What's new

Karachi, Pakistan - Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament Aftermath & Footage

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This goes as proof that Mortal Kombat will never die. Just two days ago in Karachi, Pakistan players held a Mortal Kombat 9 team tournament. It was a team tournament consisting of eight players featuring MKRayden (from MKNexusOnline.com), Prince Jr, Prince Sr, Shazaib, RockyWild, Nabeel Cero, Pain and Baksu.

Below were their conditions and tournament rules followed by tournament matches from their team event.

Mortal Kombat 9 Tournament happened in Karachi Pakistan 1st September 2013.In this tournament we had 2 Team Thunder Warriors and Freezing Rage both team have 4 players along with one Leader and both team also have 10 Koins and each player can maximum 3 koins and minimum 2 koins.
Thunder Warriors
mkpak.jpg

Freezing Rage
mkpak1.jpg

Thunder Warriors Team setup below
MKRayden (Leader) i had a 3 koins
Prince Jr. had a 3 koins
Prince Sr had 2 koins
Shazaib had a 2 koins

Freezing Rage Team setup below
Rockywild (Leader) had a 2 koins
Nabeel Cero had a 3 koins
Pain had a 3 Koins
Baksu had a 2 koins
Tournament Rules
One Player cannot play all koins at the same time if one of the team member loose he has to move and the next player of the team will replace him as soon the player looses its the captain wish to send the new player or the same player who loose earlier in his team.
Player can not be replaced or retire an any case until he looses.
Game character can not be changed once selected until the player looses.
Winners is 10 points
Each Koins Loser is -5 points
Flawless Victory is 15 points

Source: MKNexusOnline.com

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Sorry storms, but the fact that the only mk9 news getting front paged is tournaments in third world countries with people no one's heard of means mk9 IS dead.

When I was contracted out to Asmara to help on the construction of Eritrean government properties I found this arcade/video game store in the Asmara Bazaar where a bunch of teenagers were playing MK9 casuals. I hopped in for a bit and my rusty Sindel got bodied by a very good Stryker player. Good stuff.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Sorry storms, but the fact that the only mk9 news getting front paged is tournaments in third world countries with people no one's heard of means mk9 IS dead.
(A) "3rd world countries"
(B) "people no one's heard of"
(C) "mk is dead"

Dude, if this WASN'T front paged, then MK would be dead... Guys like Baksu, Prince sr/jr, Pain and the others which you just offended (A) are the ones keeping MK alive. The MK community outside the States (GGA excluded of course!) deserve props for keeping alive something that people YOU HAVE heard of (B) aren't fans of the MK franchise, just happened to play the game and don't even care about keeping sth alive that they do not have fun with...

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know MK Rayden from deviantart ^^

Good to know we really aren't alone around here, good stuff from Pakistan. Well, i will have 1 more MK tournament to close the year, and start fresh in the next one, ppl are getting ready for it by now, specially since they got teased by NeoRussell that he might come back, so everyone wants a piece of him so badly lol.

MKR

Noob
Thanks everyone for your response this tournament winner is Thunder Warriors win by 5 koins. and most important thing i want to share with tym community they make a topic about Top mk player tier list like this so we make mk players online ranking data system.

How big is MK9 in Chile still? What about injustice?
Recently had an event with Daniel Pesina and was very large. soon I'll upload the finals were 40,000 people at this event called Festigame, in the tournament included more than 40 participants and had thousands of people watching the finals

Finals & exhibitions

I leave you a video of the roar of Chile

and in October in Argentina we will have a very big tournament MK

Injustice in Chile failed. For my part I will retake the game

Espio

Kokomo
I'm really glad this got front paged and I'm hype to check out these matches when I get back from college. It's nice to see different players from across the globe and I'm especially interested in the Kitana, Noob and Ermac play.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
smh.... please next time you have a thought in your head, just keep it to yourself. thx

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Alright guys, I think Roosta got the message. No need to keep quoting him now. This is really cool though. (The tournament/matches I mean. :) )

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
Recently had an event with Daniel Pesina and was very large. soon I'll upload the finals were 40,000 people at this event called Festigame, in the tournament included more than 40 participants and had thousands of people watching the finals

Finals & exhibitions

I leave you a video of the roar of Chile

and in October in Argentina we will have a very big tournament MK

Injustice in Chile failed. For my part I will retake the game
Awesome response man thank you very much.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Good games! Don't take me wrong ,but the only thing I didn't like is the Cyrax player. He is horrible! Bomb, net, no setups and 25% max damage!

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I learn something! If Kitana do F21, Sheevas Ex Grab wiffs as a wake up. Interesting!