What's new

Kabal vs Cyrax

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
d1~net? There is a 17Frame gap on block between the d1 and the net. I'll f4 that d1 every time.

He does need to be safe. The fact that he has to come to kabal gives him a lot of room to make mistakes.
My bad. meant d4~net. A really great cyrax won't make those mistakes. If you try to poke out of his pressure and he reads right ONCE you're nearly dead. JC vs Jax is insanely easy compared to Cyrax vs Kabal and thats commonly considered a 7-3.
I think Tom Brady said something along the lines of "random nets up close are worth the risk every single time". That shit aint false mathematically speaking

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Easy.

Kabal doesn't need Meter to beat Cyrax.
Kabal builds Meter beter than just about anyone in the game.
Kabal plays keepaway with Cyrax better than anyone in the game.
Therefore, Kabal can play the distance game with him better than ANYONE in the game.
None of his attacks can, on reaction, beat EX Nomad Dash pressure reset. None of them.
D1 is 6 frames, but it's negative on block ans susceptible to anything.
D4 into Saw or Ragdoll seems like a good idea, but against a well-timed Kabal...no. Just...no.
how could d4~saw or ragdoll be a bad idea?, what about Ex Ragdoll.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
how could d4~saw or ragdoll be a bad idea?, what about Ex Ragdoll.
If D4-Saw is blocked, the pushback is just enough to keep Cyrax from being able to immediately resume pressure, which gives Kabal back his "how do I get out of this one" options.
D4-Ragdoll doesn't provide enough safety for my comfort. It's not a BAD idea, it just isn't particularly advantageous.
And EX Ragdoll, IMO, is only a good idea if you can afford to burn the bar/if you're at full Meter, and even then, if it's blocked, you just blew a bar for next to no reason :(.

Kabal's ridiculous option set makes nearly everything Robo does a risk.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Why do I even have to throw anything out if I have a life/meter lead? Cyrax can throw nets/bombs all day when I have the lead but that doesn't do anything if I'm being lame as fuck.

You are right, my opinion doesn't matter because I haven't played a lot of Cyrax's.
J360
i Agree kabal vs robo rax is 7-3 at the highest level. Vs human its 6-4 no where near as bad just because of the iagb. I will be honest though, with the exception of a few kabals, this match feels like a 8-2 cyrax to me, all i do is play reo and lulzlou. It doesnt feel bad at all, honorable mention to @FCP/EMP SCAR his kabal is crazy good