What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr Jacqui Loops - Ferra/Torr oddity

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hello my fellow F/T players, as well as any other members of our community joining me here today on this topic. @cR Biohazard has discovered some unsettling news, further optimized by my labbing.

To put it simply, he discovered because of our hitbox, we have to hold a particular combo: 1212xxup rocket (run). This combo left Jacqui at +11 and allowed her to continue to loop it until she ran out of stamina.

So the loop normally is...

1212xxd.b.2 (run) 1212xxd.b.2 (run) 1212xxd.b.2 (run)
^ in this loop (shown above), she runs out of stamina about... 5 or 6 reps in.

However, now she can do...

1212xxd.b.2 4xxd.b.2 (run) 1212xxd.b.2 4xxd.b.2 (run) 1212xxd.b.2 4xxd.b.2
^In this loop (shown below) she never runs out of stamina, due in part to the length of the second combo.

As you can see, by the time the second rep is done she has basically regained all of her stamina. If not for my incapable hands, I could've continued the loop indefinitely (or until F/T died).

EDIT: This works always on the AI in training, however a human player can duck after the neutral 4 and sometimes avoid the rocket. Credit to @rev0lver for the correction. Sorry for the confusion.

This brings me to a third point, a bit of an outlier but all the same. Jacqui's standing 4 also disarms us of Ferra if we decide to "take the hit" so to speak.

Thanks to @cR Biohazard for allowing me to do this write-up for him. Thank you all for reading.

NOTE: The first combo works on every single member of the cast. Only the second one does not.

ANOTHER NOTE: Apparently the AI is derp and when its set to be recorded as crouching and blocking instead of set to duck block the rocket will sometimes whiff, though sometimes it doesn't. So nevermind on the infinite, since I guess it isn't always an infinite.

@Ecodus found the original loop though.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
They need to just adjust Ferra/Torr's crouch box so the 4~DB2 can whiff over his head if you crouch block the 4 like it does everyone else. No more nerfing characters to fix one thing.

#NoMoreNerfs

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
They need to just adjust Ferra/Torr's crouch box so the 4~DB2 can whiff over his head if you crouch block the 4 like it does everyone else. No more nerfing characters to fix one thing.

#NoMoreNerfs
Or, and here is a thought.

Make her standing 1 hit high like everyone elses.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
yeah we knew about this lol. but it's not an infinite from what i've been able to tell. because you're pushed further away, you can normally duck the uprocket after the s4 followup. in the corner, either that will happen or the s4 will whiff when ducking. when you set the AI to crouch block they stay standing for some reason, but if you set jacqui to record you can see what i mean.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
yeah we knew about this lol. but it's not an infinite from what i've been able to tell. because you're pushed further away, you can normally duck the uprocket after the s4 followup. in the corner, either that will happen or the s4 will whiff when ducking. when you set the AI to crouch block they stay standing for some reason, but if you set jacqui to record you can see what i mean.
I need a mod to fix the title then, I testing and even when crouch-blocking the up rocket hits me in the shoulder after s.4, but yeah when the AI is recorded as holding down to block it only works like... 75% of the time, maybe? Idk.

Anyways, yeah its not an infinite. Revolver is right, I was mistaken on this part. Or its not always one. Idk.

@Alien Substance Perhaps rename the topic something more flavorful like... Jacqui loops.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Saltshaker, there is a difference between not showing off tech because its not optimal, and purposefully hiding tech.
You scum, stop destroying our community and also by proxy my character :(
lol well I've experienced the bad end of the "nerfs and buffs train" in three consecutive NRS games now. If anything is scumbag it's the treatment of some characters compared to others when patches roll out. Now that I've switched main's due to the same exact reason, the last thing I want is a big nerf to her to compensate one characters enormous head not ducking well enough. In fear I keep silent. In fear of the deadly Nerf Hammer.

He needs to be able to duck after the S4. If he can't then that's definitely something they need to adjust on him, but leave Jacqui alone staff members.

#BuffFerraTorrBox
#NoMoreNerfs
#NoJacquiPlacedYet
#KeepTheDreamAlive

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol well I've experienced the bad end of the "nerfs and buffs train" in three consecutive NRS games now. If anything is scumbag it's the treatment of some characters compared to others when patches roll out. Now that I've switched main's due to the same exact reason, the last thing I want is a big nerf to her to compensate one characters enormous head not ducking well enough. In fear I keep silent. In fear of the deadly Nerf Hammer.

He needs to be able to duck after the S4. If he can't then that's definitely something they need to adjust on him, but leave Jacqui alone staff members.

#BuffFerraTorrBox
#NoMoreNerfs
#NoJacquiPlacedYet
#KeepTheDreamAlive
Its like 50% he can, 50% he can't. I've been running tests since Revolver mentioned the thing, and I've done 2 reps where the rocket missed, 1 rep where the s.4 whiffed entirely for some reason, and then 2 reps where the rocket landed.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
After 1212, we cannot. After 4... eh, sometimes.
if you're directly up close, s4~uprocket will hit. it's the pushback after the uprocket that makes her too far away. i could only find one time out of many many testing attempts where 4~uprocket hit on block after this though if he's crouching. so i'm not sure what causes it. it seems like there's different pushback depending on whether you block the first uprocket standing or crouching, so it probably has something to do with that

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Its like 50% he can, 50% he can't. I've been running tests since Revolver mentioned the thing, and I've done 2 reps where the rocket missed, 1 rep where the s.4 whiffed entirely for some reason, and then 2 reps where the rocket landed.
Yea it's very weird. Not sure if it's a timing or distance thing or what. I've tested it also and it seems like sometimes he has to hold it while other characters can simply block S4 low, duck the rockets, and punish clean.

I think they need to shave some back hairs off Torr so he can do the same lol. There should be cast wide consistency.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
if you're directly up close, s4~uprocket will hit. it's the pushback after the uprocket that makes her too far away. i could only find one time out of many many testing attempts where 4~uprocket hit on block after this though if he's crouching. so i'm not sure what causes it. it seems like there's different pushback depending on whether you block the first uprocket standing or crouching, so it probably has something to do with that
Yea I think you do have to record it with Jacqui, then manually get out with Ferra/Torr. The cpu is too dumb and always stands. No idea why some results are different than others though.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
also, remember to crouch block the s4 and not just the uprocket. if you don't crouch what it's cancelled from, it hits on everybody iirc. that's why b2~uprocket works the way it does.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm testing it by recording the F/T cpu to just crouch block and hold it, which is what gives the different results.
I'm still getting 50% hit, 50% miss, and like 2% s.4 whiffs entirely. I don't even know anymore.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm testing it by recording the F/T cpu to just crouch block and hold it, which is what gives the different results.
I'm still getting 50% hit, 50% miss, and like 2% s.4 whiffs entirely. I don't even know anymore.
also, remember to crouch block the s4 and not just the uprocket. if you don't crouch what it's cancelled from, it hits on everybody iirc. that's why b2~uprocket works the way it does.
do this ^ . i might've accidentally standblocked the s4 which is why it happened to me once. but i can't get any situation where s4~uprocket works if you're just crouchblocking the whole thing