3) Mortal Kombat 9
4) King of Fighters 13
5) Soul Calibur 5
6) Virtual Fighter 5
7) Skullgirls
8) Street Fighter X Tekken
9) Dead or Alive 5
10) Tekken Tag 2
11) Persona 4 Arena (my personal most hype game at the moment)
12) Blazblue Continuum Shift 2 Extend
13) Sony All-Star Battle Royale**
14) Tekken X Street Fighter
15) Darkstalker 4*
16) Guilty Gear Accent Core XX (its a new balance thus relevant game now)
17) Injustice

*heavily rumored but starred incase it doesn't come out
** Sony game with Ed Ma and Clockwork on the teams confirms that Sony intends to make the game competitive and sony does sponsor many competitive tournaments/leagues (MLG and EVO) to some extent.

This is just the games in a 2 year span of the genre. Is there such a thing as too many fighting games? I really wished EVO moved to a convention hall and made it more like a convention to accommodate all the scenes and blow it up big but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon. Do you guys sometimes feel overwhelm of how many games there are? Also remember that this isn't including any of the "OG" games.

Personally If i had to choose 9 games for EVO (9 because I want evo to be NOT on july 4 weekend but to have more days to compensate thus more games on their lineup).

1) SF4AE
2) UMvC3
3) TTT2
4) Sony Smash
5) MK9
6) Persona 4 Arena
7) King of Fighters 13
8) Soul Calibur 5
9) Injustice

The reason for my picks are 1) vastly different games thus everybody has somewhere to go at the very least and 2) Games I think have or will have the biggest/strongest scene internationally.

So what about you guys? How do you feel about the whole thing? How do you guys stay competitive/involved in the scene itself?

FuzzySlipperz

IN TRAINING
yup i believe the genre is in danger of being over saturated .....sooo much games to play soo little time to master...also alot of people dont even try to play or even support other games other than the one they are good at...we need more versatile jwongs and chris g 's in the playing field

*looks at Capcom*

yes.
To be fair
capcom: SF4, SFxT, Umvc3, DS4* =4
namco: ttt2, txsf, sc5 =3
ArcSys: GGXX, BBSEX, P4A =3
Atlus: KoF13, P4A =2
NRS: Injustice, MK9 =2

The only thing hurting capcom is its archaic company design with releasing only physical options of upgrades. (Same goes for BB) But otherwise they aren't releasing that many different IPs. But I do agree that capcom needs to slow roll their dev and have better management overall. (their management is ASSSSSS)