What's new

Just curious what BnBs everyone is using?

Noserfatu: VERY small dash. Timing is simple, you will get it
best not think of it as a dash imo

think of having to input the kiss as this: ->, ->, \/, <- (f f d b) or a half circle back with an extra tap on the forwards before hand. When you digest that into muscle memory its really simple.

Of course since you're buffering the dash on the way down from the NJP you can hit forward more than the bare minimum if you prefer.

I wish we had some exact data on when dashes could be buffered at the first/last possible moment lol

Any tips on landing the kiss after the B21 F2 NJP? the NJP is the easy part.. and i can get the kiss out I'm just never the right difference.. how slight/far is this dash?
It's really barely a step. You can't watch for the timing. You have to know the timing in muscle memory. You input the dash as she's falling from the njp, then before you can even confirm that the dash came out, you input the kiss command. It's hard to figure out, but once you get it, you got it. Then the hard part is doing it consistently.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
jp->114MSb2-> b21f2-> dash 112MS->f1 (standard for pressure because the first MS can be turned into a f1 on block.)

21Kartwheel-> dash b21f2->1-> dash 112MS->f1 (punish with this, it tacks on a couple more %)

EX Kartwheel-> dash b21f2->1-> dash 112MS->f1 (wake up option)

Dive Kick->21Kartwheel-> dash b21f2->1-> dash 112MS->f1

Air to Air punch-> dash 1-> dash 21kartwheel-> dash 112MS-> f1 (VERY useful to get down in practice)
Some people prefer:
Air to Air punch-> dash 1-> dash 1-> dash 1-> dash 1-> dash 112MS-> f1, but I find it harder to do(online)

b21f2-> njp-> dash kiss-> Dive Kick->21Kartwheel->dash 1-> dash 112 (highest damaging, but slow startup frames and very tough to do)

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
I was looking at the xray combos and I didn't see the one I usually use.

jip/divekick 21 cartwheel b21 dash 11 Xray.

I'm sure the damage is somewhere in the low 40s, but idk off the top of my head.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I was looking at the xray combos and I didn't see the one I usually use.

jip/divekick 21 cartwheel b21 dash 11 Xray.

I'm sure the damage is somewhere in the low 40s, but idk off the top of my head.
JIP/Divekick 21 Xray is the way to go, does like 2% less than yours but you have less time for them to break it and scales less. Does 44%, so does DK 2 Xray

Buffalo

Bison of Beat Downs
JIP/Divekick 21 Xray is the way to go, does like 2% less than yours but you have less time for them to break it and scales less. Does 44%, so does DK 2 Xray
I'm gonna mess around with this. I don't usually use her Xray or any meter at all unless I desperately need a breaker, but when I do, I go for as much damage as I can and I've found combos that just completely mutilate the damage on her Xray because of scaling.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Usually if you go for as much damage as you can in an Xray combo you'll end up with roughly the same as you would with a meterless combo into and MS mixup with the chip damage.

Thats why you use it in short combos so that its unbreakable after a certain point but still does the same damage.

Justice

Noob
Grampy have you done dk to x-ray for a clean unbreakable 40% yet?
Inputs gotta be very fast, like pressing dk4(4) fast enough so a 4 won't come out.
Just dk to x-ray. Credit to Boysx3 for letting me know that a while ago.
dk 4 x-ray is neat as well but can be broken out of.
I forget where I got it (it was on TYM tho) but I use DK 2 :x. Just as fast and unblockable but the 2 adds another 4% for 44%. The 2 is buffered so is impossible to hitconfirm for you and your opponent.

[MENTION=7331]Buffalo[/MENTION]: NEVER use Sonya's :x after Kartwheel. The damage scales so bad that you're just throwing meter out the window that could be used for :en Kartwheels.

These are what I'm using... Just picked up sonya a couple days ago, but I had some BnBs I figured out in practice awhile back.

jip B21F2, NJP, step forward (not dash), B21F2, 11~cartwheel, uppercut. 41% midscreen no meter.

Dive kick, 21 cartwheel, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 1, dash 112, MS F1. Think it's 37% plus the 7% from the MS F1.

