What's new

Injustice will be on XBOX 360 at East Coast Throwdown

Do you agree with switching to Xbox 360 to play Injustice at ECTV?

• Yes

Votes: 117 68.0%
  • No

Votes: 53 30.8%
  • Other (post your vote)

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

sea_guy

Monitor
The game plays like absolute garbage on ps3. It slows down randomly in matches during combos, etc. For people to travel and pay all the expenses and venue fees and then be forced to play in lag at times WORSE than online... it's unacceptable in my opinion.
lol at this hyperbole. You make it sound like it's the ps3 version of umvc3 when it's more like the ps3 version of sf4. Worse than online? come the fuck on

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
lol at this hyperbole. You make it sound like it's the ps3 version of umvc3 when it's more like the ps3 version of sf4. Worse than online? come the fuck on
wtf is a hyperbole?

The fact of the matter is this, outside of the sponsored BIG events, 360 is the tournament standard and we need to get with it and people need to stop complaining about the fucking controller...be prepared and buy a Damn converter.

With that said, Shock SweetJohnnyCage, I'll gladly bring a FULL set up with me to ECT, I don't want my venue fee waived, just want to help.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
All I have to say is that the game should always be played on the system that provides the best experience when possible. At NCR, they used PS3's for Marvel (even though 360 is the standard) and it really screwed up Chris G's timing with all the slowdown. The crowd even acknowledged it chanting "PS3! PS3! PS3!". It probably cost him a match too.

From Eventhubs:

Following his loss in the top 32 of the Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 tournament at NorCal Regionals 2013 to SenorTaxi, AGE's ChrisG cited PS3 lag as one of the reasons why he lost the match, stating on his
Twitter account

that:
ChrisG: That guy is probably the worst player I have ever lost to. Horrible PS3 lag. Couldn't even unfly.
SoulAdamant: You're a great player and I respect that, but both of you played on the same console.
ChrisG: Do you really believe I would've got hit by random bionic arms.
Evil Geniuses member Justin Wong also commented on the matter stating that:
Justin Wong: Well, to be honest, Chris shouldn't have lost. Random bionic arm doesn't work against Morrigan unfly.
I wouldn't start theorizing about Evo and MLG using PS3's because who knows? To me that is not a good enough reason to run the game on a system that has less ram than my cell phone. Players need to be prepared to play on either system. TO's might not have enough 360's and I understand that and it is a perfectly legit reason not to run the game on 360. All other reasoning is just political/fanboy related.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
I have no problem with the system that TOs decide to run it on. My only problem is that I only have a ps3 with a ps3 pad and ps2 pad. 2 weeks may not be enough time to get a converter because last time etokki took awhile to deliver my ps3 to ps2 converter. Will there be converters for people who do not have them ready for this tournament? I will be fine with picking up a converter for future tournaments, but I was not ready at all for ECT to be run on Xbox360.

Vagrant

Noob
2 games in a row now with issues on ps3, and evo and mlg continues to use them as the standard....

I just don't understand it. Are they under contract with Sony? Cause then It would make sense.

Bill, we bought 4 extra PS3s and 7 copies of the game and the day after we received the PS3s, we found out that the gameplay was sub par and there were rumblings that players might prefer 360. How do you think we feel? It's a very frustrating thing to deal with in this day and age when one console is superior to another for a game that bureaucracy dictates the standard, and not quality of gameplay. IMO even MK9 should have been played on 360.

I would love to see a tournament mode that alleviates the graphics processing for backgrounds (similar to PC options for detail and what not), and cuts out the down time between matches by allowing faster continues. IMO, that's the direction we should be going with this.

If it comes down to players not attending events because of PS3's issues, then it is negligent of us, as TOs, to not supply the highest quality option for play. I know of many tournaments that do not go by the "EVO" or "MLG" standard because of the simple position of "F" that BS port. Again, I am tired of hand forcing. Right now this vote shows the majority in favor. I would like to see this poll get to at least 100 votes.

Zyphox I am however, all for trying to make sure PS3 players will be able to use their controllers on the 360s. I'm working on this as well.

LOL.. i was joking about the buy me 360 stuff.

I was serious here though..

again.. IDC which system is used. yes, 360 is the better system of choice to run this game. The only issue I have is having 20 tournaments where 10 are 360 and 10 ps3. Make a standard and stay with it.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
I dont play competitively but have and always will buy Fighting games for multiple platforms. I do this mainly due to people using the excuse of "oh I'm used to playing on _____ console with ____ controller." I play and adapt to all platforms, all controllers and in turn am prepared for _____ console with _____ controller.

