What's new

Tech - Cutthroat Kano's Power Up Pressure Frame Data

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I'd also like to mention that with the removal of most option selects(RIP Raiden), Kano's 0 or +1 on block 50/50 is THAT much more better.

It's easy to say he's one of the best characters in the game, why he got any sort of buffs still confuses me outside of tiny b1 range buff.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
'Earned buffs 2k15'

Considering cutthroat has always been a good variation you lot should gtfo lol, you haven't earned anything.
Always thought cybernetic and commando had better options with the B1 and safer tools. But CUTTHROAT is MASSIVE NOW and with all of the whining here. It's well deserved. The power of TYM is real. Back to class with a smile lol

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
'Earned buffs 2k15'

Considering cutthroat has always been a good variation you lot should gtfo lol, you haven't earned anything.
Yep, the Cutthroats have been really flooding the top 8 and causing the most salt in MKX online. Both casuals and pro playees have definitely been utilizing the variation. Remind me, when was the last time you went toe to toe with a Cutthroat Kano in one of your tournaments?

EDIT: Who said Cutthroat WASN'T good?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So, what we're saying is that any time he has a bar, Kano can derp out a powerup cancel that leads to a 50% combo on hit, and a guaranteed 50/50 on block?
No. His EX Buff damage has been significantly toned down to compensate for the new combo opportunities. EX Buff combos are in line with half the cast 1 bar combos, and still weaker than what Lao, D'Vorah, Jax, etc, other top tiers pull off for one bar. Also, his "plus on block insanity" is no diff than other "plus on block insanity" that other characters get for one bar, or some for no bars.

So this is what viability feels like? It feels good.

VoyagersRevenge

AUGMENTED
No. His EX Buff damage has been significantly toned down to compensate for the new combo opportunities. EX Buff combos are in line with half the cast 1 bar combos, and still weaker than what Lao, D'Vorah, Jax, etc, other top tiers pull off for one bar. Also, his "plus on block insanity" is no diff than other "plus on block insanity" that other characters get for one bar, or some for no bars.

So this is what viability feels like? It feels good.
I was just trying to side a bit with the haters. My bad for that remark salt. MY BAD <3

ESP-_BLACK

best proclaimed hellfire scorpion
after you do a normal/string into ex buff you get do a iajip f212 you shouldbe getting around 45+

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kano(Cut throat) has gotten a few buffs one of which was a faster ex power, Which means he can now link more combos into EX power up or go for block pressure. Here is what i found so far. These are rough estimates

B12--expu +9
B121-expu + 14
4--expu-+15
112 expu +3
b32 expu +9
b3 expu +3
32 expu +2
f2 +3
f21+3
I didn't notice but one of the most important and vital ones is missing. F4.

Also, when you say B32 you mean B31 right?

ESP-_BLACK

oh and f4 ex power up on block is hella negitive maybe 0

EDIT: If you do F4 ex power up its full combo punishble

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
oh and f4 ex power up on block is hella negitive maybe 0
Damn that's a bummer. It's the only one other than B121 that will always hit the OH option without moving from place due to whiffing against crouch blocks. Well at least we still have good frames though.

ESP-_BLACK

Damn that's a bummer. It's the only one other than B121 that will always hit the OH option without moving from place due to whiffing against crouch blocks. Well at least we still have good frames though.
ok i did more test f4 is ATLEST - 3 its not full combo punishable but if the opponent is sleeping you can get away with it