What's new

Injustice is Hold Back to "Block"

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
But why want more of the same all the time, you know?
It's not the same, it's a completely different universe, different specials, different attack properties, different background interactions, etc. I was really looking forward to it b/c superheroes are, well, awesome. lol and Batman is my favorite.

BUT there's reasons I don't play other fighters.

A. I don't care for the characters of SF, Tekken, etc

B. I can't stand the control scheme.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Damn, this is the MK game I've wanted them to make. MK9 guys don't realize that with the addition of high, mid, and low attacks that the block button is no longer needed. It's more of a hindrance than a benefit in the new MK. I'm excited for Injustice.
Do tell how it's a bad thing to have a block button?

Yes, I think most people kinda just want MK vs DC 2 - MK + MK9 gameplay. But why want more of the same all the time, you know?
Man, it looks like MK to me. The juggles are MK esque, Strings and combos resemble MK.

Glad it's different, don't want NRS to pushing out Cod style games now would ya. Same shit different pile. But than again, I wouldn't be surprised if majority of MK players are little brats. So it's to be expected.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I think that this is NRS's attempt to make a fighting game more respected by the entire FGC than MK 9 has been. I think that NRS has paid attention to the large amount of flak that they get from the rest of the non-MK FGC, with one of the largest complaints out of all of them being the fact that there is a block button.

It's a bit gutsy, but I like this call. I just hope that everyone here at least gives it a chance.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
It's not the same, it's a completely different universe, different specials, different attack properties, different background interactions, etc. I was really looking forward to it b/c superheroes are, well, awesome. lol and Batman is my favorite.

BUT there's reasons I don't play other fighters.

A. I don't care for the characters of SF, Tekken, etc

B. I can't stand the control scheme.
I didn't mean the same like that, I meant that too many people want the game to be MK10 minus Mk but with DC. They want a reskin and some specials to be moved around to fit and changed aesthetically. I don't see why, MK9 is a great game regardless of preference, but having so many similar playing games just makes you wonder, what's the point?

And that's quite alright that you don't care for other games for those reasons, but if a new game takes on soem of those gameplay qualities, it shouldn't be that big of a problem that you'd curse the game because of it.

Though, I must say I can agree that they shouldn't Capcom-ize the game. They aren't Capcom and I hope it doesn't feel like a Capcom game, but we'll just have to see. TBH, I could care less about the gameplay in the end, I just want to punch things with Batman

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
There is a lot of good that back to block gives.

First is charge specials. This adds variety to the cast.
Second is depth by avoiding meter drain, eh moves will be based like street fighter which sounds bad however it is much smother.
Third means option select possibilities
not to mention attacking while holding block is possible making it easy to counter poke instead of waiting for block animation to end.
It may also play better online since block is only activated while the opponent is attacking.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
since its 3 button control scheme I wonder if specials will work like they do in SF where L, M, and H versions of each special have different properties. I always wanted MK to do that instead of giving us a billion different inputs and introducing more negative edge (Jades Boomerangs).

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think that this is NRS's attempt to make a fighting game more respected by the entire FGC than MK 9 has been. I think that NRS has paid attention to the large amount of flak that they get from the rest of the non-MK FGC, with one of the largest complaints out of all of them being the fact that there is a block button.

It's a bit gutsy, but I like this call. I just hope that everyone here at least gives it a chance.
Exactly.
They're trying to pander to the MK crowd, while at the same time making a bigger attempt to appeal to the rest of the FGC seeing as this being a non-MK title means they can do with and adapt to whatever the hell they please..

I like it. And as was said, no more Meter Drain Glitch = fucking $$$.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Exactly.
They're trying to pander to the MK crowd, while at the same time making a bigger attempt to appeal to the rest of the FGC seeing as this being a non-MK title means they can do with and adapt to whatever the hell they please..

I like it. And as was said, no more Meter Drain Glitch = fucking $$$.

Sounds to me like they're "pandering" to everyone BUT the MK crowd.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Ive played MvC3. Fuck that shit.
Right now, I'd compare Injustice to Street Fighter WAY more than trying to compare it with Marvel. Marvel is just insanely fast and has the potential of having so much stuff happening on the screen at once that you as the player has to try to account for / react to.

Street Fighter is about as fast as MK 9 and is not nearly as busy as Marvel.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Sounds to me like they're "pandering" to everyone BUT the MK crowd.
When you think about it though, if it does end up being really good (which it's looking like it will, and this isn't even the alpha test yet, just bare bones basics), the majority of the MK crowd is probably gonna end up giving it a good shot, if not at first than by virtue of the players who do end up diving in and relaying the message of its awesome, just because of its NRS/Boon-based origins and the similarities in combat that it does have to MK9; and at the same time, the more seasoned FG players more accustomed to this style of fighter won't have any reason NOT to at least try out a new medium of competition or casual entertainment by picking it up.
They can't please everyone, but NRS seems like it's gonna try its damndest to aim at pleasing a much bigger base this time, .

NB Semi Evil Ryu

I'm sure that we'll be hearing feedback on this game from the MK players that are at E3 now sometime later this week. CDjr, DetroitBallin....am I missing anyone else? Isn't Brady there, too?

Damn, this is the MK game I've wanted them to make. MK9 guys don't realize that with the addition of high, mid, and low attacks that the block button is no longer needed. It's more of a hindrance than a benefit in the new MK. I'm excited for Injustice.
i dunno most games arent loaded with the kind of teleports mk has and theres a lot of crossovers anyway, imagine trying to block smokes ex tele

Beast3

Theres No Escape
Would have been nice to keep things the way they work in MK, just for the background interactions get rid of the stance change button... ugh, not happy about having to adapt to a new style/layout but I'm buying this game day 1 nonetheless

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
BACK TO BLOCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMN IT THAT IS FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! GOD!!!!!!!!
lol

but really i don't think its that big of a deal, this game look like it will be fun as shit,will it make me free as shit? yes, will it stop me from playing the game or change my outlook? naaaa =)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Whatever, I used to play Tekken, I'll deal with it.

3 attack buttons? Soul Calibur plz...

However, a custom background interaction button indicates that they're expecting the background interactions to be part of competitive play. I'm not sure if I agree with it yet, but we'll see.

Osu 16 Bit don't let us down!