What's new

Keeping It Lame - A Request For An Analysis Of Defensive Characters

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Hey guys, welcome back!

Been here for a mad minute. For a while now, I've been maining Kenshi, and its been a love/hate relationship. I'm wanting to mix it up, for the sake of letting my mind rest and learning something new about the game.

I fancy myself a very defensive character, with a very 'lame' play style, much to the style of Guile and Dhalsim from Street Fighter, King from King of Fighters, etc.

Which characters would TYM recommend?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys, welcome back!

Been here for a mad minute. For a while now, I've been maining Kenshi, and its been a love/hate relationship. I'm wanting to mix it up, for the sake of letting my mind rest and learning something new about the game.

I fancy myself a very defensive character, with a very 'lame' play style, much to the style of Guile and Dhalsim from Street Fighter, King from King of Fighters, etc.

Which characters would TYM recommend?
Freddy....period, no other choice if that's what you like.

D

Deleted member 9158

Any of the zoners really. Freddy, Noob Saibot, Sindel etc

zaf

professor
freddy, kenshi

mainly freddy though

but if it is lame you want, there are many ways to play lame with a lot of zoning characters. it all depends on what kind of style you like.

but if you want dhalism its freddy, all your damage is ranged/ranged frame traps lols

Smoke, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are pretty universally accepted as being some of the best at laming people out. Good luck getting that life lead, but once you've got it, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

McNasty

Moist.
Smoke is the king of lame IMO. Some others that benefit from lame play are: reptile, freddy,sindel, jax, cyrax, kabal, kitana, ermac, sub zero

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk 2

BTK HY3NA Freddy is the lamest character in MK by far, but Kenshi isn't far behind. If your a Dhalsim main you might feel more comfortable using Kenshi though. However, MK favors the offensive players and all moves do chip damage, so us defensive minded players have to work harder.

McNasty I disagree. Smoke can runaway and be very mobile, but he can't touch you from anywhere on the screen like Freddy or Kenshi.

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
Sub zero is the king of lame. Search for some Brady Sub matches on YouTube for confirmation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Liu can lame it out pretty effectively. So I personally recommend him.

But if you're looking for the King of Lame: Freddy.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Foxy, if you don't mind, can you explain a bit more? This has been the first time I've ever heard Sektor be described as lame.
B1, rockets, flamethrower & up missiles make it difficult to get near him, depending on the character you can't be zoned back if you can iATU on reaction as well.

NKZero

Noob
BTK HY3NA I was about to say exactly what F0xy said. Sektor has annoying zoning more than anything but it isn't sustainable. It's his defensive normals with good pushback that combined with his flame burner and up missile tools make him an asshole. Also has a 6 frame jab that can come in handy when blowing up pressure.

I play the ultimate defensive Sektor and it's fun as hell. Also you can use homing missile as a GTFO tool, it doesn't always need to be used offensively.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Logical answer: Freddy is #1.

Box's answer: Cyrax.

Come on now.

If I so much as poke you in the boob, I'm up 40-70% and I can play hopscotch until the timer runs out.