Dive Kick, 21 cartwheel, dash, B21F2, dash 1, dash 112, MS F1. 38% plus MS / mixup pressure.
I can do the B21F2 NJP dash kiss... but I honestly think it's impossible to link a divekick after that unless you're in the corner, so I just do cartwheel without the dive kick when it's mid screen.

114 cartwheel, dash B21F2, dash 1, dash 112 MS F1.

Corner

jip B21F2 NJP, kiss, divekick, 21 cartwheel, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 112 MS (B2 or F1).
If B2 connects, then you get to juggle again.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Riu48 do you always use "Whatever xx Cartwheel > B21 xx Kiss > F4" as your corner combo?

I was thinking about ways to make that better, so would you try messing with:

"Dive Kick > 2 1 xx Cartwheel > B21 xx Kiss > Dive Kick > 2 1 xx MS 1"

It only just occurred to me that MS1 gives pretty damn good stagger on hit. Less than a F4, but enough to get a free 21 or F22 or whatever.

With the same starter, yours did 36% and this one did 41%.

With a guaranteed 9% chip (F22 or 21 xx MS > F1 xx Cartwheel) it ends up being only 1% less than the normal BnB (B21F2 > 1, 1, 1, 1, 112 xx MS > F1 xx Cartwheel) which is 51% including the 6% guaranteed chip, however it builds 1/6 of a bar of meter, plus the meter of one more Military Stance(which is small, but every bit counts.)

Hope this helps.

Death

Noob
Just wondering. I noticed RIU48 did this to me in a tourny match which i never seen before. In the corner combo after you do kiss. Why do you use F+4 after kiss? What makes it better then just finishing the combo then ending with 112~MS?

The corner BNB i do off a dive kick is Dive kick~21~cartwheel B+21~kiss, B+21F+2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 112~MS

It does 46% ending in a MS. So why F+4 after kiss?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Just wondering. I noticed RIU48 did this to me in a tourny match which i never seen before. In the corner combo after you do kiss. Why do you use F+4 after kiss? What makes it better then just finishing the combo then ending with 112~MS?

The corner BNB i do off a dive kick is Dive kick~21~cartwheel B+21~kiss, B+21F+2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 112~MS

I think it does like 46%
F4 puts them in a long ass stagger. Allows for more mixups I guess.

Wonder_Chef
wait are you saying that 21,ms1 combos? i don't think i ever try 21ms1 before but if it does combo i really can see my self using some 21ms1 in the future but i do not think it will replace the way i use f4 in some of my combos because i only use f4 in specific situations however i should really not say that before i do some math in the practice room lol thanks for the info

Death
i like to use f4 at the end of some of my combos like cartwheel b21,kiss ,f4 when i am looking to build a lot of meter or the round is about to finish to kill my opponent with chip damage and at the same time stop then from building meter by taking damage on hit ;)

EGP Wonder_Chef

Wonder_Chef
wait are you saying that 21,ms1 combos? i don't think i ever try 21ms1 before but if it does combo i really can see my self using some 21ms1 in the future but i do not think it will replace the way i use f4 in some of my combos because i only use f4 in specific situations however i should really not say that before i do some math in the practice room lol thanks for the info
Yes it combos, and I just noticed my listed combo does 41% not 40%.

OmyMk

Noob
I'm sure this isn't new... It's about linking MSF1 to leg grab after a 112 reset.
In closed stance, in corner, MSF1 will link into leg grab.
Combo i use if i don't need a stance flip: dk~21~cw~b21f2~1~112~MSF1~leg grab = 38% + 19%
Combo i use if i need a stance flip: dk~21~cw~MSB2~1~1~1~112~MSF1~leg grab = 36%+19% (MSB2 flips the stance)
Sonya travels much when comboing, so these reach the corner starting from about half screen.
Midscreen, the only way i know of linking MSF1 to leg grab is from a max range MSF1. MS tackle leaves the opponent at perfect range for that, and also scores untecheble knockdown, so i use: dk~21~cw~f22~MStackle => MSF1~leg grab =35%+19% (opponent can jump)
These are risky but rewarding maneuvers, best if used on hit confirm MSF1.