What's new

General/Other - Johnny Cage Johnny Cage Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
so does he do more damage with less health or more damage with a full meter i was having technical difficulties for that part of the stream.
In that particular variation, when Johnny is VERY low on health he deals increased damage. Meter didn't apply to this particular buff.

When his health is in "danger" area, he doesn't do "increased damage" per say....but his specials are auto Ex for free, his throw is different and does more damage, he also has a repetitive punching string that never ends, seems like lol
doesnt he always have the "endless Punch"?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
doesnt he always have the "endless Punch"?
I'd say no. They said pretty specifically "When Cage is in the red all of his Specials are EX for free, he has a new throw *shows throw*, and of course a new combo string" then they went right to that punch string...so it looks like it is only for danger with Fisticuffs

Gamer68

Fujin!
Before Johnny's Official Announcement: "Johnny is going to be in MKX!? NOO!! This is shaping up the be the worst MK roster ever!!! What a waste of a slot!"

After The Cage Family Trailer: "Hmm... He actually looks pretty cool... so does Sonya... Okay, I take back everything I said! MKX Is looking awesome!"

After Today's Story Mode Teaser: "Wow! He looks awesome! He looks better than in any game! I actually want to play as him... I need this game now!"

Ha! I knew everything would be okay, and NetherRealm would make them awesome! People just need to calm down; especially when they haven't seen anything, Lol!

D

Deleted member 35141

I knew if johnny was in this game he would be my main, but holy shit he looks fucking awesome cant wait.
I hope jax gets this treatment too, of improving his design

lmx17

Noob
Before Johnny's Official Announcement: "Johnny is going to be in MKX!? NOO!! This is shaping up the be the worst MK roster ever!!! What a waste of a slot!"

After The Cage Family Trailer: "Hmm... He actually looks pretty cool... so does Sonya... Okay, I take back everything I said! MKX Is looking awesome!"

After Today's Story Mode Teaser: "Wow! He looks awesome! He looks better than in any game! I actually want to play as him... I need this game now!"

Ha! I knew everything would be okay, and NetherRealm would make them awesome! People just need to calm down; especially when they haven't seen anything, Lol!
Or at least play the game first which is most important.

I'd say no. They said pretty specifically "When Cage is in the red all of his Specials are EX for free, he has a new throw *shows throw*, and of course a new combo string" then they went right to that punch string...so it looks like it is only for danger with Fisticuffs
Well, Tyler did tell him to show off general moves since it took too long to damage him to 10%, and THEN he went on and showed off the infinite punch string. And I remember in the kombat tether interview, it said he gained the power up and something called "Flashy Combo". Pretty sure those are the things he gains from Fisticuffs and the red glow effect only gives him a new throw/better damage (EX shadow kick goes full screen and has armor, red glow kick didn't go fullscreen).

Status
Not open for further replies.