What's new

jax and sonya are not so random.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There are some characters who seem to come up more often in random, but I have gotten every character without any noticable pattern. The other night I got Robot Smoke 3 times in a row.

ded

Elder God
i remember reading years ago about mk2 random select, how much % is some character to be picked by random LOL

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
There may be several preset random patterns stored in the game's memory, meaning how the select box moves on the character select screen. Nearly every time you get Jax from P1 side, you see the box move from Sonya to Jax a couple times before it ends up on Jax.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah there are definitely preset patterns, possibly a few different patterns for some characters which would increase the likelihood of you getting them, but ultimately, still it has to pick those patterns.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I tried earlier and got a solid mix of the characters with a couple doubles on Sheeva, and Sonya.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Some days, you get Shang/Mileena almost every time...happened quite a few times in the last month.

XL

Noob
Dang, I must be unlucky. I always get someone like Cyrax or Sektor, and I don't have a good grasp on how to set up their moves well. I can do them, just not effectively.

it's ALWAYS characters I don't usually select. And it will repeat one of those characters numerous times.

So I don't even random select anymore. I pick the characters I'm going to pick simply because they're more suited to my style of play as far as enjoyment and winning combined. Dont' really see a point in changing that up by going random and getting a character i dont even like using.

yeah, jax and sonya never get played so the computer feels sorry for them thats why they get picked every other game.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
I definitely seem to get Shang an inordinate amount of times. It is quite annoying. Still, I like doing random select like 90% of the time... it has forced me to get better with quite a few characters. Although it's annoying when you random onto like Sheeva, and then the other guy goes straight for a top-tier character... at that point I feel like it's almost a "courtesy" to do a random yourself. Oh well, maybe I should stop doing so many ranked matches. :p

Random is really strange sometimes, you get like 5 different characters by 20 fights most of the time.
I swear, one time me and a friend got 4 times in a row Unmasked Sub Zero booth of us!
Thats 8 sub zero,s in a row in a 1:22 chance, which means its like winning in bingo lol...

Spooky

Banned
KillerMiller said:
Random is really strange sometimes, you get like 5 different characters by 20 fights most of the time.
I swear, one time me and a friend got 4 times in a row Unmasked Sub Zero booth of us!
Thats 8 sub zero,s in a row in a 1:22 chance, which means its like winning in bingo lol...
try the lottery xD

similari happened to me

we both did random for a lil bit

and we ended up getting at least 1 of the same fighter

usually mileena or cyrax :|