What's new

Introducing R1p's Arena MK1 Season 1: €5,000 Prize Pool!!!

I am thrilled to announce the very first season of MK1 on R1p's Arena! Season One is set to have a minimum of a €5,000 prize pool!!! Remember, it's totally FREE to sign up, so join the R1p's Arena Discord and get in on all the sweaty MK1 action you can handle!

Comments

Cool to finally put a face to your name robocop , i just have a question my schedule is a bit weird sometimes ill have a friday evening to myself but never really have advanced notice , do your sign ups close near to the event or a while before ? I dont wanna no show but id love to play sets with the top boys

Cool to finally put a face to your name robocop , i just have a question my schedule is a bit weird sometimes ill have a friday evening to myself but never really have advanced notice , do your sign ups close near to the event or a while before ? I dont wanna no show but id love to play sets with the top boys
Usually our Signups close approx 2-3 hours before the actual event starts, to give us enough time to prepare the visuals for the show.

What characters were used?
Mainly non-stress / beta ones. There is a sick smoke, rain and decent Nitara. Kenshi is there, but with Sonic and that French Canadian dude whom I can never spell is nick (the Robbin in IJ2 and Tekada in MKx) maining them it is hard to watch other people use them as they are just so in front of the scene right now.

I didn't write them down... give the vid links a click and you can quickly see, plus you send some clicks rips way to help the chan.

What characters were used?
Makoran won with Mileena/Sareena, though he started with Nitara/Sareena.

Javier came in second using Scorpion/Goro for some interesting full-screen unblockable setups. (People saying Scorpion sucks lol)

Roethor put Rain to good use.

Of course we had several Johnny/Kano teams, since it's a solid kombo and was usable in the beta. Lawkorridor was tearing people up with this.

Those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

It's a league culminating in a top-8. You get points for winning sets and the players with the most points at the end of the league get to participate in the finals.

How do I sign up for these? The discord still says ps4 and seems to be for MK11 unless I'm missing something.

@The_Tile Due to the extreme increase in participants, they're tweaking the sign-up process a bit. Best thing to do for now is just join the Discord and I'll post an announcement as soon as the new sign-up system goes live.

Today's on-stream lineup! Signups for today are closed, but if you want to participate in R1p's Arena, you can still sign up up to 3 times per platform for the rest of the week!

I am thrilled to announce the very first season of MK1 on R1p's Arena! Season One is set to have a minimum of a €5,000 prize pool!!! Remember, it's totally FREE to sign up, so join the R1p's Arena Discord and get in on all the sweaty MK1 action you can handle!
Thanks for this but problem is I don’t use discord and I don’t plan on getting one just to sign up for free tournaments online but, I should have probably specified no discord required because, I used to have discord but, I stopped because of all the toxicity I encountered there personally.

Thanks for this but problem is I don’t use discord and I don’t plan on getting one just to sign up for free tournaments online but, I should have probably specified no discord required because, I used to have discord but, I stopped because of all the toxicity I encountered there personally.
There is zero toxicity in the R1p's Arena Discord. And you don't have to "get a Discord" since it's usable in your browser. If you ever change your mind, feel free to sign up. I don't think there are any online leagues or tournaments that don't involve Discord.

Oh ok makes sense, I’ll definitely do that then and I think I can use it on Xbox series x while I’m playing games as well so, I might actually consider doing that then