What's new

Question Is B3 hit confirmable into D1, lift?

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I've been too busy at work to actually try this in a match, but is it? It sure seems like it. -6 on block, though.

zaf

professor
No this is a combo, i have done it before in matches.

After the B3, you need to time the d1 to land the same way that you would for a double jump kick combo / cross over.
Once they are just above ermac's head you can land the d1 into lift.

There is really no use for this other then how cool it looks.
The scaling on the combo is horrible, and to be able to land just a b3 on its own isn't the easiest thing to do.

Full combo would be :

B3 (1 sec pause) D1~TKS JK~tele dash 2~tkp.

I can test tomorrow to find the highest possible combo with this but this is what i know does work. I normally just use 2~tkp as the gravity comes into effect. But i think that 22~tkp is very possible.

zaf

professor
Any character can d1/d2 ermac after the b3 and avoid being hit by the 4. Just be aware of this and don't over use b34
B34 is not the greatest string, it has it's uses but not for direct pressure.
It is good when your opponent is waking up, as it seems to beat out normals/specials sometimes.

This is what i am talking about.
Look at what you can do after a u4.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/ermacs-combo-after-overhead.17492/

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Any character can d1/d2 ermac after the b3 and avoid being hit by the 4. Just be aware of this and don't over use b34
B34 is not the greatest string, it has it's uses but not for direct pressure.
It is good when your opponent is waking up, as it seems to beat out normals/specials sometimes.
That's why I only throw it out every now again to keep them guessing.

Also, just for the record, B1 into throw gets EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. Ermac is oddly enough one of the best grapplers in the game.

zaf

professor
That's why I only throw it out every now again to keep them guessing.
Also, just for the record, B1 into throw gets EVERYONE ALL THE TIME. Ermac is oddly enough one of the best grapplers in the game.
No it does not work everytime. It is really good to use and to open with when you get a JIP, but don'r over use this.
When you play people who catch on and adapt, you can expect them to tech the throw or poke/jump out after the b1.
You can see this in my videos vs KT Smith. I did this to him and he caught on.

What you do when someone catches on to b1~grab is, do the full string b114.
People will try to get out, or get ready to tech the throw and get hit by the full string and eat 45-53%

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
No it does not work everytime. It is really good to use and to open with when you get a JIP, but don'r over use this.
When you play people who catch on and adapt, you can expect them to tech the throw or poke/jump out after the b1.
You can see this in my videos vs KT Smith. I did this to him and he caught on.

What you do when someone catches on to b1~grab is, do the full string b114.
People will try to get out, or get ready to tech the throw and get hit by the full string and eat 45-53%
I didn't mean literally all the time, I was just exaggerating Ermac's main strategy as a grappler up close. I think most of my damage with Ermac comes from grabs.

Also, I've been experimenting with canceling strings into levitate for air blast/teleport/slam mix ups, but I haven't had a chance to try any of it in an actual match yet.