What's new

Question Is there anyway to find old forums and videos on Mk9 to see the community back then

Hey, I was watching a video where MkReo, talk about the old mortal kombat community, from the 3dMk, all the way to Mk9. I was very intrigued by the old community, and wanted to find out more but everything from back then has either been shut down or deleted. So i'm asking is there anyway to see the community back then.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Hey, I was watching a video where MkReo, talk about the old mortal kombat community, from the 3dMk, all the way to Mk9. I was very intrigued by the old community, and wanted to find out more but everything from back then has either been shut down or deleted. So i'm asking is there anyway to see the community back then.
Besides using The Wayback Machine: MKO is still around & TYM itself has been around since 2006 but all the OG sites like MKAC, UltimateMK, MKC & MKU (ran by @Gerchap) are all gone now which were the most popular sites back during their own respective time era. There's also TRMK but it was never that popular even though it's been around forever but currently it is flooded with spambots & it isn't very active. There's a lot of the dudes from every era of the Mortal Kombat online community who are still active, you're better off asking them or browsing MKO or TYM than struggling with The Wayback Machine as it can only collect so much.

Last edited:
Yeah i looked at MKO, but a lot of the forums back then has been deleted, and i cant seem to find them anymore.
I guess the only way to find things is TYM. thanks though.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Yeah i looked at MKO, but a lot of the forums back then has been deleted, and i cant seem to find them anymore.
Sorry I wasn't much help but you could always check out TheOnBlastShow which was ran by @jamessmk (Who happens to be the very first professional Mortal Kombat player). There's episodes that are dating back as far as I think 2012? It was huge back in the day & created a lot of hype, dealt with a lot of the drama of the time & had some big name guests.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
you should message @RoboCop he's the new site owner. Unless the old owner purged the database, there is a "chance" (I have no idea if ture) that the old forums have just been hidden and could be re-enabled. I have seen this happen on other large, pre-reddit fan sites like say the Doctor Who or Stargate site.. as purging the database is sometimes more work than just hiding things from view.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
you should message @RoboCop he's the new site owner. Unless the old owner purged the database, there is a "chance" (I have no idea if ture) that the old forums have just been hidden and could be re-enabled. I have seen this happen on other large, pre-reddit fan sites like say the Doctor Who or Stargate site.. as purging the database is sometimes more work than just hiding things from view.
Some of the old discussions are still here, just have to look for it but it does seem a lot of the old discussions are gone but there's still some info/debate from the Midway era:

- MK Klassics

MAN0

DevilApes
Check the MKO forums, all the old mkda, mkd & mka sub forums including the multiplayer scene threads are merged into one (3D kombat klassics).
Start from page 750 and below and try to find mkd's release, since it was the first one to include multiplayer.

Gerchap

Noob
So i'm asking is there anyway to see the community back then.
Talking about the 3D era I’d say 99% of those fellas are gone

I’ve been long gone but around 4 years ago Storms, Dave and I came up with a few podcast episodes talking about old school MK. Here is one

A big amount of the OGs are already in their 40s even 50s and most of us are already retired. If I saw this was because I got a notification from @Revy

Those were the days from MKO in 2005 all the way to MKU.

Hope you’re doing well Revy, I’d assume you have my number. Say hi to your boy from time to time.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
Hope you’re doing well Revy, I’d assume you have my number. Say hi to your boy from time to time.
I'm meh but I'm around & I don't actually. A lot of us just have Discord (it's an app for phone & PC). I still talk to some of other MKU staff mostly GhosT & Nemmy/Angelz/Komatose who I talk to on a daily basis, xSMoKEx from time-to-time on Twitter & recently @_xFriction on here.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Besides using The Wayback Machine: MKO is still around & TYM itself has been around since 2006 but all the OG sites like MKAC, UltimateMK, MKC & MKU (ran by @Gerchap) are all gone now which were the most popular sites back during their own respective time era. There's also TRMK but it was never that popular even though it's been around forever but currently it is flooded with spambots & it isn't very active. There's a lot of the dudes from every era of the Mortal Kombat online community who are still active, you're better off asking them or browsing MKO or TYM than struggling with The Wayback Machine as it can only collect so much.
UltimateMK, CMK, and I believe one other one merged with TYM. Some of the threads from those sites are still on TYM. Unfortunately some of them somehow got permanently deleted, like the mega UMK3 ggs thread that was back from 2006. That thread was so good and had a lot of drama and funny posts.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
As far as MK9 goes, TYM was the place to be from what I remember. All the pros used to post here and update the character forums with the tech and how to play the characters, they would beef here as well. The Rivalries of the different regions were so fun when members met in tournaments.

I'm glad to have joined the MK FGC during the MK9 days, they were indeed the shit.

Don't know if TYM still has old threads and stuff tho. Never really looked lmao