What's new

Kabal Oki

I plan on posting a video if needed but I was playing around against Kabal and his wake-ups and found something interesting. Stop me if you know this...

If you do 321 njp combo but end with 32 dash the dash back jump in all of Kabal's wake-ups will miss. I hesitate at saying all but I did it a number of times and the outcomes are as follows.

Kabal dash wiffs and he goes full screen, assuming it isn't canceled.

Overhead hook wiffs and you can land the Jip for full combo.

Ground saws wiff and you get the Jip as well.

These are all the same with the ex versions.

So what if he tech rolls? I will have to test further but it seems dependent on timing or how how Kabal is when you initiate the 32 dash because 90% of the time all moves wiffed ad well. I did occasionally get caught with a dash but I feel its just working out the timing.

If this is known and I managed to miss it...my bad haha.

If its news to you, awesome. If it does nullify all his wake ups then obviously that means you get a free combo or at worst a free blocked Jip once they start blocking.

Just thought, Kabal could cancel out of ex easy and armor through reptiles shit maybe...I'd test but I have nobody to test it with.:(
TEST AWAY THEN BLOW ME UP FOR MISSING SOMETHING OBVIOUS!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I knew about this at the midnight release.
Wtf are you doing posting in my beloved reptile forums!!!???

Why don't you look up more jax resets in the jax for....oh yeah, nobody has posted in there since October.

Yeah I feel like it really helps this match up because you eliminate the threat of getting blown up for pressuring him on wake up. Also once they realize they can dash out of the pressure you simply don't jump and block then punish.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Herpetologist - The Study of The Reptillian
Edited: Just keep in mind they can tech roll then wakeup or stay on the ground instead of waking up as normal. On the plus side if you see them tech roll and wakeup you have time to block because you will have fully landed while they were in roll animation. You can then punish their blocked wakeup attack with a full combo or elbow dash which leads to further setups. Just don't commit to anything too much in this situation and try to base you next move off of what your opponent's actions might be.

If they they lie on the ground you can pick them up with down 3 (after you land from the wiffed jump in punch) and continue into pressure.

Sent from my iPhone.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

I added more to my post on how to deal with the different situations your opponent can put you in.

It's hard trying to post while I'm at my job. Lol

Sent from my iPhone.

XxXAntiJoshXxX

Splat setup is godlike vs everyone. End every combo with a slamdunk and some dashing haha

Oh and hey treadmill I can test this out more and post some video up if you want.

Sent from my iPhone.

Splat setup is godlike vs everyone. End every combo with a slamdunk and some dashing haha

Oh and hey treadmill I can test this out more and post some video up if you want.

Sent from my iPhone.
Feel free man. I plan on doing more tinkering with it as well as messing with rapzillas splat set up.

I added more to my post on how to deal with the different situations your opponent can put you in.

It's hard trying to post while I'm at my job. Lol

Sent from my iPhone.
Haha I understand. I try to catch up on threads during my 10 min. Break.

Whats the splat set up?
Basically negate the last 321 from the 321 njp combo and replace it with another njp so they splat and can't tech roll and are forced to deal with reptiles wake up shenanigans. Rapzilla made a great post about it somewhere.

Lulzlou

Noob
If you are on psn, I'd be down to help out with the match up.

When Kabal has meter you should never pressure him on wake up. That is all Kabal needs meter for so he wont be afraid to blow it on wake up. If anything, make it look like you are going to pressure then bait any of his wake ups. Risky but the reward can be good.

If you are on psn, I'd be down to help out with the match up.

When Kabal has meter you should never pressure him on wake up. That is all Kabal needs meter for so he wont be afraid to blow it on wake up. If anything, make it look like you are going to pressure then bait any of his wake ups. Risky but the reward can be good.
Id love to play but I'm on xbox.

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
Basically negate the last 321 from the 321 njp combo and replace it with another njp so they splat and can't tech roll and are forced to deal with reptiles wake up shenanigans. Rapzilla made a great post about it somewhere.

Ahrite getcha now, I use that but didn't no it stopped them from rolling, I just did it for show.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I used this on Shady mid screen and he delayed his wakeup until I was the other side and EX NDC'd me on wakeup, stuffing my JIP..

Kabal just needs to delay the wakeup to stuff this.