What's new

Injustice @ PAX East Day 2 Recap - Preview of S.T.A.R. Labs

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
On today's session of Injustice: Gods Among Us at PAX East, for those who may have missed it, they showed us a preview of the S.T.A.R. Labs missions which is similar to MK9's Challenge Tower. There will be over 200+ missions and each character has his/her unique missions. This will be for the player who might want to take a break from the fighting and do some extra modes. You can even play as Catwoman's Cat, Isis in one mission where you have to get past security.

Below are images taken from the stream to give you an idea of the vast amount of content Injustice: Gods Among Us has besides just fighting.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

04.jpg

two.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

Guide Lex Luthor around the water mines to the air bubbles to make it down to Atlantis

08.jpg

Source: http://www.twitch.tv/twitch

Attachments

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
They managed to make this game look awful, which is actually hard.
it only looked awful because they couldn't completely a mission lol if that was what you were saying than i agree but i like these side missions in injustice and i liked them in mk9.

MisterSpyker

The 6'4 King
it only looked awful because they couldn't completely a mission lol if that was what you were saying than i agree but i like these side missions in injustice and i liked them in mk9.
That's what I meant. I bet the Star Labs is gonna be fun, but they seriously ruined it.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Yeah. Tomorrow needs to have something relevant on that screen.

Also, is it just me or does Superman's cape look way better on his Red Son alt?

Casselman

Also: LockUpYourBones
I absolutely loved it. hhahahaha. I came to the scene as a casual who became competitive. I realize its needless effort that could make the game better. But the image of Lex falling through the ocean will NEVER leave my mind. Thank you, NRS.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Gotta disagree. While it was frustrating that the demo guys couldn't complete even a single minigame, the games themselves looked like garbage. I can't help but wonder how much time and how many resources were wasted on this fluff, while almost every player can think of a character they would have liked to be included in the roster. In the time it took them to create 240 time-wasters, they could have released at least another 4 characters. Such a let-down.

Just for the record:
The mini games are there for the casual fans to have more content in the game and I'm sure they will appreciate it. The STAR Labs missions are not necessarily for you elitist fg jerks. You have your amazing practice room with the frame data. Deal with it.
Lol calm down dude, we understand it's for the casuals. Doesn't change my opinion though, am I a jerk for that? Sheesh you make it seem like we took a dump in your corn flakes or something

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Gotta disagree. While it was frustrating that the demo guys couldn't complete even a single minigame, the games themselves looked like garbage. I can't help but wonder how much time and resources was wasted on this fluff, while almost every player can think of a character they would have liked to be included in the roster. In the time it took them to create 240 time-wasters, they could have released at least another 4 characters. Such a let-down.
the reason it may have looked like garbage was 1 they only showed mini games really with the exception of the red sun superman vs green lantern, and 2 you already experience something similar in mk9 or another fighter so its not going to surprise you. it is something to do on the side, when you're frustrated that my flash slow mo mix ups destroyed you and you need to blow of some steam XD :D

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
Gotta disagree. While it was frustrating that the demo guys couldn't complete even a single minigame, the games themselves looked like garbage. I can't help but wonder how much time and how many resources were wasted on this fluff, while almost every player can think of a character they would have liked to be included in the roster. In the time it took them to create 240 time-wasters, they could have released at least another 4 characters. Such a let-down.
Damn this is a very controversial comment...
And I like it because of that...
But this stuff was put in there so that the general non-fighting game public will have more things to do... and more of a reason to spend the money...
{Insert picture of Vergil and Ted Dibiase counting money}

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I feel like they were forced to include it because of MK9's challenge tower. But you're right.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Well just watched the Archive there that was awkward as fuck, they better stick with Hector as the Representative, no offense to the other 2 guys, but they looked more pissed at each other than anything