What's new

IT HAS BEGUN! UMK3 officially released on Xbox Live Arcade!

Enigma

Noob
1:42pm EDT EDIT -- IT HAS NOW REALLY BEGUN!

Fantastic news for everyone! The Xbox Live disconnection issue has been resolved and online play for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 has commenced! Have a fantastic time with it, everyone! Since I've been up all night tracking this wacky set of events, I'd be a nice punching bag for anyone that wants a go. Send me a friend request. GT: AnEternalEnigma

Let the Kombat begin.

The following was posted by Larry "Major Nelson" Hyrb, Xbox Live Director of Programming at his blog at 4:05am EDT on 10/21/2006 (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/10/21/Arcade-Ultimate-Mortal-Kombat-3.aspx)

Xbox Live Members can now download ‘Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3’ demo from the Xbox Live Arcade. The full version of the game can be purchased for 800 points.

Here are some game details:

Enter the world of ULTIMATE Mortal Kombat 3 and discover 22 playable characters, classic fatalities, brutalities, friendships and babalities with tons of environments, and multiplayer Kombat Mode as you fight to defeat Shao Kahn!

-- Players can choose from 22 fighters with different abilities. You also have secret methods to allow playing additional fighters.
-- Classic Fatalities, Brutalities, Friendships and Babalities! Finish Him!
-- 2 on 2 kombat mode
-- Tons of environments to fight in including: Scorpion's Lair, Jade's Desert, Kahn's Kave, River Kombat, Noob's Dorfen and more.
-- Each character, has their own good or evil motives and a common goal. THE DESTRUCTION OF SHAO KAHN!
-- A variety of multiplayer modes including the new Challenger Versus Mode which allows you and 3 other friends to battle it out in a "winner-stays-on" style tournament.
-- Detailed Leaderboards: Captures the player's win and losses both for all time and for the current week.
-- Challenger Versus Mode: A new multiplayer mode which allows up to 4 players to play in a "winner-stays-on" style tournament. Statistics are recorded to allow for maximum bragging rights!
-- 12 achievements: The UMK3 achievements offer rewards for both the novice and expert players.

Enigma

Noob
Here are all 12 confirmed achievements for Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for Xbox Live Arcade:

Flawless (11 points)
Complete a Flawless victory against the CPU (1 round).

Fatality (15 points)
Complete a Fatality during an Xbox Live Versus game.

Soother (20 points)
Complete a Babality against the CPU.

My Friend (20 points)
Complete a Friendship during an Xbox Live Versus game.

Combo Number 5 (15 points)
Complete a 5 hit combo against the CPU.

Competitor (12 points)
Win a total of 10 Xbox Live Ranked Versus matches.

Double Time (8 points)
Complete a 2 hit combo against the CPU.

Match Three (10 points)
Reach the third MATCH in any single player tournament.

Match Five (12 points)
Reach the fifth MATCH in any single player tournament.

Century (30 points)
Win a total of 100 Xbox Live Ranked Versus matches

Beat the Noob! (25 points)
Beat the hidden character, Noob Saibot while playing the CPU.

Ultimate (22 points)
Become the champion in any single player tournament.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Thanks for all the information Enigma! I updated the homepage story here with a link to this thread.

I have a few questions. My first one is, can you do Kung Lao's spin infinite in the corner? Is the spin still unlimited? In Rev 1.2 you can get spin, straight up jump kick(or some other hit), spin infinitely but in the updated Wavenet version, this was supposedly limited. If it's been fixed here we might be looking at updated gameplay!

Br0ken

Noob
As far as online play goes I cannot tell you anything because my 1 month gold subscribtion is over and ill have to buy a year plan wich will run about 60$...But my main problem is the buttons....Ive plyd umk3 on kaillera for about 4 years using R2 as the run button,now all of a sudden im being forced to use the left trigger of the 360 pad...it will definelty throw my rushing tactics off bad...and will take alot of getting use to.What I dont understand is why sf2 hyper fightings buttons were settable yet umk3's arent.I know I might sound like a baby about 1 button but it makes a hell of a difference when your playing competitivly and u need each buttons set to your comfortability.

There are no option for settings buttons? :S damm...
got a question, could be lag in umk3 xbla?... if not could be the only way to have a good tournament ( world tournament) or have some matches against EE.UU Versus Venezuela ^_^ if this possible, thanks to midway to think about us ^_^, i have custom sticks on my xbox, hope this work in xbla ^_^

Enigma

Noob
I am really starting to hate playing the same map over and over and over during online play.

Doesn't Midway pay attention to stuff?

If you keep uppercutting them through ceilings, you'll keep replaying the same stages. It's the same for arcade. Don't uppercut if it's that important.

Enigma

Noob
Not true. Whenever you player matches where 4 people are in (2 fighters, 2 spectators), regardless of whether an uppercut takes place, you're always going to be fighting in Scorpion's Lair.

It's further confirmed by the fact that every vs. screen in that 4-player mode never goes higher than "Battle 1". It's always "Battle 1".

Also, when you go through ranked games, every match is played on Scorpion's Lair because it's the first in the cycle.

It's getting very old.

thats kinda messed up. i want to do STAGE FATALITIES :(

also, it says brutalites are in this game? i thought theiy weren't in UMK3 arcade?

maybe if one of you has the time, you could put a video up of the interface and stuff

rulemaster said:
thats kinda messed up. i want to do STAGE FATALITIES :(

also, it says brutalites are in this game? i thought theiy weren't in UMK3 arcade?

maybe if one of you has the time, you could put a video up of the interface and stuff
hell yeah, I guess this is not UMK3, this is something like MKT but with a different choose your fighter screen... ( if is there brutalities off course), could someone confirmed if there will be brutalities or is he said that ( i don´t me the friend rulemaster) i mean the microsoft staff

Br0ken

Noob
the 360 controller is shit.I mess up just about half of my combos and I cant play at all as good as I do on a ps2 pad...

I agree with Br0ken. It was really upsetting in the armageddon premium edition. It's called TRILOGY, it used the exact same controller, so why did they have to change the controls for MAT2 and UMK3? There's no reason to change it. Instead of having both right triggers block and both left triggers run, why not mix it up so you could have it either way like in trilogy?

---

Brutalities are not in UMK3 arcade (This version is supposed to be like arcade)

---

To unlock the hidden characters you have to put in the ultimate kombat kodes at the game over screen

The following buttons control each box (left to right)(with XBLA adjustments):

Player 1: High Kick (Y), Low Punch (A), Block (R trigger), Low Kick (B), High Punch (X)
Player 2: High Kick (Y), Low Punch (A), Block (R trigger), Low Kick (B), High Punch (X)

Mileena 22264-22264

Ermac 12344-44321

Classic Sub 81835-81835

so, there are brutalities or not?, sorry if im not understanding, but that´s why im asking tis... i see that you post the ultimate kombat codes, is so "arcade" that even the lock character is there?... that´s great, but once you put the ultimate mortal kode, you don´t need to put it again right?( memory)

Sorry I wasn't clear. Brutalities are NOT in this game. That thing must be wrong, or the marketers just don't care enough to know.