What's new

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle discussion

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Read both. They're both amazing.
Im the one who keeps saying boon needs to take a look at kenshiro for mk10, if he saw kratos and thought he was perfect for MK, he reeeeeally needs to take a look at Kenshiro (and fist of the north star in general). He would fit in perfectly :), and all his hokuto shinken finishers could easily be his fatalities.

RebelzPlague

I like to think I'm good.
Im the one who keeps saying boon needs to take a look at kenshiro for mk10, if he saw kratos and thought he was perfect for MK, he reeeeeally needs to take a look at Kenshiro (and fist of the north star in general). He would fit in perfectly :), and all his hokuto shinken finishers could easily be his fatalities.

That's the best idea I've heard in a long time.

RebelzPlague

Umm...can anyone help me? My copy just came in, and everything seems fine, but the code I got for Kira doesn't seem to be working. I'm inputting it on the japanese psn, but some message keeps popping. I was wondering is any of you guys encountered this too?

EDIT: Scratch that, I got it. I had to make an account for a different asian area, I guess because the imports were bought for china instead of local copies for japan.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm happy that they are now patching the infinites in this game. Being a CyberConnect2 game, I have no doubts it will come to the states. Also throwing this out:

Main: Dio Brando or DIO

Subs:the other dio that isn't my main
Joseph
Jonathan
Kars

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the first three parts

RebelzPlague

I'm happy that they are now patching the infinites in this game. Being a CyberConnect2 game, I have no doubts it will come to the states. Also throwing this out:

Main: Dio Brando or DIO

Subs:the other dio that isn't my main
Joseph
Jonathan
Kars

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the first three parts

I'm pretty 50/50 on the coming to america part since Jojo isn't as popular in america as it is in japan. And there's also the fact of copyright issues with the stand names and stuff like that. But if it does come, I wouldn't mind throwing more money at it. I have my copy right now, and I freaking love this game. It's great, and Dio is really good.

RM Truth

I'm pretty 50/50 on the coming to america part since Jojo isn't as popular in america as it is in japan. And there's also the fact of copyright issues with the stand names and stuff like that. But if it does come, I wouldn't mind throwing more money at it. I have my copy right now, and I freaking love this game. It's great, and Dio is really good.

They change the names to avoid those issues. That's how they got part 3 over here. I think there is enough of a following here to warrant it coming over, and a lot of the top FGC players have said they really like this game.

RebelzPlague

They change the names to avoid those issues. That's how they got part 3 over here. I think there is enough of a following here to warrant it coming over, and a lot of the top FGC players have said they really like this game.

But those stands weren't named after songs, just tarot cards and egyptian gods. Do they really like it over here? That's great. Any chance we'll see this at EVO? That'd be sick.

RM Truth

But those stands weren't named after songs, just tarot cards and egyptian gods. Do they really like it over here? That's great. Any chance we'll see this at EVO? That'd be sick.

I doubt we would see an evo tournament, unless it was maybe a side tournament. Arturo is a big fan of the game, and he is planning on doing weekly streams of it, and some other Capcom players have shown interest, but maybe not on a competitive level. You forgot about Vanilla Ice from part 3. They changed his name to Ice'd for the American release.

Sabin

Elder God
I doubt we would see an evo tournament, unless it was maybe a side tournament. Arturo is a big fan of the game, and he is planning on doing weekly streams of it, and some other Capcom players have shown interest, but maybe not on a competitive level. You forgot about Vanilla Ice from part 3. They changed his name to Ice'd for the American release.
Dunno where you got that from, I've never talked about JoJo ASB. I don't even own the game.

RM Truth

Dunno where you got that from, I've never talked about JoJo ASB. I don't even own the game.

Really? I heard it from a friend, but if that's incorrect. I apologize.

EDIT: You should really check it out. Siliconera says it handles a lot like SFIV but with chains instead of links. It would be cool if we could get this game some rep in America to maybe faciliate an American version.

Yojimzo

One of many Bat-Breakers.
Actually Araki has flat out said in the past that he would rather not release it if they have to change the names, he said as much about the Capcom fighter.
On a side note, anyone feel up to some matches, just did a twenty some match spree in campaign.

RebelzPlague

Actually Araki has flat out said in the past that he would rather not release it if they have to change the names, he said as much about the Capcom fighter.
On a side note, anyone feel up to some matches, just did a twenty some match spree in campaign.

Hell yea, I'd be up for some sets. I haven't played online yet, so I'm curious to see how the net code is. Thing is, I'm busy for the weekend. Monday sound fine?

Yojimzo

Hell yea, I'd be up for some sets. I haven't played online yet, so I'm curious to see how the net code is. Thing is, I'm busy for the weekend. Monday sound fine?
If I remember, then Yeah it should be, assuming nothing comes up.

Yojimzo

Welp, this saddens me, I already unlocked all the campaign items for Joseph it seems, and none of them were a new win pose, not saying the first one's bad, but the model seems... off to me so I wish they'd give me another.

RebelzPlague

So, gentlemen, I assume your copies of the game came in by this time. How are you enjoying the game? I have a few funny stories to contribute, but I would like to hear all your thoughts on it are.

RM Truth

I will be buying my copy on the store in a couple of weeks, so I'll be down to play with anyone then.

Yojimzo

So, gentlemen, I assume your copies of the game came in by this time. How are you enjoying the game? I have a few funny stories to contribute, but I would like to hear all your thoughts on it are.
I'm enjoying it, haven't had very many online matches, due to extreme lag, but even those were very fun. My personal favorite moment thus far was when I used PB's Dio's GHA to get through a Kakyoin's emerald splash.

RM Truth

Now that everyone has probably had a chance to play. Who is everyone maining?