What's new

Question Just bought rain, tips?

BigC

I'm great in my world.
So I just picked up rain today with the PSN deal goin on, and as of now I'm in love. But I see to be having trouble connecting hits after the Super kick. I can't seem to find the precise timing to start attacking. I have hit it a couple times but I'm no where near consistent.
And other than that...what do you guys have for a beginning rain player?

EDIT: I really only want the first question answered. I looked at the guide for the second part.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
i would say read bookburnings guide in the rain forums hes a very solid rain player ;)

C-Sword

Noob
Some of my fav combos

JP, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, Ex super kick, 4, 3, lightning, 4, 3, Ex Water Spray (50%)
4, 3, lightning, 4, 3, super Kick, 4, 3, bubble, uppercut (38%)
B2, 1+2, dash, 1, dash, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, super kick, geyser kick (36%)

If you start your combo with the super kick, you could follow up with 4, 3, water spray

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Some of my fav combos

JP, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, Ex super kick, 4, 3, lightning, 4, 3, Ex Water Spray (50%)
4, 3, lightning, 4, 3, super Kick, 4, 3, bubble, uppercut (38%)
B2, 1+2, dash, 1, dash, 4, 3, bubble, 4, 3, lightning, super kick, geyser kick (36%)

If you start your combo with the super kick, you could follow up with 4, 3, water spray
u should learn the input for his 4,3 lightning uppercut combo its meterless and does nearly the same damage as your 2 meter its one of the easier uppercut combos to do as well
4,3 lightning dash uppercut dash 43 bubble superkick 43b4

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Some of my fav combos

Why would you use a two bars of meter for 50% when you can get 45% meterless.

jip 43 lightning, uppercut, 43 bubble, 43 water gun. Uppercuts are the way to go, practice them get consistent and you'll max out your damage output, which is one of Rain's best qualities.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
if your going to find a bnb, uppercut combos are the way to go, you can get 52% in the corner, and 50% midscreen.

you don't have to learn them right away but start messing with RH cancels, if you really wanna learn Rain, they will be your best friend =D.

I'm friends with you on psn too, so hit me up if you have questions, or wanna play

BigC

I'm great in my world.
Give me a couple hours to get these good combos in, and maybe i'll hit you up for some test matches :)

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Don't worry about anything else right now other than getting your max damage from hit confirming a 43 into Waterbubble - then into Uppercut, 43 Lightning, RH, 4 Geyser.

Then absolutely rape 4 Round house.

if it lands, go into 2 waterbubble, Uppercut, 43 lighting, 4 geyser.

Sorted.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
To the bat-training room! Nah seriously go to the lab and don't come out for a week.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
SaJa
Why not just use jip, 4,3xxLightning, dash, uppercut, dashxx4,3xxBubble, 4,3xxSquirt? It does 45% and it's easier than your geyser version.

Also ending combos with 4,3xxTele is always the right move against any character that wants to zone Rain and any character whose wakeups can be stuffed with a d4xxRH mixup.