What's new

It's Koming... UMK.com Winter League 2009...

Which Games do you want to see in the Winter 2009 League?(choose as many as you want)

• UMK3 - Xbox Live Arcade

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • UMK3 - Kaillera p2p

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • MK2 - Playstation 3

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • MK2 - Kaillera p2p

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • SF3 3rd Strike - 2dfigher.com

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • SSF2T HD Remix - Xbox Live Arcade

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • SSF2T HD Remix - Playstation 3

• MK vs. DC - Xbox 360

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • MK vs. DC - Playstation 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noob
Registrations will start soon, however, UMK3 is NOT the only game that will be involved.

I will be making a few polls very soon, however, just a sneak peak at the games we're going to have:

UMK3
MK2
SF3 3rd Strike
SSF2T HD Remix(If it's voted on).
MK vs. DC(if it's voted on).

As we saw last season, this is a lot of work for one person, and Dubson and I have talked about it, as well as some other things, and he and I will both be taking a much larger, active role in the Leagues and the season as far as regulating it and running it.

The format will also be changing. Specifics of that will be coming shortly as we're still deciding on the exact layout of signups and divisions.

We recognize that the first season was too long, and definitely didn't keep people interested in continuing playing. We're changing that, and going to keep the seasons at 4-6 weeks maxium with playoffs after the season ending.

Playoff format may change, we may go to top 2, but we're not sure yet, as signups haven't completely been discussed yet.

Lastly, platforms have yet to be finalized, but I think it stands to reason that MK2 will be on PSN and UMK3 will most likely be on Kaillera via p2p.

There's a poll attached to this thread... the top 3(maybe 4) games(not one game on multiple systems) will be in the League. If you have a game for multiple systems and you want to vote for that game, choose only one system.

Noob
I'm actually very surprised that, after quite a bit of complaining about lag and delay on UMK3, we aren't seeing more people vote for UMK3 on p2p Kaillera.

oBryant

Noob
I'm actually very surprised that, after quite a bit of complaining about lag and delay on UMK3, we aren't seeing more people vote for UMK3 on p2p Kaillera.
well not everyone laggs/ has delay/ has frame rate droppings on XBL dude.
worst i ever get is a little lag

Tim Static

Adminerator
I wont be doing the Ultimate Lagfest 3, I mean UMK3 on XBL. I wont be giving matches to away to lag to people who are terrible at this game *cough*lilloco*couch* when the lag is so bad, the block button is useless.

I will be the STHDr on both PS3 & 360, 3s on 2df, and UMK3 on p2p Kaiilera. (I just need help getting it set up:D)

I honestly cant see how a MKvDC league would be possble until the game is actually fixed. Just my opinion.

If it's run better I'll go for it. That is, unless I get consumed by WoW when I start playing tomorrow.
You're going to play WOW?

Why not War?

Mythic > Blizzard

Awesome PvP/RvR vs garbage PvP/RvR

And just to throw a little racism in there 13 million people playing WoW right? What percentage of that is English speaking?

Derek

Noob
People I know are bugging me to get WoW, I haven't done it yet. I was going to go out and buy it today, but I want to think about it a little more and actually play the game, maybe at one of my friend's place. Right now I'm just playing UT3.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you go outside to buy that game then it is the last time that your ass will go outside.

I have sat back and watched WoW consume several MK players over the years.
Sirjabsalot and mikej119 to name a few.
This is exactly why I refuse to even install the damn thing. I wondered where mikej went!

Noob
you can vote for more than one game, and you can play in more than one game.
oh hell yeah,shit that means ill be in 3,hahaha. ill do umk3,mk2 and mk vs dc.

i just wanted to point out that mk2 on PSN seems to be poppin in a huge way and once its finalized that the mk2 psn league would be huge!! "if you build it they will come!!!". plus since 32 players joined the PSN MK2 tournament, i think more in fact will sign up for the league once its created.

@Phil,did you download my mame folders???

i guarentee that the PSN MK2 league would be the biggest. we just had 32 players enter this tournament. http://www.geocities.com/shanegautreau/tournamentbrackets.html

i guarantee all or most of these peeps will join this. mk2 on psn is HUGE, and im sure we all want a league! so my vote is for mk2 because it will be the biggest league out of all of them i think.
How many of those 32 will last through an entire league though?

Trick is finding people who wont bitch out and will ride the thing to the end.There's a definate element of comitment that the majority of people in the tourney's and the last league didn't have.