What's new

Jump in combos on the female ninjas

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, well I made a post about this a week or so ago but I checked everywhere it seemed to disappeared or perhaps it didn't go thru. At the time my comp/internet was having problems so I wasn't sure if it went thru but anyway...

I was wondering, is it possible to do the jump in combos against the female ninjas? Kitana, Mileena and Jade? I can't seem to get it for some reason yet everyone else in the game no problem. I take it there's something about them that prevents you from doing so?

I like most players out there will take advantage of the jump in combo starter with punch first most of the time, but it just won't work on these three girls.

Is there some kind of trick to them or is it just not possible which is what I think personally since it works on everyone else. It's like the second hit just misses them? :?

Any info on this would be appreciated thanks. :wink:

ded

Elder God
jump punch into knee starter works for most chars, and for those who cant it work in some specific situations (nightwolf vs female ninja near corner for example)

Kazlaz

Noob
i know with u sub when you freeze them and do a sujk into combo it doesnt work

i dont think it does for most cases but this games pretty glitchy you might get lucky

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Some characters can get them in the corner. It has to do with the slight push back and the automatic location of the character on the ground when you do it. I'm sure they noticed this when they made UMK3 and just kept it anyway.

Kazlaz

Noob
Shock said:
Some characters can get them in the corner. It has to do with the slight push back and the automatic location of the character on the ground when you do it. I'm sure they noticed this when they made UMK3 and just kept it anyway.
wouldnt they fix that in the revisions ?

Classic subzero can do a SUJK into his popup against a frozen female ninja, so jump ins are possible with some characters i guess.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is for characters who have trouble with starters vs females:

Liu Kang, Kano and Stryker cannot do punch combos midscreen, but can do kick combos anywhere. In the corner to do their punch combos you have to pause slightly after the jump attack. It's that close to the point where the frames matter inbetween. Since you can get a kick starter that doesn't matter.

Sonya has to connect the jumping attack very close to their axis to punch combo midscreen, but she can always do a kick starter so again it doesn't matter.

Robots and Jax can use kick combos off starters midscreen, but not punch combos, they can do both in the corner.

Nightwolf can't do a combo with a punch or kick off a starter midscreen on females, but he can do both in the corner.

Sub and Kung Lao cannot do either anywhere.

MKF30

Thanks a lot, I was just thinking you know lol I never tried the kick starters with the robots, only the punch in like you said midscreen it's just not possible against the ninja girls, cyrax since he's the only one cyber ninja with a stun long(the net) enough to do it would be the best chance then of the 42% kick starter right?

Since Smoke's spear dies automatically once you jump, the stun is over and Sektor has no stuns at all(free hit moves at all)

I'll try that out next time, as for the corner stuff interesting info. I'm rarely in the corner in those situations so that's nice to know. I'll try that out next time I'm in the corner if I get the opportunity

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Technically...the teleport uppercut is a containment move. That's why noobs love it so much for Robot Smoke, a containment, that sets up another containment, that sets up a cool combo! But I know what you mean, no move that sets up a free ground combo.

Basically, you should just stick to the kick comboi, you're dealing with 30% regardless, or even still, RH instead and set up bomb traps.

MKF30

Yeah, that's pretty much how I play Cyrax anyway or try to. His teleport is almost useless but it has believe it or not lol gotten me out of some jams at times. He has 4 hit combos that do 49-50% damage, or a combo I love personally if I can nail my foe is far bomb, RH, near bomb, JK onto bomb HPx2, JK. It's a rare combo that will be pulled of but the damage is bigtime.

I just mix up the nets, bombs, planting etc with the combos. I agree though RH give Cyrax space to plan his next attack.

Also, I'm sure you know this shock but I've noticed over time that if you plant a bomb with him then teleport the cam shifts and depending on where your opponent is that MAY move him closer to the bomb since I'm on the other side of him, know what I mean? You'll wind up right on the bomb literally(cyrax I mean) almost

I know a rare and most of time useless tactic but it's caught some people off guard here and there lol.

If you time your teleport perfectly against characters like.. Kabal, Jax, Sub Zero, Smoke, any telepuncher, and Kung Lao, you can use that annoying half -a-screen explosion against them. I've never been able to get it off against anyone else but those characters for some reason, but it works charms against run jab-flash Kabals.

Bomb in front of you, run forward, teleport. Even if they jump or run away from the bomb, the screen gets screwy and if they're half a screen distance close to the bomb, get hit anyways. I can get 3 nets and 7 aaHP off that. Sometimes a sweep/JK. Easy 60+% damage combos if you master it in the lag that is XBL.