What's new

Is tomorrow's patch going to include a proper netcode fix?

I'm no delusional optimist, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask -_- (I'm not counting on it meh but still)

*right now online is my only way to get in mk games it sucks : ( *

The 1.02 patch for Xbox that dropped today has improved the online lag for me dramatically. Its still not perfect, but its far better than it was yesterday. And Finally I can play ranked matches without waiting 3-5 mins for an opponent. Since I dont own a PS3, I'm not sure about PSN and what the online lag is like even after the patch so I cant comment on that.

Yeah the earlier patch *of which you 360 guys just received thankfully* improved online somewhat, but there are still many many issues

Sonya Blade

Mission Accomplished
As far as lag is concerned, it seems to have improved. However, I am getting far more desynchronized games than usual.

Warplay

Noob
I was just about to make a thread talking about this, good thing someone responded to this one and put it at the top. I must've sent a tweet to every MK team member on Twitter thanking them for the fixes. People are quick to ask questions and complain to them, I think it'd be appreciated by those who work hard on this game to hear they're getting some results.

Now for my somewhat brief review on the netcode fix. Before the patch, MK was unplayable for me online on the 360(I have both systems and MK for both, but most of my time is spent on the 360). The lag was so bad to the point where I was convinced that it wasn't just the netcode causing the issues. I was getting excessive slow motion type lag and dropped inputs, it was so frustrating. So after calling my company and having them send someone over to check it out, they confirmed that everything was good and my online connections should be fine. I never got excessive lag for any other game, so I just stopped playing MK online and waited patiently for the patch.

Now after the patch, I haven't got one match with loads of lag and my inputs aren't being dropped or delayed. Even packed King of the Hill rooms are running smooth for everyone in the lobby(unless someone has a crap connection). I am finally having a lot of fun with this game online. Just like everyone else, I have been getting a lot of desyncs at the selection screen and while that's a big problem, I'll take it without complaining since I don't have to deal with the previous problems anymore. I trust NetherRealm studios to get their online perfected by time the next character DLC is due out, and when that happens, MK9=GOAT fighting game...of course in my own bias opinion. ;)

JennyCage

t('.'t)
The desyncs/crashes are caused by errors in alternate costumes. If you avoid pressing Start to pick an alternate costume or colour, you should be able to avoid crashing, too. Tell your friends!