What's new

Is Injustice's "Round" System Flawed?

finally a decent post, DAVE, you know the round system kills the hype too, so When the character away at the first round of life, it is easy to know you're going to lose, I doubt much in igau there will be some comebacks

Vagrant

Noob
Dave, I think you bring up a valid point here.
(Everyone let that sink in for a second)

I just don't view it as a flaw I view it as something that sets IGAU apart from other fighters and I like the round system. I take it into account when I play and know towards the end of my first life bar that I can afford to be risky. Everyone can.

This system favors big risk big payoff setups. Obviously the risk is significantly reduced but the payoff is still just as big.

Sure it will benefit some characters more than others but welcome to fighting games, different character designs benefit from different circumstance. Everyone can plan for this circumstance to the best of their characters ability.

Let Injustice breathe and be its own game with its own round rules. Plus, it feels fucking awesome making a comeback win when you are on red bar and they are still on their grey bar.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
Oh look! It's the absolutely flawless, takes into consideration every variable in a match "if you don't like it don't get put in that position" argument! Guess there's nothing else to see here. Close the thread

M2Dave

Zoning Master
finally a decent post, DAVE, you know the round system kills the hype too, so When the character away at the first round of life, it is easy to know you're going to lose, I doubt much in igau there will be some comebacks
Well-said. I agree.

I'm thoroughly impressed that you find something new to write a 10 paragraph rant about every week.
The next week's thread may be "Why Martian Manhunter is a coward's character", but I fear immediate closure.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
I actually hate the round system in this game. It was one of my biggest turn offs to injustice as a game. I think it makes comebacks almost impossible for some characters and removes my favorite part of rounds which is getting the clean slate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
The next week's thread may be "Why Martian Manhunter is a coward's character", but I fear immediate closure.
Well it took them like 5 minutes to close PLs thread. So you'll probably get like 20 posts. I feel the effort may be worth it. Though I find that one hard to empathize with because of the fact that Doomsday blows up Martian so free.

BlastX21

Noob

No, people make comebacks in Injustice all the time. I've seen plenty of tourney matches where someone will win the first bar with 80% health, and only end up winning by 25% or so. In spite of the advantage you have by blowing someone up early, there are other mechanisms in place that allow for comeback potential, namely, the fact that you gain a lot of meter by getting hit.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I like this round system a lot. The flaw in the logic for the OP (@General M2Dave) seems to me that you're conveniently forgetting that the "free breaker" of losing your first life bar applies to both characters. The "loser" of the first round still got a round break(er) that ended a combo in their favor and maybe put them in a better position physically and gave them a break mentally. I like the discussion though.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
No I don't think it's flawed. At the very least there isn't a dumb universal comeback mechanic in this game unlike AE or Mahvel.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Oh look! It's the absolutely flawless, takes into consideration every variable in a match "if you don't like it don't get put in that position" argument! Guess there's nothing else to see here. Close the thread
I am not surprised that a Cyrax player completely missed the point of this thread.

I suspect that Flash players are also thinking "Comebacks? We make 'em all the time".

I think the system favors 50/50 mix up / vortex characters because they are the ones that still have the best chance at making a comeback.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Maybe they could have made it so Clashes recover more life/inflict less damage if one of the players is still on the first life bar.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Street Fighter's new Ultra system. Here's a free 33-50% life bar setup solely because you're getting your ass kicked.
Marvel's Xfactor system. Here, now you can regen life and hit like a truck because you lost your other 2 characters.

If you're taking damage because you guessed wrong, you fucked up. This is universal. It doesn't matter if you lose due to 1 mistake in Marvel or 2-3 in Street Fighter, you lost not because of what they did, but because of what you didn't. So yes, being hit = bad play.

You make it sound like these mechanics are overpowered. XFactor is available to both players so it evens out the game, and most ultras are only good when comboed into, and the damage really equates to maybe 2 combos. If it weren't for comeback mechanics being hit would also usually mean u lose in those games. Everybody is human and everybody makes mistakes. If you screw something up on your job does that mean you should be fired then and there? There needs to be leniency in fighting games. It makes playing the game more fun because you don't feel like ur fucked for making a wrong guess, and it makes watching it more fun because everybody loves a real master comeback.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
I am not surprised that a Cyrax player completely missed the point of this thread.

I suspect that Flash players are also thinking "Comebacks? We make 'em all the time".

I think the system favors 50/50 mix up / vortex characters because they are the ones that still have the best chance at making a comeback.

You profiling bastard. That was directed at the people saying the round system ISN'T flawed by using the argument "it's your fault for getting put in that situation." Did you even read what I wrote? lol

And what does Cyrax have to do with IGAU. You so silly :D

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Injustice needs x-factor
It is funny that you mention that because some characters' traits are X-Factor.

- Grundy's unscaled reset damage (best comeback factor in the game.)
- Killer Frost (I know it is mostly impractical, so relax)
- Shazam (see above)
- Superman (still over 50% in the corner)
- The Flash (55%+ wall carry + 50/50 mix ups afterward. I like his the best.)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It is funny that you mention that because some characters' traits are X-Factor.

- Grundy's unscaled reset damage (best comeback factor in the game.)
- Killer Frost (I know it is mostly impractical, so relax)
- Shazam (see above)
- Superman (still over 50% in the corner)
- The Flash (55%+ wall carry + 50/50 mix ups afterward. I like his the best.)
You forget Bane, who has huge damage and gets close to Grundy damage with level 3. (Highest right now with no BGB is 74%)