What's new

Joker Combos / Resets

B13 is the best midscreen ender. It's the same SHKD as in IGAU1 which was way superior to anything else EXCEPT the old flower restand onto teeth and crossup/fake crossup which you couldnt escape at all, but since we don't have flower SHKD remains king. Anything else like sweep seems to be a waste bc it doesnt cover wakeups + J2 is nerfed to shit.
Do the reversals by default autocorrect the crossups after sweep? If so then SHKD is the way to go. You can do 32 far teeth before the J1 B13 in that combo you posted in your own thread earlier, but probably better not to go that route when they have 2 bars to air escape.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Check this out. It's a cross-up AND OH/low HTB. Good luck blocking.

For future reference, because there's 3 years of labbing behind that 90% same-as-IGAU1 gameplay, always set CPU to

Tech roll
Backdash
Fast wakeup
Slow wakeup

in order to determine if it's actually solid. That kind of stuff was day 2 in 2013 and suffered from the same problem, quickrise and quickrise into backdash, which is why you want a hard knockdown with enough adv.

I can't tell if 213 is actually a hard knockdown, i'm a moran. Considering the superhard knockdown effect found by quark and that even if it's just a regular hard knockdown, wouldn't B13 be the go-to ender in the corner for teeth setups?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I can't tell if 213 is actually a hard knockdown, i'm a moran. Considering the superhard knockdown effect found by quark and that even if it's just a regular hard knockdown, wouldn't B13 be the go-to ender in the corner for teeth setups?
213 is a hard knockdown. It used to be the best knockdown ever in IGAU1 but it doesn't work anymore in 2, you replace 213 with B13 in this game.

Wigy

There it is...
If you do b13 early in the corner after a knockdown it does a crossup, with teeth thats a low overhead htb crossup.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
213 is a hard knockdown. It used to be the best knockdown ever in IGAU1 but it doesn't work anymore in 2, you replace 213 with B13 in this game.
213 is not a hard knockdown. It causes a long splat, but they can roll. In the corner, 213 still gives you enough time to throw out some teeth.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
213 is not a hard knockdown. It causes a long splat, but they can roll. In the corner, 213 still gives you enough time to throw out some teeth.
B13 is still better. It has much more advantage than 213 and in setting up unblockables it's not only getting teeth out that's the problem, it's also guaranteeing a F3.

So 213 is the go to ender in the corner for teeth? Or would it be better to find combos with B13 as the ender?
B13.

I'm surprised his damaging teeth combos from igau 1 haven't come up. J2,2,3->MB RLG->B3->D2->FAR TEETH->3,2->FAR TEETH->3,2->CROWBAR 586dmg.

You can do more I'm still working on some but I'm pretty sure we can juggle opponents with 3 teeth mid screen

Also you can land a b3 after his super for insane damage. 70% plus

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm surprised his damaging teeth combos from igau 1 haven't come up. J2,2,3->MB RLG->B3->D2->FAR TEETH->3,2->FAR TEETH->3,2->CROWBAR 586dmg.
Turn competitive mode on.

Also you can land a b3 after his super for insane damage. 70% plus
The post above you.

You can do more I'm still working on some but I'm pretty sure we can juggle opponents with 3 teeth mid screen
Not worth it. You want to do your B13 HKD ender.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Lol I did. I made sure twice. What output do you get when you do this? Did you even try it?

Yeah I missed it until I posted right after
Then do it against batman, different chars have different defense values depending on HP.

Yeah, 515, I do think the first thing I'd try when I got my hands on the game would be the combos I found 4 years ago.

You never want to end anything with crowbar.

The way BnB combos evolved during the past few days is;

Old combos = Crowbar gives no oki

Early BnB = 213 ender is no longer good bc of tech roll and oki susceptible to backdash

New BnB = B13 HKD ender, sets up meaties, MB roll setups and unblockables in the corner, 491 dmg.

Then do it against batman, different chars have different defense values depending on HP.

Yeah, 515, I do think the first thing I'd try when I got my hands on the game would be the combos I found 4 years ago.

You never want to end anything with crowbar.

The way BnB combos evolved during the past few days is;

Old combos = Crowbar gives no oki

Early BnB = 213 ender is no longer good bc of tech roll and oki susceptible to backdash

New BnB = B13 HKD ender, sets up meaties, MB roll setups and unblockables in the corner, 491 dmg.
Ahh okay it was bc of the character. If its in competitive mode why tf wouldn't the stats be level and damage consistent? On darkseid I get 586

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Ahh okay it was bc of the character. If its in competitive mode why tf wouldn't the stats be level and damage consistent? On darkseid I get 586
Stats are different, same reason every 950/1050 hp char gets damage reduction.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah considering jokers neutral is as it is, i would take 300 damage into good oki over 500 into crowbar

Especially with the silly safe wakeups all over the place

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
If you're opponent is actually blocking the F3 OH/low teeth or vice versa resets, you are really plus.

F3 is +8 on block and will jail into 6f D1.
Teeth are +82 on block (!!) and will jail into F3, which then jails into D1. Or you can jail teeth into 212-teeth which is safe. A lot of safe options and mix-ups in the corner.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
@Qwark28 Your midscreen 1-bar combo works in the corner also. Just gotta take a slight step back before doing F3. The rest of the combo is the same :)

And if you mess up keeping them in the corner...

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you're opponent is actually blocking the F3 OH/low teeth or vice versa resets, you are really plus.

F3 is +8 on block and will jail into 6f D1.
Teeth are +82 on block (!!) and will jail into F3, which then jails into D1. Or you can jail teeth into 212-teeth which is safe. A lot of safe options and mix-ups in the corner.
You're +5 if overhead hits first, and +30 bc of teeth ( not 82, thats been a lie since the first game ) - the f3 recovery if teeth hit second. Not too + in general.

F3 jails into d1 but the problem is you have no mixups without teeth and no string other than 212 can get teeth, after which there's yet another mindgame to make them fall into them.