What's new

General/Other Input Issues with Shazam..

I just want as many eyes on this issue as possible... Really want it to be fixed so here it goes...

I would like a tester or someone from NRS to come to this tthread.. There are input issues for sure.. I play Shazam, I dont know how many times I put in the input to down/back (diagonal) and 3 to sweep someone and I teleport.. Isnt the inputs simple enough? Why is there a shortcut for down, back? I am in training mode now and the only inputs that I put in is down and diagonal down/back and I teleport.. All I was trying to do was block while I try for a sweep kick and I teleport.. I know you can just hold down and block but still, like I said the inputs are already simple.. Why put in the shortcut?

its really annoying and I wish they would fix it.. I should be able to hit diagonal down/back and not teleport.. If I wanted to teleport I can easily hit down then back (with no diagonal input) or even do a full QCF or QCB.

I mean test it yourself , use Shazam and hit down then diagonal down/back and 3.. You will teleport.. Even though the input should be down then back/forward..

I also wanted to add that its also the reason why you see batman randomly do a anti air grapple.. I've seen Reo do it in tournaments.. So please pass this along and get NRS to fix it...

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
I can confirm that this happens with Green arrow and joker as well. Holding diagnal down/back and hitting anything when any tries to cross you up, or any time you are forced to face the opposite direction, it upumps out a QCB. It is extremely annoying. I think you dont have to hold down back to crouch block though, so i guess that is the solution to this issue

Maybe turning off release check would help.
its already off.. Like I brought up in a nother thread in gameplay topics, there are 2 input options that should get a special move to come out..
or
... this input should not have a special move come out.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
What about alternate control? That option is about shortcuts for movements, basically the difference between SFIV and MK9 style inputs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What about alternate control? That option is about shortcuts for movements, basically the difference between SFIV and MK9 style inputs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I would use the SF alt controls because that does solve the issue.. The thing is, I dont like having to do a half circle for the Atlas Torpedo..

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
and when you get jumped over and try to poke on the way down and end up doing achillies clutch...that grits my shit - full punish right there

I get this input so many times ha.. I've had multiple people ask me why the hell I do so many teleports in a row when I was in a position to do a combo or had them free.

Today I also figured out how to combo the dbf 1 throw off a 22 as well. I had a lot of trouble getting this consistently and I honestly felt that my timing was correct. dbuf 1 after the 22 connects it for me everytime

Ah this is the thread I was looking for. I was wondering how many people played Shazam with alternate controls because I noticed that weird buffer input as well and can't stand it. It does make Atlas Torpedo harder and nothing else really, seems odd that someone would pick alternate over normal style besides the bad input stuff. Anyways, if anyone is having trouble with say b2 torpedo in alternate, try b2 and immediately doing the half circle starting from upback for the torpedo motion. Just takes some getting used to, but its better than getting full punished for something that shouldn't have even come out.

Sh@zAM

Magics what I'm all about !
I was wondering if other people were having issues, I having come over from SF I thought that alt controls would be fine but his MH I can barely do from P2 side if I put it to normal controls I can make the move come out 95% better.

Also has anyone gotten 2 moves from 1 button press and a motion ? I was messing around with Triangle with one press, then a bolt motion after the one punch it would still come out seems weird.

NMISM-Grinch

Skrull Queen Pleaser
I get this input so many times ha.. I've had multiple people ask me why the hell I do so many teleports in a row when I was in a position to do a combo or had them free.

Today I also figured out how to combo the dbf 1 throw off a 22 as well. I had a lot of trouble getting this consistently and I honestly felt that my timing was correct. dbuf 1 after the 22 connects it for me everytime
wait, so you're saying you can get the HM grab by doing db, uf1? That is HOTT!!!!