What's new

Is the MK stick or regular better for MK

Hello, I would like to know which layout is best for playing MK9, the classic MK stick from gamestop or one like the qanba q4, also, I'm referring to the buttons.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Hello, I would like to know which layout is best for playing MK9, the classic MK stick from gamestop or one like the qanba q4, also, I'm referring to the buttons.
Im sure this is not the anwser you hoped for, but the truth is, it really comes down to preference. MK9 plays equally well on pad,MK layout stick and street fighter layout stick. However in terms of popularity I would say Pad wins, followed by SF layout stick and lastly MK layout stick.

If you look at the Top 8 from Seasons Beatings it pretty much sums it up:

CD Jr: SF layout stick
REO: SF layout hitbox.
Maxter: PS3 pad
Erik Warda: SF layout stick
Chris G: PS3 pad
M2Dave: PS3 pad
THTB: PS3 pad
Tom Brady: PS3 pad.

McNasty

Moist.
Ive had my stick layed out in both and honestly the SF layout is just easier. MK layout sticks are like unicorns in the real world. They are cool in their own nostalgic way but when it comes down to business if you ever had a problem with it what do you do? happened to me at a local tourney and ended up just staying with the SF layout.

Im sure this is not the anwser you hoped for, but the truth is, it really comes down to preference. MK9 plays equally well on pad,MK layout stick and street fighter layout stick. However in terms of popularity I would say Pad wins, followed by SF layout stick and lastly MK layout stick.

If you look at the Top 8 from Seasons Beatings it pretty much sums it up:

CD Jr: SF layout stick

REO: SF layout hitbox.
Maxter: PS3 pad
Erik Warda: SF layout stick
Chris G: PS3 pad
M2Dave: PS3 pad
THTB: PS3 pad
Tom Brady: PS3 pad.
This is exactly the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot =]

aj1701

Noob
MK layout is the best for MK! :-P
I love playing with the MK layout I wouldn't have it any other way!

Ive had my stick layed out in both and honestly the SF layout is just easier. MK layout sticks are like unicorns in the real world. They are cool in their own nostalgic way but when it comes down to business if you ever had a problem with it what do you do? happened to me at a local tourney and ended up just staying with the SF layout.
What problem is there to have with the layout? You mean your stick breaks and everyone elses is SF layout?

AC1984

Kaballin!
I don't see any reason to exclude the Mk layout for Mk or even make it the less efficient and stuff. Choosing a stick is more about what you like rather than whats the best....they all produce great result once you get used to them. I play classic layout and parts all the way and I cant get happier than that....Some parts are more challenging and have higher learning curve but thats easy to overcome with practice.