What's new

just got 360.. umk3 noob soon! lol

sushi615

holla!! aim : laossushi
hopefully when my controller is good again i will see ya in XBL. anyone here have a modded 360 and is able to play live with no problems so far? person i got it from a local seller and he said he's been playin for over 2 years without a problem so far. he said they dont check the console itself BUT the Games to see if its copies or no, and since ima download the game from live im sure it should be ok to play live with all of yall.
anywayz im not a real good umk3 player but who cares as long as i get to join all ya. im mainly an mk2 guy so.. all you mk2 players know me. see you all soon.

oBryant

Noob
hopefully when my controller is good again i will see ya in XBL. anyone here have a modded 360 and is able to play live with no problems so far? person i got it from a local seller and he said he's been playin for over 2 years without a problem so far. he said they dont check the console itself BUT the Games to see if its copies or no, and since ima download the game from live im sure it should be ok to play live with all of yall.
anywayz im not a real good umk3 player but who cares as long as i get to join all ya. im mainly an mk2 guy so.. all you mk2 players know me. see you all soon.
yeah man.. hacked xbox's are really risky to get dude.. if it breaks it breaks.. no sending it in.. and yeah they check if your games are copies.. but usually when you download them tey have a stealth patch on em already so you shouldnt worry about that

Best advice for MK2 players going into UMK3 is try not to jump. It's nowhere near as effective as in MK2, and that's what I see alot of MK2 players doing.

yea buddy whats up

anyways all you got to remember in this game is run jab run jab run jab Kombo repeat but when you run jab cancel it with block/run or any other button.

oh yea my 360 is modded 2 it should be fine because umk3 is on the hdd but if you play back ups on it make sure you have the latest firmware update

Best advice for MK2 players going into UMK3 is try not to jump. It's nowhere near as effective as in MK2, and that's what I see alot of MK2 players doing.

I don't know about other players but i hardly ever jump in mk2 because i know how i play and i will counter that shit all day so i expect the other player to do the same unless they are a noob.

I don't know about other players but i hardly ever jump in mk2 because i know how i play and i will counter that shit all day so i expect the other player to do the same unless they are a noob.
That's not the point, I'm saying not to jump as much in UMK3 because it's alot easier to punish. I haven't played alot of MK2 players in UMK3, but the ones I have jump very frequently.

Also, I recommend you work on your run jabs. Run jabs, and Kara jabs are what make UMK3 very competitive. But obviously work on the auto-combos and advance juggles first, and play with players whom are better.

dubson

Noob
It's just as easy to punish jumpers in MKII.

In games without run or dash, players tend to jump alot more. Hence why MKII players tend to jump more when they get into UMK3.

I have also noticed that alot of MKII players that convert to UMK3 tend to uppercut alot, aswell.

dubson

Noob
Not necessarily, as far as aaHP's go, they are a lot harder in MK2.
And as far as damage goes, in UMK3 a jump can mean death. In MK2 it usually means a aaHK or aaRH. (Even DP is like 30%)

Not to mention a distant JP trumps a lot of aaAttacks in mk2.
Ok, so UMK3 has higher damage potential?

What else is new?

It's still just as easy to punish jumpers in MKII.

That's not the point, I'm saying not to jump as much in UMK3 because it's alot easier to punish. I haven't played alot of MK2 players in UMK3, but the ones I have jump very frequently.

Also, I recommend you work on your run jabs. Run jabs, and Kara jabs are what make UMK3 very competitive. But obviously work on the auto-combos and advance juggles first, and play with players whom are better.

I understand your point on the jumping ordeal

and your recommendation is pretty much what i said.
(run jab run jab kombo repeat)

later:cool:

wazz

Noob

yeh jumping is very bad in umk3. i am a mk2 player. i bin playin umk3 on xbl for the past couple days. i do admit i jump like crazy in umk3. if i do jump i get punsihed for it. i need to jump less umk3. jumping in mk2 was for me to start combos in corners (ninjas and johnny cage and mileena) and other shit

I started on UMK3 and went on to MK2 on the kaillera. It was really sad watching me get owned by everyone but im getting better :)