What's new

Kenshi Kombo Thread

DrDogg

Noob
35% Midscreen, meterless:

f+2,2,b+1 > Dash > f+2,2,b+1 > Dash > d+1 > db+1 > Dash > f+2,2 > df+2

If you start with a jump in punch it's 38%.
The existing bnb is much easier to do for the same damage. Also, what's d,f+2? Do you mean b,f+2?

Merged the 2 Kombo threads. If someone wants to go through the thread and post all the kombo's that were posted, I will update the OP with them.
Both threads are a mess. Most of the combos are people just trying to be the first to get the highest damage and are useless already. I'll grab all of the worthwhile combos and create a new thread, if you're willing to close/delete both of these threads (after I make the new one).

Urichinan

@Urichinan
The existing bnb is much easier to do for the same damage. Also, what's d,f+2? Do you mean b,f+2?

Both threads are a mess. Most of the combos are people just trying to be the first to get the highest damage and are useless already. I'll grab all of the worthwhile combos and create a new thread, if you're willing to close/delete both of these threads (after I make the new one).
Oops, yeah. That's what happens when half all of your characters have a df+2 move. XD

And it doesn't matter how many combos there are, they are all worthwhile. Some people don't like short and easy combos, some people like long and difficult combos. Even if they do the same damage.

DrDogg

Noob
Oops, yeah. That's what happens when half all of your characters have a df+2 move. XD

And it doesn't matter how many combos there are, they are all worthwhile. Some people don't like short and easy combos, some people like long and difficult combos. Even if they do the same damage.
Right... well, you keep dropping your more difficult combo and I'll stick to the equally damaging, but far easier combo. >_>

And most of the combos in this thread are not worthwhile... unless you also believe that people want super easy, low damage combos instead of easy high damage combos...?

Urichinan

@Urichinan
Right... well, you keep dropping your more difficult combo and I'll stick to the equally damaging, but far easier combo. >_>

And most of the combos in this thread are not worthwhile... unless you also believe that people want super easy, low damage combos instead of easy high damage combos...?
Even if it's short and does low damage, it's enough to keep you from getting hit by a breaker, long combos also allow for more corner carry, the combos you're talking about are extremely good, yes, but aren't always going to be the best option, ya' know?

DrDogg

Noob
Even if it's short and does low damage, it's enough to keep you from getting hit by a breaker, long combos also allow for more corner carry, the combos you're talking about are extremely good, yes, but aren't always going to be the best option, ya' know?
Of the combos in this thread, I'm pretty sure the bnb combos will always be more useful than the rest. You want your opponent to use a breaker so they burn meter. You do not use a shorter combo to prevent the opponent from using breaker. The only way that would even be a moderately good strategy at high levels is if you somehow found a combo that did crazy damage at the beginning of the combo and somehow ended up doing less damage than other combos if you finished it. Nothing like that has been found yet.

Also, just about all of Kenshi's bnb combos have good corner carry at the moment.

lobo

woof.
i agree 100% with this being closed/deleted/merged into a new kombo thread made by someone who will keep the OP updated. that said, the BnB's i'm sticking to for a while because they are easy, practical and awesome are:

mid no meter

f22b1, ff, f32~db1, ff, f22b2 35% and easy as hell. right now it seems the most practical until something with significantly higher damage arises.
f32~db1, ff, f22bf3 25%

he seems to have TONS of corner options, which is awesome. i never really bother with EX combos unless they prove to be very good so for the next few days i'm gonna ignore them and assume i'll be saving my meter for breakers to get away or for xray if it proves to be worthwhile.

indig0

Noob
I have a question regarding 2 into DB+1

When ever I do this, it cancels my DB+1 into DB+2.. why does it do this? I understand that maybe this combo isnt possible, but I dont understand why it puts out a completely different move than what I put in.
The game has a very lenient negative-edge input.

48% Midscreen X-Ray: JP, f.2,2,b.1, dash, 2,1 xx Rising, dash, 3 xx X-Ray. Very easy inputs, good damage if you're going for an X-Ray combo.

lol someone doesnt have good execution. i have a 52% one meter corner combo, and tons of meterless combos 46% and higher. but i can tell why u are hating on ( worthless long combo's) prolly cause u have shitty execution.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
good stuff for day 1 but...im pretty sure f2 2 b1 is insanely unsafe on block and gives your opponent enough time to go grab a drink, sit back down, and decide what full combo punishment to give you. seems like its the only starter so far to his high damage combos but just charging in with jp into this for a bnb is gonna get kenshi blown up. i havent been doing the low starter so i dont know if its safe or at least safer but kenshis gonna need something that doesnt get him raped on block for a bnb starter.
Yeah I was scared of this too, plus for me f2, 2, b1 into dash is not that simple for me to execute at the moment. If you can do it great, Im just not that comfortable with it, at least not yet.

Cant wait to see easy bnb's off his f3 that do 30+%. Btw wonder if rising karma (ie db1) is bad on damage scaling?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Go ahead and do that when you get the time.

xTac

Noob
Ernov said:
Yeah I was scared of this too, plus for me f2, 2, b1 into dash is not that simple for me to execute at the moment. If you can do it great, Im just not that comfortable with it, at least not yet.

