What's new

Question - Hellfire Is there any use for EX spear MB?

Matix218

Get over here!
Yes, I realize that EX spear MB leads to an awesome looking brutality which is all well and good but from a practical standpoint (other than the brutality) is there any reason that this move is even in the game? Has anyone found a situation where this has value given the insanely high resource cost? I was thinking maybe for unbreakable damage you could end in EX spear MB and then kill with EX hellfire but that literally requires the same resource cost as x ray which is also unbreakable. Does anyone have any input? Or is this just an essentially useless move in the practical sense?

@JTB123 @Slips @Scoot Magee @YOMI RM JagoBlake @STRYKIE @all of the other scorpion players

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
For the most part I think it only exists for the brutality but it does give you a second restand or third in hellfire which can be useful depending on the situation.

I think it's a lot like EX Flame Aura in that it should only be used when not using it won't kill the opponent.

I am hoping they give the move something though, I think @Eddy Wang suggested giving it a damage over time property which I think would be a nice bonus.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
It's -5 my friend, you risk nothing and if it hits you combo.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hellish spear (That's how i call the MB ex spear) is a good move, but it also scales your combos if you do them, the only situation to use a Hellish spear is when you have already used a spear before and you need that restand for an aditional chip damage, but be aware that the damage you inflict after will scale in the combos.

tick Damage overtime letting them in burn would make the move useful though.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
In ninjutsu you couuld use it after f4 ex spear of b3 ex spear (essentially it costs only 1 extra bar since ex spear was used for safety reasons) so you can get a full combo into restand with regular spear, and go for grab or whatever to get the kill
As stated this is usually worth doing only at the end of rounds imo and only with ninjutsu, hf and inferno it will just be waste of bar

If you can do the ex teleport cancel option select you won't need to burn that extra meter. But ya, if your opponent is almost dead it is worth knowing just in case you need that extra 2-3% damage.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I literally only ever use it for the brutal and that's it.

I always think of what I lose by spending that bar, that extra tiny little piece of damage is a MB teleport or guaranteed ground fire you now can't use.

Never seems worth it, I haven't encountered a single situation using the MB spear MB is useful.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Don't really find much use for it besides maybe causing a restand, To make it more useful I think NRS should make it have much more of a hit advantage if it is to have much more use