What's new

Johnny Cage Jean-Claude Van Damme MK1 Trailer

Cicada 5

Noob
I see Johnny is taking fatality inspirations from Marvel's Kingpin.

Nice reference to Street Fighter.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
MK1 Character Reveal Trailer
Jean-Claude Van Damm Trailer
Playable : Jean-Claude Van Damm (Jonny Cage Skin)
Kameos : Scorpion​

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
All right, all right all right ...... ! But with a couple of "raising an eyebrown" points :

1. Anyway, his voice sounds ..... strange ..... is that the real JCVD voice ? Looks nothing like his real voice .....
  2. Also, it seems that his face was not mocaped and not passed through the photogrammetry process .... more like copied from his movies , I mean, did not look photo realistic enough
So maybe Van Damme contract allow NRS to use his likeness, but, he did not made the motion capture stuff and did not recorded his own voice ? I don't know, looked strange, kinda .... half assed job done, lol !

Sorry for the complaining ..... I love Jean Claude Van Damme, I'm a big fan of his work, especially the old ones, but, I was expecting better from this skin, so .....

wow, that fatality is crazy cool ! way to go with such imaginative and creative stuff, NRS ! :laughing:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Good to see the "real" Jonny Cage : ).... also the fatality and end pose are godlike.

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry
All right, all right all right ...... ! But with a couple of "raising an eyebrown" points :

1. Anyway, his voice sounds ..... strange ..... is that the real JCVD voice ? Looks nothing like his real voice .....
  2. Also, it seems that his face was not mocaped and not passed through the photogrammetry process .... more like copied from his movies , I mean, did not look photo realistic enough
So maybe Van Damme contract allow NRS to use his likeness, but, he did not made the motion capture stuff and did not recorded his own voice ? I don't know, looked strange, kinda .... half assed job done, lol !

Sorry for the complaining ..... I love Jean Claude Van Damme, I'm a big fan of his work, especially the old ones, but, I was expecting better from this skin, so .....

wow, that fatality is crazy cool ! way to go with such imaginative and creative stuff, NRS ! :laughing:
It's his voice but he's 62 now so its definitely more gravel-like then it was when he was younger. Which to me at first was jarring too as he looks like he does in Bloodsport, but voice wise his voice has changed.

molambo

(X ౪ X )
the issue with his face comes for sure from him being old now so they had to deage him +
they use that kinda cartoonish style now which drifts apart from mk11.

megan fox doesnt look like her either so we have the same issue here.
its okayish enough during fights for me and his voice adds to the impresion.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I feel like you if didn't tell me it was JCVD I wouldn't be able to tell
Maybe by the voice

That wasn't a problem for Rambo or Term

Legally distinct, Sports-Blood contestant

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Voice wise I think that is just his voice now. Ed mentioned they used his voice in that Hotones interview and it sounds like what I've heard from him over the last few years.
Not a young man anymore. It was a similar thing with Christopher Lambert in the movie skin Raiden for MK11.

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.
The likeness is very off. It's still cool since it's a full circle kind of thing though.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
for every dummy who thinks jcvd looks "off"

wrong
I guess I'm a dummy because they don't look alike. They look similar in a, "Hey! This is my brother" sort of way. The mouth behavior has some reminiscent motion elements, and the profile view has it's moments but nah. He almost looks more like the actual Johnny cage model with a bigger nose and one that JCVD didn't actually have.

Term, Rambo, and Raiden in 11 all seemed pretty accurate. Not so much this time around. I probably have above average built in facial recognition and it's not typically easy to get me to sign off on a look alike situation