What's new

General/Other - Kano Kano Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK Stormthegates

WOOLAY!!!!
Yeah he is my favorite out of the announcements so far. The Cybernetic stance looks AWESOME.

Also here's hoping they put in MK3 Kano as a outfit.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Looks interesting. I like grappler, though I was hoping for more suplex and backbreakers.
Will probably still main Kotal or Ferra, but if he is lower tiered I'll use him instead.

Flagg

Noob
Cut throat stance looks like he plays a lot like his mk9 version where as you have in addition a zoning and grapple version.

He looks super diverse now.

Hades

Noob
Dat xray doe! that rib slash is nasty and that spine snap is fucking insane! Man no other reveal trailer got me near this hype!

cyke_out

Noob
Looks like a keep away character to me, thank NRS for displaced Raiden :joker:
Just cybernetic looks mostly zoning while commando excels upclose and cut throat seems closer to his mk9 version with knife melee attacks and upballs mixed with projectiles so more well rounded.

And it's way too early to just assume that a character with a teleport automatically trumps zoning. Until we see frame data we just don't know.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Just cybernetic looks mostly zoning while commando excels upclose and cut throat seems closer to his mk9 version with knife melee attacks and upballs mixed with projectiles so more well rounded.

And it's way too early to just assume that a character with a teleport automatically trumps zoning. Until we see frame data we just don't know.
His teleport will be safe. The question is if cancelling a string into MB teleport will leave him at advantage and make him a chip monster. Also have you seen how fast it recovers???best punish will be some chip or a poke on reaction

For some reason he reminds me of deathstroke.
Ah gonna main him anyway because he is a military based keep away character like guile and DS.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Looks interesting. I like grappler, though I was hoping for more suplex and backbreakers.
Will probably still main Kotal or Ferra, but if he is lower tiered I'll use him instead.
bout what i expected from a MK grappler, liberal use of knives and choking. the tackles are interesting though the lack of technique identifies him less as a grappler and more of a brawler just trying to take you down with any means nescassary. its good characterization

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
If i main him, i think i'll use Commando variation cuz his walkspeed is slow and his forward is very fast and long, Cybernetic looks kinda fun but... meh, with that walkspeed and dash i'll choose grappler Kano cuz it reminds me of Makoto.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Am I the only one least impressed by his Cybernetic variation of the three?

I think pounding on his cybernetic heart to power up his attacks sounds like a potentially awesome concept (plus a focus on stabbing motherfuckers is always a plus) so Cutthroat sounds sick to me.

Oh and then there's Commando. Grappler: nuff said. Grappler with parries: more than enough said.

Kano looks so tight. Especially that x-ray and ESPECIALLY that fatality. Potential main but I already sense a character crisis.

cyke_out

Noob
So does anyone have any guesses on his universal move set?

We saw an air ball in cybernetic and commando styles, the cybernetic ball ended in a low sweep while the commando ended in a tackle.

There were upball and straight ball only in cut throat.

And I saw two different knife projectiles in cut throat and commando.

I$AAC

Noob
No character crisis for me, I'm just using Kano and only Kano. I'm using all of his stances of course but I'm partial to Cutthroat stance. Commando should be fun especially if Kano can jail his opponents with blocked ex knives like he could in mk9

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Upballs, horballs, and airballs are back ! But where is the choke with "Bitch" and laugh ? Where are the spits ? WTF is that beard ? I have mixed impressions about this.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He laughs and chokes D'Vorah in the trailer, what are you talking about?

Also the structure of these trailers doesn't include rounds, so we didn't have a chance to see if the post-victory spit is back or not.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So does anyone have any guesses on his universal move set?

We saw an air ball in cybernetic and commando styles, the cybernetic ball ended in a low sweep while the commando ended in a tackle.

There were upball and straight ball only in cut throat.

And I saw two different knife projectiles in cut throat and commando.
The knives he throws on Cybernetics are variation specific. Those knives and his lasers are specific. Those are the same knives he's tossing on the character select screen under his variation, and he wears them on the side as opposed to the bulky knives on his back in the other two variations. I'm guessing they replace the standard bulky knives and have some sort of better properties. Faster startup, better frames on block and hit, land mid instead of high, etc.

As far as the ball goes, it's more of a guess. I'd say that air ball is universal, and you have the option to input the low in Cybernetics, air ball only in cutthroat, and the option to input the tackle in commando. I can't imagine the 2nd hit automatically coming out of every ball. Straight ball might be a cutthroat move only since it's most similar to MK9 Kano and would be his extra move to keep him well rounded and also to make up for no attack option after a ball.

So I'd say his universals are air ball which are ended differently in each variation, and knives, which are different knives in Cybernetics.

NRS put some serious thought into Kano.

Status
Not open for further replies.