Cant wait to see easy bnb's off his f3 that do 30+%. Btw wonder if rising karma (ie db1) is bad on damage scaling?
A very easy 33% midscreen no bar that might help you at least learn the timing for the dash:

F2,2B1, dash, 2 xx rising karma, F3,2 xx spirit charge

Only 1 dash... and for the timing, you can input ff while he is still finishing F2,2B1 animation, do a quick pause and then input F3,2 or whatever you want.

Something else you may try is using negative edge in your favour, you dont actually need to do ff, f3. Try holding ff down and releasing when you input 3. You may find it easier once you get used to.

Gurrry said:
I have a question regarding 2 into DB+1

When ever I do this, it cancels my DB+1 into DB+2.. why does it do this? I understand that maybe this combo isnt possible, but I dont understand why it puts out a completely different move than what I put in.
Yes, negative edge will interrupt a lot of stuff for kenshi if you are connecting inputs/moves too quickly.
For example, you can easily do 1 xx rising karma by doing just 1,DB. Or 2 xx spirit charge by 2,FB.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
lol someone doesnt have good execution. i have a 52% one meter corner combo, and tons of meterless combos 46% and higher. but i can tell why u are hating on ( worthless long combo's) prolly cause u have shitty execution.
Where are these so called combos

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
One thing I would like to note about Kenshi that everyone should be aware of. His walk speed is amazing both forward and backwards. I think this will be very important for good Kenshi players to maintain a good threatening distance with the shoulder dash that pressure people to jump and the close falling sword clone.

The shoulder dash and the close falling sword clone are very good for keeping people trapped in the corner.

At first when I noticed that the falling sword clones were overhead I thought, eh so what people like to dash block. I started to notice that people don't like taking the block damage from back-forward 3 so they crouch them which sometimes gives you the ability to drop a clone on them.

Sorry for the naming conventions I am tired. :hammer:

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I call shenanigans, the most I can get meterless is 33% and 48% with an xray.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
JP, F22B1, dash,21db1, dash, F21B2...37% meterless midscreen best ive done so far..F21B2 seems the best way to end these strings

Albo

Noob

i agree with this. it would be much more useful to have some practical combso that are worth using and are practical in matches. also in a layout where i can print it or just quickly look it up instead of browsing this thread everytime i forget something.

xxvic1ousxx

Awake and Dreaming...
The combos Ive been using are:

Midscreen
  • f.2,2,b.1 (dash)> f.3,2 xx Rising Karma (dash)> 2,1 xx Spirit Charge 34% (High)
  • 1,1,2 xx Rising Karma (dash)> f.3,2 xx Spirit Charge 28% (High)
  • f.3,2 xx Rising Karma (dash)> 2,1 xx Spirit Charge 25% (Low)
  • 2,1,b.2 xx Spirit Charge 22% (16% if the first 2 hits are blocked) (Mid)
Corner
  • f.2,2,b.1> 2,1,b.2> 3 xx Rising Karma> 1,1,2 xx Spirit Charge 41% (High)
  • f.2,2,b.1> 2,1,b.2> 3 xx Rising Karma> 2 xx Rising Karma> 1,1,2 xx Spirit Charge 43% (High) A little more difficult.
  • 1,1,2 xx Rising Karma> 2,1,b.2> 3 xx Spirit Charge 34% (High)
  • f.3,2 xx Rising Karma> 2,1,b.2> 3 xx Spirit Charge 31% (Low)
  • 2,1,b.2> 2,1,b.2> 3 xx Rising Karma> 1,1,2 xx Spirit Charge 40% (36% if the first 2 hits are blocked) (Mid) If the first two hits are blocked, you'll need to dash in before or after the second 2,1,b.2 in order to connect 3 xx Rising Karma.
Also, has anyone noticed that you can force your opponent into a standing position if you hit them with an attack that hits crouching opponents, right as they hit the ground? It's actually not that difficult, either.

Simple example: f.2,2,b.1> f.3

They're still able to block. But, it takes away the option to lay on the ground, roll or wakeup. Does everyone have something like this? Feedback is appreciated.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
41 meter-less
the opponent was falling too fast for me visually. I never tried to do the f22xxbd1 after that. Thanks for sharing, im gonna try to make that one my bnb. seems simple :)

EDIT: BTW have you guys played against the CPU on expert? it keep on doing tele-furry to beat my cross ups. Pretty cool if you ask me but I have not been able to do it properly :-(

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Ummm, ANY combo is practical in an actual match if you practice it enough. Having "simple" BnBs just shows laziness or poor execution on your part. Kitana had 38% BnBs day one, now 45-50% is standard. Go into training mode, find a high damage combo either on your own or on here, do it enough times to where it becomes second nature and make it your BnB. Simple as that.

has anybody found any way to combo his :en moves so far i've found they send you back to far to combo and have manly been using meter for breakers and xrays