What's new

Breakthrough - Impostor Instant Air Teleports. Easy and Accurate. (PS4 Pad)

GGA Max

"Breakthrough" is kind of a stretch, but I'm happy this works.

Left thumb on d-pad. Right thumb on left stick.

Left thumb presses up. Right thumb presses down.

Up, down, up, very fast => Instant teleport.

Hope this hasn't been posted. It's not exactly rocket science, but it's been a hot topic as of late.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Awesome! Do you have enough time to juggle you thumbs in a real match?!
Situation would have to be right i'd imagine, but it is doable. In MK9 (mostly on Skarlet) i switched from regular grip to claw grip and back to regular grip when doing certain strings and ex dagger cancels so i'd imagine this is no different.

EDIT: Good find, was always so caught up on remapping buttons (which really isnt a viable solution for tournament play) and forgot about the obvious option of using the joystick :p

Fixed error. It's rough thinking during morning lol

Last edited:

LavaG

Representing Gamers Republic GH
Nice, been struggling to get that with just the d pad, will certainly try this

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Situation would have to be right, obviously doing this at point blank is a risk because now you cannot use your thumb to input any attack, but it is doable.
Not really, you can press the attack with your right index finger, or your right middle and re-adjust your hand

With the IA tele it seems that sometimes the 1,2 input overhead attack will come out as a mid instead of an OH.

What are you guys doing to get the OH consistently?

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I have been doing this for a while now. It is extremely consistent and makes it where you don't have to switch grips mid match.

GhosT

Noob
I have been doing this for a while now. It is extremely consistent and makes it where you don't have to switch grips mid match.
#1stworldpadproblems

I take so.many inputs for granted playing on hitbox all the instant or near instant airs are so easy u can do them after a.minute and I know some pad players really gotta work and practice to have them consistently.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
#1stworldpadproblems

I take so.many inputs for granted playing on hitbox all the instant or near instant airs are so easy u can do them after a.minute and I know some pad players really gotta work and practice to have them consistently.
All just to still fuck them up playing mk9