What's new

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
The clown prince of crime needs a combo thread.

- Combos were performed with Competitive mode on and default gear.
- Damage of X to Y means the damage on characters like Batman with the highest base defense (1350 at lvl 20) is X, while the damage on Darkseid (who has 1150 base Defense at lvl 20) is Y.
- 11xxBF2 means I'm canceling 11 into a BF2 special.

Starters
- 11: Starts off an 8-frame High, is Joker's fastest punisher.
- 21: Starts from an 11-frame Mid, best used if 11 has a tendency to whiff on a punish
- F23: Starts from 13-frame Mid, use it if some unsafe moves have pushback that puts you outside 21 range.
- 32: Starts from 16-frame Mid, most damaging starter.
- B1: 9-frame Low, use if you need a low or need to punish something that 21 is too slow for or 11 whiffs on.

Max damage
-
JI2, 32xxBF2 MB, F3, D2xxDB3F (far teeth), 32(first hit)xxDB3F, JI1, JI2, D3 - 503.55
Easier execution
- 11xxBF2 MB, B3, JI1, 32xxBF3: 397.17 to 466.24
- 21xx... - 412.87 to 484.67
- 32xx... - 470.97 to 552.88
-
B1xxDF1 MB, FF, JI1, 32xxBF3: to 373.00

Raw F3 (or B3)
- F3, JI1, 32xxBF3 - to 378.82

Deep JI3
-
JI3, 21xxBF3 - to 318.91

- 113, 32xxBF3 - to 330.95
- F3, JI3, D2, 32xxBF3 - to 432.70
- D2 anti-air, JI3, 21xxBF3 - to 280.05
  • At the opponent's highest point you can replace 21 with 32 for to 318.31

Corner BnBs 1 bar
- 113xxBF2 MB, JI3, 32xxBF3 - to 486.64
  • Make sure you do a jump-in 3 and not a neutral jump 3 (neutral jump 3 being just U3).
@BanTheTesters
@Jack White
@scarsunseen
@The PantyChrist
@luis
@Gilbagz
@Pterodactyl
@Alioune
@Cat
@Qwark28
@Other people who play Joker

Last edited:

DDutchguy

21 and b1 don't combo into bf2. Unless I'm missing something.
What character were you using it the combo on? On Batman both worked and 21xxBF2 worked on Darkseid (on whom B1 did not work however).

myri

Time Warrior
What character were you using it the combo on? On Batman both worked and 21xxBF2 worked on Darkseid (on whom B1 did not work however).
Nope, doesn't work on either of them. I'm testing it right now. AI is set to auto block, 21xxbf2 does not combo on any character. I tried both Batman and Darkseid per you recommendation, no success.

DDutchguy

B1 doesn't combo into rolling pin. Not sure who thought it did.
Nope, doesn't work on either of them. I'm testing it right now. AI is set to auto block, 21xxbf2 does not combo on any character. I tried both Batman and Darkseid per you recommendation, no success.
Well you guys are right about B1, removed them from the post. Myri, 21 consists of two hits. The first hit BF2 does not combo with, the second hit it does.

laudanum09

Darling
j2, 3,2(first hit only)> RLG MB > b3, d2 > far teeth >, j1, far teeth, 32(first hit only) >far teeth, 32(first hit only) crowbar does 500 mid screen.

You have to hit b3 and d2 ASAP. It's very tight.

You can do j2, 32 (first hit), RLG MB > b3, d2 >far teeth> j1, far teeth, f2, 3 >far teeth, 32 (first hit) > crowbar for 489 mid screen. Only 11 dmg less and much more lenient, I'll probably end up using this.

Edit: maybe some variation of this can be tacked on after super for big damage.

DDutchguy

j2, 3,2(first hit only)> RLG MB > b3, d2 > far teeth >, j1, far teeth, 32(first hit only) >far teeth, 32(first hit only) crowbar does 500 mid screen.

You have to hit b3 and d2 ASAP. It's very tight.

You can do j2, 32 (first hit), RLG MB > b3, d2 >far teeth> j1, far teeth, f2, 3 >far teeth, 32 (first hit) > crowbar for 489 mid screen. Only 11 dmg less and much more lenient, I'll probably end up using this.

