What's new

Jax's buffs

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Buff

-F+3 is an overhead

Nerf

-gotcha grab lost it adv. So no more block stun inf guys.

My thoughts

Well for starters, I was piss that we got a slow ass overhead. then I realize after checking the frame data of Jax and Sub-zero. Both overheads had the same amount of start up. So this makes me think it will act just like sub's overhead. I hope I'm right. I hope it gives us more options.

now about the nerf to the block stun inf, I think it was the right thing to do. They did the same to Radien, so it's fair game. What do you guys think? Discuss!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Here are the rest of the buffs. Also Oni...Jax kind of needs it since his combos game is pretty shitty. Anyways, I think it's save to say we're mid tier now guys. Btw, doesn't Kenshi have a reset too?

Jax
• The armor on Jax's Enhanced Dash Punch (Dash Fist) and X-Ray (Briggs Bash) now starts instantly.
• Added armor to the startup of Jax's Enhanced Elbow (Elite Smash).
• Jax's projectiles (Energy Wave) recover a tiny bit faster.
• Jax’s towards 3 attack (Big Leg) is now an overhead.
• Jax can no longer frame trap someone with his Gotcha Grab.

I came btw.

NRS took away sub/cyrax resets, becouse they were unescapable, and for NRS its a GLITCH. I dont understand why smoke/jax still has the resets ;]

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
NRS took away sub/cyrax resets, becouse they were unescapable, and for NRS its a GLITCH. I dont understand why smoke/jax still has the resets ;]
In a way, Jax bases his entire game around getting the opponent into the corner and landing some of those meaty resets. Without the resets, Jax' corner game becomes significantly less scary, and outside of that he doesn't have much to work with anyway. Removing his resets would be a stupid idea since his aren't exactly game breaking like the others, they have to be earned.

Also it's a possibilty that it was intended for jax to have them.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't understand why Cyrax and Sub players would be salty about Jax keeping his corner reset. Jax can only land this reset on you in the corner and if you let Jax put you in the corner when you don't have meter, you probably deserve to just get hit by the full thing. I haven't seen a Jax player pull it off yet because nobody has to breaker against Jax midscreen if they don't want to.

I don't understand why Cyrax and Sub players would be salty about Jax keeping his corner reset. Jax can only land this reset on you in the corner and if you let Jax put you in the corner when you don't have meter, you probably deserve to just get hit by the full thing. I haven't seen a Jax player pull it off yet because nobody has to breaker against Jax midscreen if they don't want to.
Yeah I feel like that's still going to be a problem for Jax. He has no real "cage" to put people in and people aren't going to breaker dash punches for interrupts. Even a successfully landed ground pound (as if that ever happens) only leads to a pretty pitiful amount of damage compared to many characters' B&Bs, which are much easier to set up.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
You got a point. but we find it best to do parts of the reset to make it happen. It's a lot of fun. I do it as well.

Yeah I feel like that's still going to be a problem for Jax. He has no real "cage" to put people in and people aren't going to breaker dash punches for interrupts. Even a successfully landed ground pound (as if that ever happens) only leads to a pretty pitiful amount of damage compared to many characters' B&Bs, which are much easier to set up.
Well Jax has cage, but it ain't a super strong one. But I'm shock they are ready to call him god tier . Even though he has to burn meter to get a decent combo. how are you god tier with 20% meterless combos and need meter to even crack 30%?

He can't block cancel the dash. I think what the patchnotes is referring to when it says you can block out of cancelling specials now is a fix for a glitch after some special(s) in which you could not block, even after the dash was concluded. Jax still has to wait for the dash to finish and to return to the neutral state in order to block.