What's new

Is NRS patching a little TOO much?

title explains it all really, do you think NRS is patching the game too much or are they doing it rather balanced? For me it's a split decision i'm glad that NRS is listening to the community and fixing things that make the game repetitive ( Kung Lao destroying in the beginning for example) but on the other hand it seems like they are ignoring major issues and problems that the community wants fixed and change small pointless things ( just an example but lets face it cyrax has been broken from the start but with people bitching about kung lao instead they fixed one problem and totally ignored another)

I know alot of fixes are coming after evo which is supposed to balance things out again but so far every patch has ended up causing bigger problems than what the fixed in the first place.

hardwire

Noob
we havent seen a balence patch in a while they did what they said they would do

they patched it and said lets see what comes

now they are doing a real patch after seeing plenty of higher level competative play.

so no i dont think they are patching to much

when the game first came out yes they were but not now.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
We have seen an influx of balance patch discussion. Not of actual patches, I guess the former can lead to an impression of the latter.

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
How long has the forceball glitch and a million other less infamous gameplay glitches been known?

How long has online been...online?

Character skins still not matching all the properties of the supposed base character?

You should maybe specify if you're only referring to character balance tweaks, because I don't see nearly enough patching in general for this game.

DIRTY

Noob
How long has the forceball glitch and a million other less infamous gameplay glitches been known?

How long has online been...online?

Character skins still not matching all the properties of the supposed base character?

You should maybe specify if you're only referring to character balance tweaks, because I don't see nearly enough patching in general for this game.
o_SKUMBAG_o DIRTY
@
@pakostevens Hey Paulo, Any changes to Reptile in the upcoming balancing patch? Thanks in advance.

pakostevens Paulo Garcia
@
@o_SKUMBAG_o just the invisible blocked enh'd orb in the center of the arena bug fixed

NRS, is doing a great job fixing gamebreaking glitches, Once brought to their attention.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
NRS needs to read the Goldilocks and the Three Bears story and get that "not too hot, not too cold, but just right" shit going on asap. MKDC was too cold, MK9 is too hot... drop some ice cubes in there and cool it down.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
We're to believe that this eluded their "attention" literally for months?
They knew about the reptile bullshit since before the game launched, the problem is they could never replicate it and figure out what caused it, someone finally figured how it works about a month ago, so now they can actually fix it.

Edit, also they did fix cyrax when they fixed KL, more resets just popped up afterwords.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
As a non competitive player I love constant patches. I can see how people don't like them too frequently as they change so much and means readapting to things but for me it keeps the game fresh. Its fun when a weak character gets a buff and it gives them game that much more life for me.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The thing im really pissed at is what they patch

They wont allow kano a combo break, but theyll consider giving sub a buff because of a bad matchup?