Edit: maybe some variation of this can be tacked on after super for big damage.
RLG is BF2 right? 32xxBF2 also connects on the second hit, how come your combos only use the first hit?

laudanum09

Darling
Hey. From what I can gather, using the full 32, especially to initiate the combo, pushes them slightly too far away to make the combo work. Either that or it makes it way too tight. It's a really tight string, can't really have any part go wrong. The 32s in the end of the combo with the teeth are just a matter of timing, if you cancel 32 after the third hit they'll already be close to the floor and won't be juggled by the next 32 and teeth. I think 32's final hit whiffs at the end so you can't combo into crowbar. The final 32 is at max distance.

I tested these against Joker, he's pretty small so I'm assuming there could be changes done based on bigger characters.

I personally don't think it's worth it, it's too tight. If you use f2, 3 after D2 xx far teeth, jump 1, far teeth it's a lot easier and more consistent. Like I said only 10 less damage for a much easier combo. 489 is still good for 1 bar.

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Hey. From what I can gather, using the full 32, especially to initiate the combo, pushes them slightly too far away to make the combo work. Either that or it makes it way too tight. It's a really tight string, can't really have any part go wrong. The 32s in the end of the combo with the teeth are just a matter of timing, if you cancel 32 after the third hit they'll already be close to the floor and won't be juggled by the next 32 and teeth. I think 32's final hit whiffs at the end so you can't combo into crowbar. The final 32 is at max distance.

I tested these against Joker, he's pretty small so I'm assuming there could be changes done based on bigger characters.

I personally don't think it's worth it, it's too tight. If you use f2, 3 after D2 xx far teeth, jump 1, far teeth it's a lot easier and more consistent. Like I said only 10 less damage for a much easier combo. 489 is still good for 1 bar.

Got the full thing working. 509 on Deadshot. Seems to be the highest damage.
Aliounes combo still seems superior though, HKD with good damage.

BKV2

BloodRayne for MK1
Idk if its just me but in the corner I can only get one teeth. After the Ji1 the teeth doesnt connect but if i poke after the Ji1 it does. Same thing midscreen too. I have to Ji1 and then poke. please help

laudanum09

Darling
Idk if its just me but in the corner I can only get one teeth. After the Ji1 the teeth doesnt connect but if i poke after the Ji1 it does. Same thing midscreen too. I have to Ji1 and then poke. please help
you hitting B3 > D2 > far teeth as early as possible? You can't take your time with it.

Also shit is obsolete now, Alioune's new combo does only slightly less damage and leaves them right next to you off of sweep for a meaty crossup. It's also alot easier:

32 XX MB Gas> F3> D2 XX far teeth> 32 (firsthit) xx Far teeth > J1 > J2, sweep

As a new injustice player and nrs games i can't even excute any of these 1 meters :(

Any where to start love the batman section cuz they got bnb meterless organized anyway we can get that going?

CG Nino

Noob
Hey guys,

Can we make it a point to choose 1 character to use for optimizing combos? I keep seeing different dmg for combos but vs diff chars so it's hard to tell which is actually optimal or ass until we just fully do all of them vs 1 char so the numbers reflect correctly. Just my thoughts :)

DDutchguy

Hey guys,

Can we make it a point to choose 1 character to use for optimizing combos? I keep seeing different dmg for combos but vs diff chars so it's hard to tell which is actually optimal or ass until we just fully do all of them vs 1 char so the numbers reflect correctly. Just my thoughts :)
I suggest Batman, because he's one of the characters with the highest base defense.

Thanks for the updated post love you all how does a scrub get better with this guy batmans pretty easy this feels so much harder

I can do

32 bf2mb b3 j2 f32 bf3 but thats it

DDutchguy

Thanks for the updated post love you all how does a scrub get better with this guy batmans pretty easy this feels so much harder

I can do

32 bf2mb b3 j2 f32 bf3 but thats it
Joker definitely feels pretty hard compared to other characters. The max damage midscreen combo is insanely difficult. Once I spent like 30 minutes practicing it and I never got even close lol

As for getting better, focus on Joker's strengths as much as you can. His zoning is quite decent, standing 2 is a 9-frame mid which is great for punishing and 21 is +2 on block.