If something is determined better it should be the standard, this isn't the first fg that's had issues on PS3 so why hasn't the elephant in the room been addressed?

I know its a big investment for TO's but shouldn't the best possible overall experience for the players hold the most value?

Just some thoughts from your not so common casual.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
2 games in a row now with issues on ps3, and evo and mlg continues to use them as the standard....

I just don't understand it. Are they under contract with Sony? Cause then It would make sense.
Yes, Sony and EVO have a partnership. Pretty sure MLG did too.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hyperbole

That... is the opposite of a standard. It's specifically non-standard.
Just because EVO and MLG use PS3 DOES NOT make it standard, they're sponsored tournaments in which Sony throws money at so they use their inferior system. 90% of every other major uses 360 (minus MK9 and prior generation games). THAT is tournament standard, not who throws the most money at TO's.....try again.

Kevlang

Noob
From an objective perspective, the tournaments should be held using optimal hardware. It's my understanding that specific monitors are used because they don't lag. Ideally, the game hardware should be selected using the same considerations. If the game runs better on the Xbox 360, that should automatically make the Xbox the preferred tournament platform.

When possible, the Xbox 360 should be the system of choice. I don't see why the community is allowing MLG or EVO to dictate the tournament standard. If they are contractually obligated to use PS3's, then that's something they need to revisit when renewing contract terms.

The community should hold tournaments on the best hardware available and put pressure on those who aren't using the proper system hardware. Tournaments that aren't using Xbox 360 will ultimately fold in order to maintain their credibility as legitimate tournaments.

Just my humble opinion... I base this on my limited understanding of how tournaments work.

sea_guy

Monitor
Just because EVO and MLG use PS3 DOES NOT make it standard, they're sponsored tournaments in which Sony throws money at so they use their inferior system. 90% of every other major uses 360 (minus MK9 and prior generation games). THAT is tournament standard, not who throws the most money at TO's.....try again.
Except 90% of majors don't use 360s, that's a made up number you want to be true because it supports your point, but it's not. It's much closer to 50/50, meaning there is no standard.

Kevlang

Noob
Is there an accurate list of differences between the 2 versions anywhere? Not "PS3 sucks" but raw data like "there's lag of X frames here and here".
I don't think there's a method to calculate or measure the lag beyond the point of visually perceiving it as it takes place. All Graphic cards experience a slow down during heavy gameplay. There's a bottleneck in the PS3 graphics processing that is causing a slowdown. It's most likely to occur on certain stages, or when there's lots of activity onscreen.

For example, in MK9, supposedly there is lots of lag on the Hell stage. I play on xbox 360, and I don't ever notice a problem. This is a PS3 problem.

Since INJUSTICE and MK9 both run on the UNREAL Engine, the PS3 will suffer from the same hardware limitations.

Kevlang

Noob
tataki
I understand that you can measure the input lag time between when a button is pressed and when the animation takes place on screen, but I don't believe that is the issue at hand. I suppose you could recreate gameplay scenarios on both machines but it seems like there's too many variables to reliably compare results.

I could be wrong. There's likely some way to compare that I'm not aware of. I'm simply saying there's no practical need to go to great lengths of measuring if the problem is visually apparent from match videos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 using Tapatalk

tataki

Noob
tataki
I understand that you can measure the input lag time between when a button is pressed and when the animation takes place on screen, but I don't believe that is the issue at hand. I suppose you could recreate gameplay scenarios on both machines but it seems like there's too many variables to reliably compare results.

I could be wrong. There's likely some way to compare that I'm not aware of. I'm simply saying there's no practical need to go to great lengths of measuring if the problem is visually apparent from match videos.
If it's visually apparent then you can provide links to footage, yes?

Kevlang

Noob
If it's visually apparent then you can provide links to footage, yes?
Potentially, yes... Depending on how visually apparent the lag is... I just don't know how it could be accurately measured in terms of frame data... I don't know how easily the scenarios could be recreated and compared with the two different systems. It seems much more extensive than simply measuring a single attack input lag.

I don't really need to see the videos to judge for myself. There seems to be a consensus within the community that there is a significant problem with lag. There's no question that MK9 and Injustice run better on their native platform, Xbox 360.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
ive yet to have any issues with lag or frame drops on ps3, and i even went to GGA which all 5 set ups we had were on ps3, and not a single person complained about a random lag spike there either, and thats with consoles running the game for 5-6 hours non stop.