What's new

Injustice General Discussion

Because you don't get levels just from playing online.
Does the win/loss record I was speaking of above only take into account human opponents? Are battle mode victories counted?

I'm trying to figure out my record. I get declined a lot but I"m really not that great.

Saitsu

Noob
Does the win/loss record I was speaking of above only take into account human opponents? Are battle mode victories counted?

I'm trying to figure out my record. I get declined a lot but I"m really not that great.
Only counts for Human Opponents. Online as well, and only in the mode mentioned (your Ranked Mode wins for example don't carry to your Player Match W/L).

BGMD

Noob
About what exactly is this lady talking in the beginning of this video? Chances of Injustice becoming a TV series?!
First time hearing anything about that. Probably just a wild speculation on hers part...

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
About what exactly is this lady talking in the beginning of this video? Chances of Injustice becoming a TV series?!
First time hearing anything about that. Probably just a wild speculation on hers part...
TV Series? Yeah I got no clue where she pulled that idea from.

haketh

Noob
Not a fan of INjsutice getting added to EVO, way to early for that and it shits on the games that didn't make it that got high spots in the donation drive hard.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Not a fan of INjsutice getting added to EVO, way to early for that and it shits on the games that didn't make it that got high spots in the donation drive hard.
I think wiz said it best when he said you can't reward second place. even though he pretty much did by making skullgirls an official side tourney providing them with setups adding money to their pot and streaming their top 8 it's basically in the line up.

haketh

Noob
I just think INjustice shouldn't have been added to the lineup this late. Yeah the game has a ton of fanfare right now but like a ton of games that could fall off hard. That and like I said it just feels like a middle finger to smaller scenes that have been working their butts off to get some notice to get passed up by the unproven shiny.

Saitsu

Noob
I'll be honest, and I brought this up a long while ago. No game should be added to EVO if it's released after the Decision Date. The only time I'd honestly make an exception is if one of the games already in EVO decided to Fall on their Sword and let the newer game in out of the goodness of their hearts, which just won't happen.

If you feel a newer game should have a shot at EVO, then move the Decision Date back so it can get tested.

Once again, the decision process would be a LOT cleaner if that was the rule and lessen the talk of conspiracy.

Injustice is here to stay and EVO corrected their original oversight of not putting the game in the starting line up.

It's kind of petty now to shit on this game for doing well and getting attention. EVO isn't a democracy, they can put any game they want in.

The people who say MK doesn't deserve an EVO spot are just as bad.

Saitsu

Noob
Injustice is here to stay and EVO corrected their original oversight of not putting the game in the starting line up.

It's kind of petty now to shit on this game for doing well and getting attention. EVO isn't a democracy, they can put any game they want in.

The people who say MK doesn't deserve an EVO spot are just as bad.
How the fuck was it an oversight to begin with? When the decisions were made, you know what knowledge we had of Injustice? Little to none. Shit was even more unproven than Vanilla SFxT the year before.

How the fuck was it an oversight to begin with? When the decisions were made, you know what knowledge we had of Injustice? Little to none. Shit was even more unproven than Vanilla SFxT the year before.
The game was as close to guaranteed to blow up as any game out there.

Fighting games are a seasonal sport and to deny a much hyped new contender a spot at the next EVO is holding the game back.

Allowing new games at EVO doesn't mean they will be asked back, so it could never be the huge catastrophe you make it out to possibly be.

Saitsu

Noob
The game was as close to guaranteed to blow up as any game out there.

Fighting games are a seasonal sport and to deny a much hyped new contender a spot at the next EVO is holding the game back.

Allowing new games at EVO doesn't mean they will be asked back, so it could never be the huge catastrophe you make it out to possibly be.
And it was just as likely to crash and burn. Considering how SFxT went down last year, Wiz did not want a repeat performance if Injustice did not live up to standards. And again, unlike SFxT where there was plenty of screen time and hype from Capcom themselves that just didn't go as expected, Injustice was essentially a ghost.

EVO was already running a massive amount of games. Absolutely no need to take a risk with a game that no one knew jack shit about unless NRS wanted to pay them mass amount of money or some shit.

No game deserves to get into EVO on Name Value alone, even though that tends to happen. But the difference being that at Decision Date, Injustice literally had ONLY Name Value.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
It doesn't even matter it's all on the evo committe to do what they want its their show if you wanna have say in the ins and outs of a major tournaments operations start one. I'm not saying that to shit on you or because I support their decision I say that because I'm a TO my self I run just a little local nothing close to EVO's scale and I can tell you it's nothing but work and every time people try and add there little 2 cents I really try to take it in and do what I can. But at the end of the day you can't help people more than they would help themselves.

Capcom oversaturated the market with games and their little bubble was going to collapse sooner or later.

Tekken hasn't been doing so hot lately either.

SFxT just happened to be the perfect storm of shittiness.

Those looking for a new NRS fighter have much fewer options.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
Holy shit.. just played Alioune, and I can say that yes.. Cyborg is close to broken baha

The Gabriel

Mean Man
So I just noticed this and it's really dumb. Not sure if ranked is the same way, but as far as player matches, your "Rank" is based SOLELY on how many wins you've accrued. That's it. Just wins.

So for example, my record is 786 - 149 and my Rank is 208, whereas someone who is 884 - 999 is ranked even higher (150-ish), even though my win rate is ~84% while they're well below .500. That is just stupid.