What's new

Jax Changes

F4, F3, du4, f2-2 <-second hit is an overhead, b1-2-3 <- slow moving, overhead on second hit, EX projectile,sweep kick...idk what else though.
f4 can be blocked low.
du4 will never hit someone who is paying attention, and f4-du4 is not really a mixup if they always just block the second hit of that string high.
f2-2 hits crouchers on second hit only, leads only to a tiny combo, is punishable with full combo by anyone in the game on whiff, and has no reach.
b1-2-3 also whiffs its first hit on crouchers and takes forever to get to the second hit. They can safely block high, poke you, uppercut, etc.
EX projectile....no
Sweep is mediocre and does not exactly counter crouching.

So that leaves his new f3, hooray!

Also none of these is really the "way in" that I was talking about. The only aggressive thing that Jax can do before he's already inside is vanilla dash guarding, or dash punches. Dash punches will result in you eating uppercuts against anyone who knows the match, which is what I meant by Jax's only ways in being easily countered by crouching.

But now that you summarized all his low hitting moves, I'm starting to think he's crappy versus crouchers up close, too.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
f4 can be blocked low.
du4 will never hit someone who is paying attention, and f4-du4 is not really a mixup if they always just block the second hit of that string high.
f2-2 hits crouchers on second hit only, leads only to a tiny combo, is punishable with full combo by anyone in the game on whiff, and has no reach.
b1-2-3 also whiffs its first hit on crouchers and takes forever to get to the second hit. They can safely block high, poke you, uppercut, etc.
EX projectile....no
Sweep is mediocre and does not exactly counter crouching.

So that leaves his new f3, hooray!

Also none of these is really the "way in" that I was talking about. The only aggressive thing that Jax can do before he's already inside is vanilla dash guarding, or dash punches. Dash punches will result in you eating uppercuts against anyone who knows the match, which is what I meant by Jax's only ways in being easily countered by crouching.

But now that you summarized all his low hitting moves, I'm starting to think he's crappy versus crouchers up close, too.
You know f4 is quick, right? And overhead smash is called overhead smash for a reason.

Jade: Some people say he got buff too much.

f4 is quick, yes. That makes yet another reason why you can just be crouching at all times if Jax somehow puts you on defense. Every overhead he has can be blocked on reaction, plus you ruin his only screen crossing move.

When people start switching to Jax to win tournament finals, I'll believe you that he's too good. I do not see that happening any time soon.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
f4 is quick, yes. That makes yet another reason why you can just be crouching at all times if Jax somehow puts you on defense. Every overhead he has can be blocked on reaction, plus you ruin his only screen crossing move.

When people start switching to Jax to win tournament finals, I'll believe you that he's too good. I do not see that happening any time soon.
Well, that won't exactly happen. It would be me(hopefully), cdjr, Tyrant, and people that have been sticking with Jax. Also, f4 isn't block a lot because it's"WTF you hit me?". Besides if they crouch, I can just d+1 or throw.

That's exactly my point though. More people than just us would be using Jax if he was really that good. People out to win tournaments above all else have no character loyalty, so you can be pretty certain that the highest power characters are represented. Jax is not.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Jax is gonna be super scary now, that's for sure. I wouldn't say too good, though.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
That's exactly my point though. More people than just us would be using Jax if he was really that good. People out to win tournaments above all else have no character loyalty, so you can be pretty certain that the highest power characters are represented. Jax is not.
I'm going to add you on psn. Sicne we're both waiting for the patch. And I got a tourney in two months.

Sweet, I need more good opponents.

I might not impress you since I've only been playing this game about 2 months and it's my first seriously learned MK game, but it would be immensely useful to me if you don't mind winning a lot.

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
I already play against an very good Jax on a regular basis...... these patch changes are scaring the absolute hell out of me. Also I love watching jax armor through an ice clone and a projectile at the same time......maybe not too good.....but I'm going to say this will make him top tier for sure. And he's going to eat all zoning characters for breakfast.......which is mainly what I play.

T_T