What's new

Match-up Discussion Kenshi SMH

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I know we have our match up thread, but at Final Round I know I'm not the only Kitana that lost to a Kenshi, so we need to figure this shit out.

I have some new stuff I wanna try but I have to wait until this weekend to test it out. Thoughts ideas and experiences welcome in this thread,

Thread only for people serious about this match up, and trying to get it to a point where we are not screwed, not for people looking to counter pick it,

Kitana 4 life

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
One kitana knows the answer That I know of

I promise to ask him if I can post some videos
sweet, me and gr8 were talking on the way to the airport and he had some interesting theorys, I don't wanna say yet because they need to be tested,

Nothing that will tip the scales or anything, but at least provide a fighting chance,

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
After talking to CD and watching how he approaches it (and every match lol), making Kenshi use his meter and staying just outside shoulder range is where you want to be. 2,1 is really great to catch him and his huge hitbox also.

If you play against someone like Pig who has some of the most gdlk reactions, then good fucking luck ;_;

I honestly think that it won't be so bad (which is still bad) once we've played the match a ton to get used to it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
After talking to CD and watching how he approaches it (and every match lol), making Kenshi use his meter and staying just outside shoulder range is where you want to be. 2,1 is really great to catch him and his huge hitbox also.

If you play against someone like Pig who has some of the most gdlk reactions, then good fucking luck ;_;

I honestly think that it won't be so bad (which is still bad) once we've played the match a ton to get used to it.
This is how I approach him with SZ. I'd think everyone who doesn't teleport has to approach him this way. Kinda dumb that I have to completely guess in 90% of this matchup.
When you guys figure it out... let me know, So i can use whatever you have as a blueprint.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I just want to say that nobody should feel bad about losing to Kenshi. The character takes no skill to play. Total EZ mode character. When unskilled players use an EZ mode character, they can get by okay. When skilled players use an EZ mode character, forget about it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
When I do Sonya/Cage Vs Kenshi I like to stay just outside his shoulder range and throw rings, d4, F3s etc. That way he's gotta either move forward to do a shoulder which maybe you can jump, maybe he'll try reflect.

Havent played it that much but thats the way to go it seems.

Saw sooooo many players dying to kenshi cause they kept walking into shoulder range and getting fucked up.
Gotta at least attempt to make him fear missing a shoulder

Edit: just saw Konqrrs... what he said basically

When I do Sonya Vs Kenshi I like to stay just outside his shoulder range and throw rings, d4 etc. That way he's gotta either move forward to do a shoulder which maybe you can jump, maybe he'll try reflect.

Havent played it that much but thats the way to go it seems.

Saw sooooo many players dying to kenshi cause they kept walking into shoulder range and getting fucked up.
Gotta at least attempt to make him fear missing a shoulder
What do you punish wiffed shoulder with? ring?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I just want to say that nobody should feel bad about losing to Kenshi. The character takes no skill to play. Total EZ mode character. When unskilled players use an EZ mode character, they can get by okay. When skilled players use an EZ mode character, forget about it.
If u pick up kenshi I'll f ing destroy you and show u he requires skill to play correctly

CD and 16 bit have never lost to a kenshi on multiple occasions and attempts

So how about showing some respect

Btw when u learn easy mode kenshi hit me up for games cause Im gonna blow u up

Noserfatu

If u pick up kenshi I'll f ing destroy you and show u he requires skill to play correctly

CD and 16 bit have never lost to a kenshi on multiple occasions and attempts

So how about showing some respect

Btw when u learn easy mode kenshi hit me up for games cause Im gonna blow u up
That's just like, your opinion, man.

I dig your attitude, but I still don't think Kenshi takes as much skill to play as the other top tier characters. Keep away is easier than rush down.

Btw if you don't get my reference, I dig your attitude much less

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That's just like, your opinion, man.

I dig you're attitude, but I still don't think Kenshi takes as much skill to play as the other top tier characters. Keep away is easier than rush down.
His rush down is just as effective as his keep away and they both work hand in and hand making him top 5 in the game

Again, CD and 16 bit are top players.....Why hasnt any one of them lost to a kenshi yet?

I ask you to learn the character and try playing against me or anyone else. It's not as "free" as you think, it takes footsies, knowledge and reactions to do it right.

Noserfatu

His rush down is just as effective as his keep away and they both work hand in and hand making him top 5 in the game

Again, CD and 16 bit are top players.....Why hasnt any one of them lost to a kenshi yet?

I ask you to learn the character and try playing against me or anyone else. It's not as "free" as you think, it takes footsies, knowledge and reactions to do it right.
1. Yeah his fast low combo starter is nice, but thats not the focal point of his game. The focal point of his game is zoning and he's damn good at it.

2. Because you're the only top level kenshi in the game, dude. Blackula and Teef are really good players but they're not top 8 at a true major players.

3. I called Kenshi an EZ mode no skill character, but I also said "When skilled players use an EZ mode character, forget about it." You = skilled.

This still doesn't change the fact that Kenshi is an easy character to play. Name a few chars in the top 10 that you think are easier than Kenshi to play, and let's put a poll up in the front page and let the community decide.

The dude abides.

Altaire

Noob
Well, you clearly have no skill, so why don't you pick him up and prove your point?

If you finally start doing well, we'll know you're right.