What's new

jump in attacks into a string

Matix218

Get over here!
Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone else has trouble doing certain jump in attacks into certain strings?

For example, with green lantern when I try ji3 into b13 VERY often I will get ji3 and then just a b3... it is very frustrating.

It is easier with strings that don't start with a directional input (123, 223) but even with those sometimes when I go for say a ji3 into 123 I will just get a ji3 and a standing 2.

I am wondering if anyone else is having similar issues? Or if I just need more practice on the timing of jump in attacks into strings in this game? (Never had any issues with this in mk9 BTW)

Any feedback or help is appreciated!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
you can't chain attacks out of J3, only J1&2. J3's need to be hit confirmed and I'm pretty sure you're at disadvantage if they block

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Jump-ins in this game are night and day compared to MK.
Some people have it great (Raven, Batman), others not so much (Deathstroke, Doomsday.)

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
So is it basically just harder to do strings after a ji3 timing wise?

You are right I noticed ji1 and ji2 are way easier/more mk9 like
If you hit them with J3 they are becomming airborn. J1 and J2 keeps them standing and easy to combo.

Matix218

Get over here!
you can't chain attacks out of J3, only J1&2. J3's need to be hit confirmed and I'm pretty sure you're at disadvantage if they block
Oh well that would be why I am struggling so much. I didn't realize that, I thought ji3 follow up strings worked same as ji1 and ji2

Thanks KT

The Gabriel

Mean Man
jump-in input windows have to be an unforseen glitch, right? they couldn't have designed it like this on purpose??

basically for strings that start with f or b after a jump in, you have to do the input before the jump-in attack even connects. so for j2, f23, you have to input the f2 while you're kicking the guy in the head, LONG BEFORE you even land into a standing state.

Matix218

Get over here!
jump-in input windows have to be an unforseen glitch, right? they couldn't have designed it like this on purpose??

basically for strings that start with f or b after a jump in, you have to do the input before the jump-in attack even connects. so for j2, f23, you have to input the f2 while you're kicking the guy in the head, LONG BEFORE you even land into a standing state.
That's pretty much how mk9's jips worked too though

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I know online that jump ins into combos have been brought up as missing on occasion for folks on the Green Arrow forums. Timing seems stricter online apparently for this. Maybe an input delay exists or something...I'm really not certain.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Practice makes perfect. I sometimes have trouble with certain jump ins. Sometimes you specifically have to jump in with a 1,2, or 3. It isn't always the same input for every string. Idk just some really basic advice is to practice and figure out which jump in will be easy to continue the string.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
With the exception for Captain Marvel. You can do J3 and chain both his DB1 and his DBF1 95% of the time. That's where most of my Cap combo's come in.

Also, awesome avatar.