What's new

Is something wrong with REO?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
As some of you remember, around the time of Winter Brawl this year, rumors floated around the Mortal Kombat community that REO was dead. No one had seen or heard from him, including our fellow players in the New York scene. Thankfully, REO reappeared about a month later. There wasn't anything actually wrong. He had just taken a break and spent some time playtesting Injustice. Since then he has stayed active, finding success in both Mortal Kombat and Injustice competitions.

Recently I've begun thinking this isn't the case.

I began getting a weird vibe from REO ever since vVv let him go, and EMP The God Triforce stepped into our scene. He took a group of New York players, including REO, and added them to his brand. I hadn't really seen REO much around that point, but I was worried about this deal. He could still be successful on his own. REO was known as the best Mileena player in MK9, and always worked to rep his character, unlike the Injustice era. Before he found CD Jr at CEO, he was a great, upstanding player with a good future in fighting games.

vVv stepped away and Triforce stepped in around the time of MLG Anaheim's arena event. While there, a bunch of us went over to Pig's hotel room to play casuals. We expected the same sort of hotel shenanigans when REO said "I play Noob Saibot now bro" and made 16bit cry after beating him 10-0. I was impressed but it was REO, so I wasn't surprised. I left the room to get something from the vending machine and REO followed me.

"Your Noob Saibot is sick, did you play Carl with him yet?"

"Yeah"

"How'd that go?"

"Get babied bro"

"Haha so you babied him?"

"Get babied bro"

"Ok. Well do you want something to drink?"

"Huehuehue. Get babied bro"

I didn't know what was happening. REO walked into the stairwell and disappeared for the rest of the night. From that point on REO went on a roll, racking up wins at MLG Raleigh, MLG Dallas, and Northeast Championship. But suddenly, he disappeared. None of us knew where he was. He wasn't just missing tournaments, he was missing local meetups and other events. Some people rumored that he was dead, or m2dave captured him for his sex slave ring. But all was well when he returned. Was it just Triforce trying to scheme something? Who knows.

I assumed everything was fine. I first saw REO again at East Coast Throwdown, one of the first Injustice tournaments we had. The first night of the tournament, REO and I decided to go downstairs to find people to play. We left the room and I saw something fall out of his wallet as he held it. He didn't notice, so I picked up his drivers license and yelled out his name. As I handed it back to him, I noticed something strikingly different. The first name on the card said Ecila.

He noticed this too. He stared at me before his mouth turned into a wide grin. I casually backed away, trying to find a way out. He didn't follow me, but as I turned around further down the hallway, he was still there, staring with the same, inhumanely wide grin.

To this day I see something different whenever I see him. I cannot say what happened to the real REO, but this one isn't him. Be careful.

"Fuck da world" - EMP REO

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Since I picked up MMH things have been different for me, too. When I look in the mirror for a long time, I see tiny hairline fissures begin to form on my face. I woke up with my hands around my own throat two weeks ago. Sometimes I get naked and stand on Mars.