to main the Necrons!

Eddyward

Noob
The only problem with this is that if she were an ice character that was actually a zoner, she'd be unique...

If anything, a zoning ice character would be a change of pace for the archetype.

I hope she's not just another ice character whose entire functionality amounts to nothing more than putting their opponent into states of glorified untechable time.
As much as I love to play rushdown characters, I agree with this, especially the last part. If her playstyle revolved around rushdown stuff and frozen states, she could have been replaced with any other rushdown character. Not saying that she can't have some cool rushdown stuff and frozen states; perhaps a mixture of both would make her quite the cool character. ;) Something like having both an Ice Wall and Ice Slides for example.

Basically, I feel that if she were purely rushdown, we wouldn't see enough of the frost theme, and it'd be mostly kicks and punches with a couple of ice moves that are used as combo extenders. I'd almost like to see an Aquaman type of style I guess; I like how Aquaman is sometimes considered a zoner because of several of his special moves, but he is also a rushdown character with his combos. And his trait is a strong anti-zoning tool which can also push rushdown characters away - it's like an ICE WALL! Which she would use to strengthen her zoning capabilities, quite different from why Aquaman wants to use his trait.

Sorry if that sounds weird. I don't know how to explain that clearly haha. :confused: Aquaman = rushdown hybrid, Killer Frost = zoner hybrid?

Neclord

Noob
Her skin tone reminds me of one of those elves from one of those fantasy RPG games.
Yea, reminds me a little bit of the Night Elves from Warcraft.
But I'm really curious if her ingame model will be more like her render or more like this: http://www.dcplanet.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Injustice-KillerFrost2.jpg

Because these are two different faces. Well I like both.

I hope she has a CSZ ice parry, will main her 100% if that is the case.

Neclord, completely unrelated, did you used to play a PC game called Dawn of War? Just I remember a player with your name that used to play that, used to main the Necrons!
Haha, yea I played Dawn of War online a lot. And I also played the Necrons yep. :D

Flagg

Noob
Yea, reminds me a little bit of the Night Elves from Warcraft.
But I'm really curious if her ingame model will be more like her render or more like this: http://www.dcplanet.fr/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Injustice-KillerFrost2.jpg

Because these are two different faces. Well I like both.

Haha, yea I played Dawn of War online a lot. And I also played the Necrons yep. :D
It's you, NecLord? I remember watching you play a lot of solo's on Blood River and people would bash you, but you were one of the first to "rush" with scarabs, decapping or building turrets. I had a couple of accounts, one of them was 'Mikron', my Std battles account. I mostly used Dark Eldar or Chaos. It's a shame DOW 2 wasn't so great cause Soul Storm is still probably my favourite game ever.

Neclord

Noob
It's you, NecLord? I remember watching you play a lot of solo's on Blood River and people would bash you, but you were one of the first to "rush" with scarabs, decapping or building turrets. I had a couple of accounts, one of them was 'Mikron', my Std battles account. I mostly used Dark Eldar or Chaos. It's a shame DOW 2 wasn't so great cause Soul Storm is still probably my favourite game ever.
Hmm I guess it's not me then. I mostly played 2on2 matches with my friend and I think my online nick was Necl0rd (<-- the zero instead of o). ^^
But yea I agree, DoW2 was disappointing compared to DoW1.

Flagg

Noob
Hmm I guess it's not me then. I mostly played 2on2 matches with my friend and I think my online nick was Necl0rd (<-- the zero instead of o). ^^
But yea I agree, DoW2 was disappointing compared to DoW1.
This is going back a long time now, I remember you used a | for the l part. Maybe you played more 2v2's towards the end. I havent played the game since my last PC died which was about 3 years ago now. Ne|ord im sure is how it was spelled. Aw well, I guess the 'gaming world' is a small world after all.