What's new

jump in kick combo's?

leek

Noob
So I was in training mode the other day. Decided to see if cage could pull off anything in the late jik combo business.

I found you are able to get nut punch resets from these. The easiest is jump-in kick~full dash 44~nut punch. You can also do jump-in kick~ 1 dash 2 dash 44~nut punch. Getting the timing down is hard as hell, and honestly the first posted (44~nut punch) is the best imo, because you get fairly good damage from it(23%) and is easy execution wise.

Is it worth it to be jumping in the first place? hell no. But it would serve it's purpose maybe once a set and that may be all you need to win. Opinions?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
If its against something like a D4 you're best off with JIK F3nutpunch. The ones you did were against a standing opponent right? Because you can do more while therye standing because theyre launched higher from the ground

leek

Noob
If its against something like a D4 you're best off with JIK F3nutpunch. The ones you did were against a standing opponent right? Because you can do more while therye standing because theyre launched higher from the ground
Yeah off of a standing opponent, not a D4'ing character or anything. Just trying to contribute little bits, as I'm here often but I don't give out much. Was this known about or something?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Yeah off of a standing opponent, not a D4'ing character or anything. Just trying to contribute little bits, as I'm here often but I don't give out much. Was this known about or something?
Its known but not everybody uses it I guess. Just slips under the radar.
I was looking for JK combos with Cage ages ago and then just started finding them for other characters too.

In the corner you can Jk into 2 2 2 2 114 nutpunch I think

JK combos are so good I don't even know why people aren't abusing them. On hit you get a combo, on block you're like at neutral advantage and can get a pressure string and build meter.

Jump kicks have more range than jump punches and do not miss on those annoying crouch pokers. It's a great way to punish D4 spamming but also works wonders vs low projectiles from far distance.

leek

Noob
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

Even if they block the jik it's still easy to keep up pressure since it was so late and they are recovering, you know?

TimTim

Don't Hate
Whoops I was really wrong. Ever since REO mentioned kitanas d1 and mileena's d4 having larger hitboxes I keep thinking they were patched.