What's new

Invisability underused or unusable?

So as it seems nobody has any love for Reptile's invisability moves and it just seems like there really isn't any benefit to using them but... I've been toying around with his invisability and find that both the basic and enchanced versions make reptile and huge pain in the ass to fight. As we all know reptiles NJP combos online are damn near impossible to pull off after the elbow dash but this is where invisability comes in. using his en: invisability gives you a damage boost which makes his JIP 32 en: ffb NJP 32 sfb 321 slide combo insanely stronger. Now yes i understand that there are better uses for 2 meter but for online i feel this is the best possible usage as for offline though it's a bit different. for offline you won't need the damage boost from the en: version but with the factor of becoming totally invisible ends up being a massive advantage against an un prepared opponent. Many people are going to think that fighting invisable would hurt you but with alot of Reptile's combos they are mostly just muscle memory that doesn't you to require to be able to see Reptile. even simple things like a sweep or uppercut becme much more effective as the opponent will be completely unprepared against either move. i've only begun to start toying around with invisability and will continue to post any and all discorveries on uses.

Feel free to post if you think the move isnt worth bothering with or if you have found anything you would like to contribute

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Honestly I use these moves a LOT. Once you get closer to the end of the stage, ending your BnB with a slow or EN slow forceball doesn't give you any added pressure, so instead I like to mix in invisibility. It took a while to figure out how people reacted to it, but I feel like it does have some extremely strong uses.

I've also been experimenting with using it at the end of block chains. I think it MIGHT give you slightly more advantage at the end of 3 2 1, but maybe that's just the opponents mistiming things because the invisibility confuses them.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't use either much anymore outside of corner combos.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
My brother ends his block strings with invisibility some times. Even though you can see Reptile still his mix ups are hidden and you are forced to guess what he is going to throw at you.

Obviously ex is safer and hides him completely but even with this information I almost never punish the normal invisibility in time out of fear that he could have ended the string with green hand.

sLeeK

Noob
When I have full meter and feel confident I can pull it off I use
ex SFB ex invis elbow dash, jip 321 elbow dash njp FFB SFB 321 slide or I end a bnb with ex invis like wonder chef said.

The elbow dash njp bnb is not impossible to pull off online .. I do it in nearly everyone of my matches.

McNasty

Moist.
I use it when someone has caught on to my mixups or at full screen to get in when hes moving a lot hes tougher to see so it makes jump ins a little easier. I'd like to incorporate the EX version into my game it seems like people will turtle a bit when they cant see you at all so its a perfect time to throw and poke.

i use it quite often too, it often causes the opponent to panic and make errors that can easily be punished from muscle memory as previously stated...aside from the damage boost, and the confusion and guesswork caused, its fun to watch the opponent float around "by themselves" taking a juggle ride ^_^

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I have found a lot of uses for reptile's and smoke's regular invisibility. It is important to understand that regular invisibility is completly level dependent. Meaning that it works better on some levels than it does others. Example: Courtyard day is terrible for regular cloaking. The monks clapping in the background make it easier for you to be spotted and your shadow can be seen through most of the level because it is outside in the sunlight. However, a level like Goro's layer is excellent for regular cloaking. The dark background makes it much more difficult for you to be spotted and because it is inside your shadow is hidden through most of the level. (Right in front of Goro is really the only bad spot.) Fast moves like reptile's elbow dash and smoke's teleport punch while cloaked on goro's layer are very difficult to see coming.

BEST LEVELS FOR REGULAR INVISIBILITY:
GORO'S LAYER
SHANG TSUNG'S THRONE ROOM
SHAO KAHN'S THRONE ROOM
THE TEMPLE
THE PIT BOTTOM

Now these are just my opinion's and I am sure some of you may disagree but I found these level's to be very useful for regular cloaking.

Symon189

Noob
i use it quite often too, it often causes the opponent to panic and make errors that can easily be punished from muscle memory as previously stated...aside from the damage boost, and the confusion and guesswork caused, its fun to watch the opponent float around "by themselves" taking a juggle ride ^_^
same you

Also, it needs to be understood that invisibility as a strategy to confuse the player is more viable against some than others. For example, I never use invis against a Sub-zero... there's just no point. Basically, your going to use it against players that don't have low or aerial projectiles, and who don't have teleports. If they have either of those, your invis is going to show on block so often that it's not worth the time it takes to pop it.

Players I find have difficulty against the invis are:

- Baraka
- Johnny Cage
- Kenshi
- Jax
- Sheeva