What's new

It would cost $6,440 to unlock all content in MK11. This is not OK.

Invincibeast

Stay Free
That's insane

Max to unlock everything for those who don't like to grind (the difficulty of the grind is another story entirely) should be $20-$40... MAX.
Really hope they are actually listening to what a majority of people are saying and actually implement real fixes.

Otherwise I don't see this game having a large player base after the first 2 months :(

ItsYaBoi

Noob
It's like ordering a steak and paying full price, but you have to go do dishes for two weeks straight in the kitchen to actually have them cook it.
It's like ordering steak & fries and getting exactly what you ordered on the plate in front of you.

However, if you take a few fries you've got to pay. Despite already paying for them. Either pay or get fucked by Cassie & her assist pals in the Towers of fucking Time until you can barely scrape together enough koins for one measly chest. Ffs.

Oh and btw, I don't blame NRS for this. Not one bit, this is solely WB and I know it is. See: every other game they fucking release and what shit they tried to pull with Shadows of War.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's like ordering steak & fries and getting exactly what you ordered on the plate in front of you.

However, if you take a few fries you've got to pay. Despite already paying for them. Either pay or get fucked by Cassie & her assist pals in the Towers of fucking Time until you can barely scrape together enough koins for one measly chest. Ffs.

Oh and btw, I don't blame NRS for this. Not one bit, this is solely WB and I know it is. See: every other game they fucking release and what shit they tried to pull with Shadows of War.
The fries are locked up in individual tiny boxes. You can receive french fry keys for doing a bunch of work that isn't fun or just pay $5 per fry to open them.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Although I find a lot of MK11's decisions questionable and even openly greedy, this isn't one of them.

Because you're not SUPPOSED to buy the content, you're SUPPOSED to play it to unlock it. Pay-to-unlock is specifically there as an option to make NRS money off of impatient gamers. If you're an impatient gamer who can't be bothered to play the game like the rest of us, you have no sympathy from me.

I wouldn't care if it cost a billion dollars to unlock all the content by direct buy. All I care is if I can unlock it reasonably by playing. Which I certainly couldn't at release, but maybe that's changed -- too soon to say yet.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I wouldn't care if it cost a billion dollars to unlock all the content. All I care is if I can unlock it reasonably by playing. Which I certainly couldn't at release, but maybe that's changed -- too soon to say yet.
Well, that's kinda the point

I got around 760 Time Krystals after 4 hours of play. At this rate, it will take me 3390 hours to unlock every skin. Sure, I could complete specific towers of time to get there faster. But like I explained in my previous post, these are near impossible to complete without rare or better gear and single use consumables, which themselves require more grinding.

NRS could have come right out and said that this is how it works from the very beginning, at the first reveal event they should have made it clear that customizing your characters were going to require an unreasonable amount of time unless you are willing to pay real money.

I was under the impression that you would go in the krypt, unlock gear and costumes, fatalities, brutalities etc. if could get augments for gear to make the towers or time more fun, easier and faster.

Instead it’s go in krypt to spend all of your coins on consumables so that you *might be able to get through the towers, so that you can get a small amount of coins to take back to the krypt and basically unlock more consumables.

If this was going to be the case fine, but they hid this under the guise that is was some really cool secret mind blowing mode. I blame that on NRS.

pure.Wasted

Well, that's kinda the point

I got around 760 Time Krystals after 4 hours of play. At this rate, it will take me 3390 hours to unlock every skin. Sure, I could complete specific towers of time to get there faster. But like I explained in my previous post, these are near impossible to complete without rare or better gear and single use consumables, which themselves require more grinding.
Except you're not really supposed to do it by getting Time Krystals either. You're supposed to unlock items by doing lots and lots of Towers. The Time Krystals are only there to help you unlock the skins you REALLY REALLY need RIGHT NOW. Prioritize, spend wisely.

Wow I want to go back in time and where you bought a disc for some bucks and everything on dosc was there for free or not beyond a grind fest like this one

Sadly that's the new business model of a lot of companies just that MK11 is taking really far... Thanks WB

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Except you're not really supposed to do it by getting Time Krystals either. You're supposed to unlock items by doing lots and lots of Towers. The Time Krystals are only there to help you unlock the skins you REALLY REALLY need RIGHT NOW. Prioritize, spend wisely.
So instead of playing the game (like, fighting or training) I should be grinding in the Towers of Time? It's not like they're a reasonable "side quest", if you want. They are something else!

I don't understand how can anyone that isn't a suit can defend practices like this smh

pure.Wasted

So instead of playing the game (like, fighting or training) I should be grinding in the Towers of Time? It's not like they're a reasonable "side quest", if you want. They are something else!

I don't understand how can anyone that isn't a suit can defend practices like this smh
"So instead of playing MK: Deception (like, fighting or training) I should be grinding the Konquest mode to unlock characters?"

Yes.

Although to be clear, I'm definitely not against a higher Time Krystal drop rate attached to kasual/ranked play. I haven't played any 1v1 yet so I don't know whether the current rate feels reasonable or not. Maybe it needs a bump. Maybe it needs a massive bump. But this is fundamentally different from what OP wrote about. There is no direct relation between how many Time Krystals you get in game, and how much real $$ skins cost to unlock.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Wow I want to go back in time and where you bought a disc for some bucks and everything on dosc was there for free or not beyond a grind fest like this one

Sadly that's the new business model of a lot of companies just that MK11 is taking really far... Thanks WB
I mean it’s all on there... you just have to spend a bazillion hours to get it all.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It does make you wonder though if someone on the NRS team actually did the math as well, both in hours of grind or cash payments. Is this something NRS knew and just decided to go with it, or did they just kind of come up with the costs and rewards at random, and didn't really realize what they were actually doing?