What's new

Jade - Overrated, Underrated, or Just Meh.

What is Jade?

• Overrated

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Underrated

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Just Meh

Votes: 23 41.1%

• Total voters

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I've been scouring threads over the last couple of weeks and have been interested in seeing the response to Jade. Some people seem to think she is great and slept on, other people think she is trash, and finally some people think she is just meh.

I am curious to see where most of TYM thinks of her at the moment.

Overrated - Players are too stuck on how much physical range she has, but they are ignoring her faults ,not punishing properly, or the character will fall further down the list with time.

Underrated - The character hasn't had someone to really make her shine. She has good string staggers, and isn't being played to an optimal level yet. She has potential to move up tier lists.

Just Meh - Not really sure, she is neither phenominal or Abysmal. She is just right. Mediocre, but not bad.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think that for Cassie, Jade is a really ROUGH MU, but for everyone else who doesn't rely on projectiles for their combos or zoning (both for Cass) or if they have quick buttons, she may be weaker.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I just fail to see anything impressive about her. She's susceptible to flawless block, which is something that will hurt her more and more as players get better. All of her moves with good range have TRASH frame data aside from uppercut and she has nothing good to cancel them into. Her zoning only exists because of glow as her projectile is complete ass, which means anyone with a teleport or zoning tool that bypasses glow just doesn't care. Everyone else can just be patient and slowly advance waiting for an opening or punish opportunity because she's so unthreatening at range and very negative on nearly everything at mid range. Pole Vault is probably a bad special in disguise. She has nothing noteworthy up close.

Overall she doesn't seem to excel at anything but isn't bad enough to hang with D'vorah and the like either since she is a Jack of all trades with no glaring flaws that can be abused.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Low damage
Strings full of gaps
Can be flawless blocked.
Slow ass, highly punishable overhead
trex arms for legs on her low (bad range)

Good zoning (straight, low, air, up air, and fast shadow kick w/side switch) (and ex Air Glaive being plus is dope)
Good Space control (long range normals)
Good anti zoning (glow vs non-tele characters)
Decent staggers

meh Kbs (wish you didn't have to whiff the first hit for one kb (should be on a punish) and that you didn't need two in a row for shadow kick(just like 3 total or something like sub's slide))

I think she's hovering in mid tier.

So overall, meh.

I like playing her though.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Low damage
Strings full of gaps
Can be flawless blocked.
Slow ass, highly punishable overhead
trex arms for legs on her low (bad range)

Good zoning (straight, low, air, up air, and fast shadow kick w/side switch) (and ex Air Glaive being plus is dope)
Good Space control (long range normals)
Good anti zoning (glow vs non-tele characters)
Decent staggers

meh Kbs (wish you didn't have to whiff the first hit for one kb (should be on a punish) and that you didn't need two in a row for shadow kick(just like 3 total or something like sub's slide))

I think she's hovering in mid tier.

So overall, meh.

I like playing her though.
the name of the Wiggle stick brings her up like 2 tiers though

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
I hate to say, because I really enjoy Jade as a character and loved playing her back in MK9, but she feels a little underpowered to me in MK11. I suppose I could get by playing her, but her kit just doesn't really wow me. :(

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Overrated and boring to deal with when people just decide to play her in "hellish spamming mode" ultra dumb runaway at full screen range .... and try to justify they're playing "zoning" , hahahah :p

MK9

Noob
I love how people call it boring cause they can adjust.

How should one play jade, please tell me.

Shall I try to f22 , or bf2, or 124, let me open you up with all that damage off f3.

Before you bash her zoning, play the character and learn wtf you talking about. You can’t go hit fir hit combo fir combo with the cast, she will get dominated.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Jade was my main until the last week or so, but she’s still at the top for me.

Yesterday I fought a really good Jade. She just had an answer for everything I tried to do, and because of her damn pole, I could never get close enough to do anything.

It was amazing. I wish I was that good, haha.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I voted her as "Just Meh" overall. Jade seems to be a polarizing character when it comes to her matchups: when an opponent can't handle her, they REALLY struggle; but when they can handle her, they destroy most of her options. Take Cassie for a good example (as others have mentioned in this thread). Cassie can't zone, her neutral loses to Jade's 90% of the time, and she has no way to safely get in without taking massive risks. On the other end of the spectrum sits Scorpion, but that's a given cause Scorpion gives a big middle finger to everyone's neutral in this game. Aside from Kitana, Shao, and Lao, I don't see many matchups being relatively even. She's definitely a 6-4 / 4-6 type of character.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Jade is a great character, she is often downplayed though, i think she is just as good as Skarlet in some aspects

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
I love Jade but shes average or even below average in comparison to the rest of the cast.

She has no mid screen combos (hitting with OH, GL with that), corner combo is extremely strict to hit (why did they nerf this from beta), almost nonexistent punish damage, her parry is not an instant startup like LK or Skarlet (and switches sides), and her KBs are somewhat difficult . B3434 is a plus string that flawless blockable (becomes jab punishable) but the worst part is that even if it hits, the pushback is too far to have guaranteed followups. Top tiers and extremely popular characters Geras,Jacqui,Scorpion eat her alive. She's not even a hard counter to Cetrion bc vines will beat her glow.

She does excel at zoning (air rang is super annoying) and has good buttons (B2,D4). Shes not amazing especially compared objectively to top tiers.

kcd117

Noob
She is good but not as good as other 20 characters.

If I were to choose, I'd rather have the rest of the cast nerfed to her standard than buffing her.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Interesting results so far. Consensus so far is that she isn't overrated.

Most people think she is underrated, but a lot of people (within 10 votes) think she is MEH.