What's new

Just play the game, or leave it alone.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
I love the game, but I'm not gonna pretend this game isn't ass balance wise, and gameplay wise . I agree that the constant complaining is annoying. I say play what ya like, if don't like it don't play it.

Joker8417 How will NRS know whats wrong with their game if we don't tell them? If nobody speaks about it I bet all these problems will be in the next installment. It's still productive.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No can do, cap'n.
It's a matter of personalities. Some people say things as they see it, other people reconcile and keep quiet.
I'm not telling you to speak up either, and you have no right to tell me not to.
Let's just agree to disagree.
I'm not telling you not to voice your opinion, I'm telling you that at this point what good does it do really? I talk about the flaws in this game all the time, just not here.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm not telling you not to voice your opinion, I'm telling you that at this point what good does it do really? I talk about the flaws in this game all the time, just not here.
You need to have a voice to be heard. Everything big started with a small person being loud.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Joker8417 How will NRS know whats wrong with their game if we don't tell them? If nobody speaks about it I bet all these problems will be in the next installment. It's still productive.
Tell me something that they don't already know? The invincibility glitch? It made the front page they better be keeping up. They pay attention, but going on about the flaws of the game after a year and a half even though we know it isn't getting fixed is unnecessary.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
You need to have a voice to be heard. Everything big started with a small person being loud.
Sure and then guess where that gets moved to? The front page, where people voice there opinions and NRS can judge from that what to do. If they fix it, awesome...if not, just drop it. We are too deep into this game for all this complaining is all I'm saying.

Hemlock

Noob
I'm not saying people don't have the right to complain, share issues, offer suggestions, report problems, or even say that they just hate everything about it - I'm just saying that I'm here to balance things out by saying:

MK RULES MY FACE AND I LOVE IT.

why do you even care what people think or say. you like it or you dont i really dont care. At the end of the day mk11 is the most selling NRS game ever. it really doesnt matter what you think.

Palermo9

Ripping spines out since 1992
It's interesting to see that 8 years later, some things never change.
Some things do change: the fraction of people agreeing with the OP is probably way lower for mk11, based on other forum threads. Must be either a generational shift or the new game's lower quality. I'm betting on the former.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I think NRS suckering this community into a money grabbing 2 year cycle has tricked some people into a complaining cycle lmfao

This is my first ever NRS game to play. I don't grind it but I still have fun. I wish I had people to play it with off-line. Netcode is awesome af so it's okay that I don't. I hope they continue to support this game.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Some things do change: the fraction of people agreeing with the OP is probably way lower for mk11, based on other forum threads. Must be either a generational shift or the new game's lower quality. I'm betting on the former.
I think the biggest thing to change is the platform. Way more people have moved over to Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, and Discord.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Bottom line: NRS has never catered to the competitive scene, only provide what they think is best on a silver platter for the first year or two then they bail.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Ha, this thread is such an interesting find. History repeats itself, for sure.

One other thing that's changed is the number of (good, still playable) NRS games available now. Back then it was sorta MK9 or nothing (unless you're really into one of the legacy games). So there was no obvious alternative to complaining about it if you didn't like it.

Now though, take your pick: MK9, MKX, IGAU, Inj2. This is what I don't get: If you're someone who hates MK11 and claims the glory days were in the past, there's no reason you can't uninstall it forever and play what you like instead. And yet there's almost zero discussion about any of these older games happening. There was that MKX revival thread that was cool and on-topic for, like, a day--before it turned into another MK11 rant thread.

What's the point of continuing to complain about a game you hate instead of putting your energy into talking about a game you like...??

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Ha, this thread is such an interesting find. History repeats itself, for sure.

One other thing that's changed is the number of (good, still playable) NRS games available now. Back then it was sorta MK9 or nothing (unless you're really into one of the legacy games). So there was no obvious alternative to complaining about it if you didn't like it.

Now though, take your pick: MK9, MKX, IGAU, Inj2. This is what I don't get: If you're someone who hates MK11 and claims the glory days were in the past, there's no reason you can't uninstall it forever and play what you like instead. And yet there's almost zero discussion about any of these older games happening. There was that MKX revival thread that was cool and on-topic for, like, a day--before it turned into another MK11 rant thread.

What's the point of continuing to complain about a game you hate instead of putting your energy into talking about a game you like...??
AcTuAlLy

MK9's servers are down, you cannot go back and play the game in the same aspect as MK11. There is no, hop on ol mk9 and play sets with randoms. You have to rely on matchmaking through discord/fb/tym/etc oh and it still has delay based netcode, so its pretty asscheeks still. There is discussion happening for these games as well, just in small amounts and not on TYM.

The point of "complaining" is to get the developers who claim to listen to fans, to actually learn from their problems and move on. Things that we complained about in MK9 are still an issue in MK11. If the communication was more personalized/direct to the community, people wouldn't be yelling at clouds in the sky, complaining about whatever issues exist with the current game wherever a comment box exists.

My point being, I do bitch and moan about MK11 but I won't put my passion to MK9 again until it gets a modernized update, with better netcode at the bare minimum.

Shills were shills back then too. The difference here is that MK9 shills kinda had a point though. It was a fun game worth supporting. MK11 shills do not have this point. Whats weird tho is that if people complained about MK9 or Injustice I couldn't give a fuck less, I'd probably agree with them on many points. I wouldn't just deny, deny, deny and I certainly wouldn't get all pissy if they weren't "respectful" about their complaints.

and hope we get something better in the near future.
This is why people complained about aspects of MK9 and MKX. And why people complain about aspects of MK11 now. I'm glad that hasn't changed.